Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

14 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

No time like the present to start throwing stuff in the suitcase... I'm going to have to pair down my selections, as I'm going "carry on only" this sailing. I'll probably spend most of my time wearing swimming trunks and tshirts, so I should be good to go. I'm only bringing one pair of long pants other than the ones I'll be wearing on the plane...

Good packing plan!  Can't wait to see your collection of t-shirts.  

• Like 1

The place I'm going for dinner is "valet parking only", so I'm going to just walk there... Not because I'm too cheap to pay for valet, I just don't like strangers in my car. Plus, my car is a piece of junk compared to the other diners there... Living in this area puts nearly unlimited amounts of dining at my fingertips. Everything from fast food, to fast casual, to fine dining... 

• Like 4

Back home now from dinner, and mixing up some fresh lime Cadillac margaritas... The dinner was great, other than the spotty service and unexplained charge at the very end. When we left off, the roast peppers and pita had just arrived. Next, everything else pretty much showed up at once. First, THE greatest grilled octopus anywhere, including Miami. This is their signature dish, and they've perfected the art of octopus. The secret is that you have to boil it first or it'll turn out rubbery. This is the step that most restaurants skip to save time, but it's crucial for the texture to be tender...

PXL_20221201_232013723.thumb.jpg.8330be6af262f023d34ae6a273e52b09.jpg

PXL_20221201_232018416.jpg

• Like 9

Now it was time to dig into everything else. The gigande beans, lamb pie, and Greek fries. I'd planned on saving some for tomorrow, but I scarfed down every single bite, save for a few triangles of pita.

PXL_20221201_232000520.thumb.jpg.8cf360081de393872de9e2286087c90b.jpg

PXL_20221201_232005318.thumb.jpg.9e68fcdcc3d5ad276c34387f61fbac14.jpg

PXL_20221201_232026752.thumb.jpg.18df2006105bc32376402d191764fb61.jpg

PXL_20221201_232041810.jpg

• Like 9

Prior to leaving for dinner, I squoze a few limes to make margaritas when I got back. I didn't want to scarf down too many fifteen dollar cocktails at the restaurant if I could make better drinks at home myself. 

PXL_20221202_003341476.thumb.jpg.44ad4dc9d6ab58c3e3f1864fb080d3d1.jpg

PXL_20221202_003350116.jpg

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, dmet0225 said:

Two things I can say for certain while reading Sid’s posts are that (1) I have no idea what he’s eating and (2) if I know what it is, I’m certainly not eating it.

A follow up question to Sid is, “Is there something you WON’T eat?”

• Like 1

Oh, I forgot to mention the little thing that happened when the bill arrived... I was armed with my Buckhead Life Restaurant card in addition to a regular credit card, as I knew that they could only charge for food and drinks on one, but the tax and tip on the other... The total for the food and drinks alone was $77 plus tax it came to $84 and some change. The charge on the credit card should've been exactly $7.29 before tip. 

When she brought the ticket, the credit card charge was exactly double what it should have been. I asked the waitress what the deal was, and she had no explanation, other than " the tax is charged to the card, and the food and drinks are charged to the other card"... 

So, I'm the type of person who normally tips 20%, unless there's some kind of issue. Well, the issue here tonight was that I've already been charged double the amount that was agreed upon before tip, with no explanation whatsoever. Our tax here is ten percent, and I've already been charged twenty. So, am I supposed to pay twenty more percent, making it forty percent? I don't think so... If there had been an additional line stating "minimum gratuity" or something along those lines, okay, but there was no explanation.

I ended up just deducting the additional amount from the tip, since she couldn't come up with any reasonable reason why the charge was different than what it should've been. 

• Like 14