No surge power strip

gunnywife

7 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Wondering with three or 4 outlets why one needs to plug in do many devices at the same time?

DW and I are good with our iron, kettle and instant pot.  The phones can wait till evening.

On older ships; there’s exactly ONE outlet in the cabin..on the Royal Class there’s still only one; but at least there’s USB ports by the bed (one on either nightstand) to charge phones.

And..they let you take an instant pot onboard!? Are you cooking food in your cabin?

34 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

We are on Discovery Princess right now and have the top one listed in this post.  No problem with it getting on board we just left it in the box that says cruise ship approved and put it in our carryon.  Which ship are you going on?  On the Discovery there are only 2 regular out let’s and 1 USB port on each bedside table and we are in a mini suite.

3 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

We've used this one on multiple cruises without any problems.  We like the combination of 3 outlets, 4 USB ports and and extension cord.

• Like 1

Cruise lines don't like anything with a surge protector, so a simple cheap double/triple powerboard without surge protection is usually fine.

For myself, most of the time, I'm looking to charge multiple things that use USB (watch, phones, headphones, ipad et al) and not looking for multiple regular plug/sockets. The shaver can normally be charged in the bathroom.

Also I want something I can use on shore not locking me down to one socket type when visiting countries not on a cruise, so the following does me a treat. 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/265749465972

Edited by P&T
spelling

6 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Wondering with three or 4 outlets why one needs to plug in do many devices at the same time?

DW and I are good with our iron, kettle and instant pot.  The phones can wait till evening.

Passenger supplied irons, kettles and instant pots are banned from being used on ships.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

I just received this one.  I think it should be good.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09PGXWNWG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use this Anker one for the outlets by the desk, and another adapter (it isn't listed on Amazon anymore), and that works great for 3 phones, an Apple Watch, a DSLR battery charger, 2 portable battery packs for long shore excursions, and my Kindle.