Hamburger,cheeseburger or veggie burger on a cruise

lenquixote66

3 hours ago, Seamus6 said:

I fully understand.  For most of my life I only ate well done steak and burgers.  It's just been the last 6-7 years I started trying medium-well then medium then medium-rare.  I like Medium best but can tolerate medium rare.  I generally don't order medium rare because I can't handle if the under-cook to rare but If I order medium and they under-cook to MR, I can enjoy it.  I still like a  little char on the outside even when pink inside.  I just need some juice inside, if possible.  

As I said I also like a wide variety of condiments but enjoy making my own caramelized onion jam when grilling at home. 

What do you like on yours?

Ketchup and occasionally relish 

11 hours ago, Seamus6 said:

I fully understand.  For most of my life I only ate well done steak and burgers.  It's just been the last 6-7 years I started trying medium-well then medium then medium-rare.  I like Medium best but can tolerate medium rare.  I generally don't order medium rare because I can't handle if the under-cook to rare but If I order medium and they under-cook to MR, I can enjoy it.  I still like a  little char on the outside even when pink inside.  I just need some juice inside, if possible.  

As I said I also like a wide variety of condiments but enjoy making my own caramelized onion jam when grilling at home. 

What do you like on yours?

A medium rare burger does not make the grade.  A medium burger is just right.  Just a little ketchup and cheddar cheese.  I always shake on a little garlic salt and pepper before cooking…charcoal grilled is my favorite.  I prefer a lighter bun or even bread lightly grilled with butter.  

2 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

A medium rare burger does not make the grade.  A medium burger is just right.  Just a little ketchup and cheddar cheese.  I always shake on a little garlic salt and pepper before cooking…charcoal grilled is my favorite.  I prefer a lighter bun or even bread lightly grilled with butter.  

If the meat is lightly packed as it should, making it lighter, we enjoy Caramelized Vidalia Onions.

Maybe if needed, like use of Maldon Sea Salt. 

• 1 month later...

On my last night of a Regent cruise I had a hamburger (or maybe it was a cheeseburger) from room service.  It was the best burger I ever ate and I regretted not having more of them during the cruise.