Cabin price change

Jbluebird

We just booked our cruise the other day with a room guarantee because that was the only option available in the room we wanted.  Our room has already been assigned, but I just got an email from Royal today with another promotion and the price is now $500 less than when we booked 2 days ago 😐. I called and was told if we want the reduction, we'd have to cancel and book a new reservation, which means we'd go back in the room lottery.  Is cancellation of the original booking the only way to get the price reduction (I also asked if we could OBC instead of rebooking, but was told no).  Thank you all for any input (saving money is always a great thing!).

10 minutes ago, Jbluebird said:

Yes, firefly333, the cruise is not until the summer.

So you're not within 90 days of sailing. Call back as you should be able to reprice your cruise and use the same booking number.

I checked and if correct you're not sailing until August.

Edited by Ashland

I booked a guranree balcony. I booked on the phone directly with royal. I check prices daily. I saw the price for balconies dropped. I called and asked them to see if a better price was available. I got the better price. I booked Sep 2022 for a cruise Sep 2023.

50 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Call back and get someone who knows what they're talking about.

50 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Call back and get someone who knows what they're talking about.

28 minutes ago, Ashland said:

So you're not within 90 days of sailing. Call back as you should be able to reprice your cruise and use the same booking number.

I checked and if correct you're not sailing until August.

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Call back until you get a rep who can see the lower price.

They booked a gty.  That has now been assigned a room.  They cannot get the gty price without cancelling and rebooking.  Had they not been assigned a room they could have got the price drop but not after the room has been assigned.  To get a drop now they have to be lower than the assigned room.

Also, since they booked a gty it would be non refundable so if they cancel they lose the deposit

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

Hi all, Thank you all for your help.  I called back and spoke to another person.  Our deposit is refundable.  Supposedly the updated rates are for non-refundable deposits.  I'll keep looking for those deals!  Maybe I'll get a RoyalUp email too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jbluebird said:

Hi all, Thank you all for your help.  I called back and spoke to another person.  Our deposit is refundable.  Supposedly the updated rates are for non-refundable deposits.  I'll keep looking for those deals!  Maybe I'll get a RoyalUp email too. 

You got a gty with a refundable deposit...that is odd as all guarantees are supposed to be non refundable

• Like 1

I booked a balcony guarantee with a refundable deposit as well for a Bermuda cruise on liberty.  There was a we pick your room guarantee which was a little more and there was one under the you pick your room for a little less (there was maybe a $10 difference before I added the refundable deposit). So I chose the refundable one since the cruise isn’t until 2023.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You got a gty with a refundable deposit...that is odd as all guarantees are supposed to be non refundable

I would have thought you can go back to a gty if the price drops. If you can downgrade to say a inside, idk why you cant downgrade back to gty. Odd. It would make more sense if you cant downgrade at all.