Luminosa - rough seas en route back to Brisbane

Currently around 40km off the Tweed Coast, reporting 3.6 metre waves and 11.7m/s strong breeze. I have watched a couple of clips from a friend aboard, and it looks like it is only uncomfortable for the meek. Waves off the coast are slowly abating.

I don't think Splendor was able to tender to Tangalooma today, as they are already heading out.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Currently around 40km off the Tweed Coast, reporting 3.6 metre waves and 11.7m/s strong breeze. I have watched a couple of clips from a friend aboard, and it looks like it is only uncomfortable for the meek. Waves off the coast are slowly abating.

I don't think Splendor was able to tender to Tangalooma today, as they are already heading out.

Definition of meek?  My friend just reminded me of when they were held off Brisbane for two days and couldn't disembark!

34 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Our hotel in Brisbane said that a  ship was three hours late boarding this morning due to rough seas.  She didn’t specify which ship though.

I'm boarding tomorrow afternoon on Luminosa, so it was not my ship.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Our hotel in Brisbane said that a  ship was three hours late boarding this morning due to rough seas.  She didn’t specify which ship though.

Pacific Encounter, and the delay likely to the safety of boarding their pilot this morning.

Edited by arxcards
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, LincolnLegend said:

I got off the Luminosa on Thursday morning. The last night approaching Brisbane was the roughest of the 11 nights! Sideways rain and about 15 degrees as we got off, the Queenslanders were suffering lol

Did you have an enjoyable cruise prior to the rough weather approaching Brisbane?  Yes, the weather has been unseasonably cold for Queenslanders this last week.  Now GC beaches are all closed because of the wild conditions.  Hope seas are smoother tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Did you have an enjoyable cruise prior to the rough weather approaching Brisbane?  Yes, the weather has been unseasonably cold for Queenslanders this last week.  Now GC beaches are all closed because of the wild conditions.  Hope seas are smoother tomorrow. 

Thursday, 1/12 - 1st day of summer -  15-17c unbelievable!

We are presently on the Coral about 24 hrs out heading back to Brisbane. Weather partly cloudy with some sun. Wind and sea up a bit however not to bad. 

Not quite sure whether the captain has deployed the fins or not. Coral is performing well.👍

Edited by portcbob

2 hours ago, portcbob said:

We are presently on the Coral about 24 hrs out heading back to Brisbane. Weather partly cloudy with some sun. Wind and sea up a bit however not to bad. 

Not quite sure whether the captain has deployed the fins or not. Coral is performing well.👍

Pleased to hear wind and seas are up but not too bad.  Hope we have smoother seas this afternoon on Luminosa, heading North.

On 12/3/2022 at 8:07 PM, MMDown Under said:

We had a great cruise and were very lucky with the weather, we even got a stunning, sunny day for the fjords. Unfortunately, I am one of the many that have tested positive for covid since getting home, I am very grateful that I made it home as I know a few that got it just prior to disembarkation and were fairly well dumped by Carnival very quickly.

On 12/4/2022 at 6:36 AM, portcbob said:

We had 5-6 metre seas rounding the south-west corner of WA and the only time we noticed it was when we headed back down the corridor to our cabin. Coral handles the seas very well. 👍

On 12/3/2022 at 2:42 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

We were on Pacific Encounter and were late getting in on Saturday due to weather, we encountered 4-6 metre swells and strong winds, Captain said no way could we make it on time due to weather conditions.

On 12/3/2022 at 8:37 PM, MMDown Under said:

I was on that cruise and found it really good, in fact I only had a touch of seasickness towards the end of the trip, just for one night but a tablet sorted me out and I slept like a baby

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2022 at 11:38 AM, MMDown Under said:

Has anyone heard how Luminosa is handling the rough seas, currently en route back to Brisbane.  All GC Beaches are closed because of wild conditions.

On learning of the rough seas, I bought a bottle of Bundaberg Ginger cordial to take with me to stop me being sea sick.  I have taken this cordial on every cruise overseas, as well as ginger lollies.  One of my bags was late arriving.  Didn't dawn on me that my bottle of Bundaberg Ginger cordial caused the delay, until I saw a note that my bottle of "juice" had been confiscated.  Fortunately seas were smooth, so it wasn't needed.  Thanks for assistance from Reception, I received it back in time for Willis Island which I thought could be rougher seas.  Bottle Returned home unopened!  Moral of story, get permission from "Special Assistance" in advance.