Anyone booking any of the new sailings today ?

Host Hattie

2 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Fluid pricing is getting very fluid.

The fare is up by thousands, per person now and that's including any early booking discount.

It will be very interesting to see what happens when the pre launch interest period of grace is over.

Al a bit of a gamble isn't it! 🙂

Sounds worse than Ticketmaster with their Springsteen and Taylor Swift tickets...

Once I book a flight or cruise I try hard not to the check the price again

I work on the principle if it had increased I would be chuffed but if it dropped Id be miffed so why bother!

If I was “happy” with the price then I book it and if Im not then I don't book it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craigrlewis said:

I work on the principle if it had increased I would be chuffed but if it dropped Id be miffed so why bother!

If I was “happy” with the price then I book it and if Im not then I don't book it

I think the problem lies if you decide to postpone booking for some reason not to do with the price, and then see it rise as it seems to be.

2 hours ago, Craigrlewis said:

I totally agree although if I have the cabin I want, I couldn't care less if the price drops,  but when one is tracking a fare, it's impossible not to notice the fluctuations, as discussed on this thread.

Got my M422 A1 booking finally settled today, and was excited to see that it might be a milestone cruise!  We'll see how it all pans out, but we're looking forward to our first TA and our first Cunard cruise in 2024.  Planning begins!

46 minutes ago, Drysil said:

Got my M422 A1 booking finally settled today, and was excited to see that it might be a milestone cruise!  We'll see how it all pans out, but we're looking forward to our first TA and our first Cunard cruise in 2024.  Planning begins!

Very good. Once again I do hope Cunard will be counting voyage M422 as QM2's 400th crossing. That does depend on a detail I mentioned in another thread as to whether Cunard has counted voyage M204P earlier this year from Southampton to the Caribbean and back (without a stop in New York or Florida) as two transatlantic crossings. I'm counting that voyage as such but Cunard may not agree with me. In any event, do enjoy your crossing however it's counted.

3 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Very good. Once again I do hope Cunard will be counting voyage M422 as QM2's 400th crossing. That does depend on a detail I mentioned in another thread as to whether Cunard has counted voyage M204P earlier this year from Southampton to the Caribbean and back (without a stop in New York or Florida) as two transatlantic crossings. I'm counting that voyage as such but Cunard may not agree with me. In any event, do enjoy your crossing however it's counted.

We will, and I promise I won’t hold you accountable if Cunard count differently! 😆

I just booked a Britannia Club Balcony for the 23/7/24 sailing on Queen Anne to the Norwegian Fjords.

Curiously, I have booked Stateroom 7150 which is shown on the (April 22) deck plan as a BB, but has been sold to me as an A2. It's one of those odd ones with the trapezoidal shape and angled balcony.

Will be interesting to see if the ship is ready by June 24.

Edited by Beagle5

8 hours ago, Beagle5 said:

I just booked a Britannia Club Balcony for the 23/7/24 sailing on Queen Anne to the Norwegian Fjords.

Curiously, I have booked Stateroom 7150 which is shown on the (April 22) deck plan as a BB, but has been sold to me as an A2. It's one of those odd ones with the trapezoidal shape and angled balcony.

Indeed it is right next door to the A2s - most of the difference is going to be dining and a few extras like coffee machine, priority embarkation (according to brochure received this week) so easy to see you are getting the BC benefits.  The Cunard site shows the mirror room as being BC... Good choice then for the extra space, but I guess a bit more wind on your balcony...

We are on same cruise, same deck (in one of the P1s) - yes, hope it is indeed ready

image.png.bc239427c380fe7ca646a2582a0da7c6.png

We have booked on the second day as Cunard failed to release the 3 week cruise we desired and which had been advertised.  We booked as a 14 day and a 7 day in the end to aquire a particular stateroom for both voyages.

My husband complained to Cunard and they did eventually release the 3 week cruise and stated another 200 staterooms would be added.  Did someone forget to release the button!!!

25 minutes ago, addo said:

We have booked on the second day as Cunard failed to release the 3 week cruise we desired and which had been advertised.  We booked as a 14 day and a 7 day in the end to aquire a particular stateroom for both voyages.

My husband complained to Cunard and they did eventually release the 3 week cruise and stated another 200 staterooms would be added.  Did someone forget to release the button!!!

Well, given the general administrative chaos that often seems to pervade Carnival House, I’m vaguely surprised they managed to press any buttons on the right day. 😀 Still, it’s why we love them.

13 hours ago, Beagle5 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble and not to cause confusion but you havent booked QA for 23/7/24 as she is on a British Isles/Iceland cruise from 14/7/24 until 28/7/24. 

4 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

Indeed it is right next door to the A2s - most of the difference is going to be dining and a few extras like coffee machine, priority embarkation (according to brochure received this week) so easy to see you are getting the BC benefits.  The Cunard site shows the mirror room as being BC... Good choice then for the extra space, but I guess a bit more wind on your balcony...

We are on same cruise, same deck (in one of the P1s) - yes, hope it is indeed ready

image.png.bc239427c380fe7ca646a2582a0da7c6.png

Am I mistaken as QA doesnt go to Norwegian Fjords on 23/7/24.

9 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

23rd June for me... so presumably for OP

Yes first sentence of and post said 23/7/24 which I knew was wrong because we have booked on QA for 14nt cruise on 14/7/24. Saw after reading you were on same cruise and reading the post in full gave contradictory dates. Hope realises 23/7/24 isn't 24th June 😁

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble and not to cause confusion but you havent booked QA for 23/7/24 as she is on a British Isles/Iceland cruise from 14/7/24 until 28/7/24. 

Yeah, your right.  I meant 23 June.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I took a peek at availability for the 20Nov Caribbean, and the cabin categories I'm interested in are marked "GTY" and "non-refundable deposit".

I've noticed this is the second year in a row that Cunard is doing this, and is it only stateside?

Any of my friends in the UK experiencing this?

Is there a way to grab a specific cabin even tho they state guarantee?

Frustrating indeed ... Grrrrr 🤪😡

2 minutes ago, Vic The Parrot said:

Well, I took a peek at availability for the 20Nov Caribbean, and the cabin categories I'm interested in are marked "GTY" and "non-refundable deposit".

I've noticed this is the second year in a row that Cunard is doing this, and is it only stateside?

Any of my friends in the UK experiencing this?

Is there a way to grab a specific cabin even tho they state guarantee?

Frustrating indeed ... Grrrrr 🤪😡

All bookings in the UK whenever they are booked are non refundable and a deposit of 15% of cruise fare. Refundable deposits are a privilege of the US.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

All bookings in the UK whenever they are booked are non refundable and a deposit of 15% of cruise fare. Refundable deposits are a privilege of the US.

But this is a US website.

I find it odd that we can only have guaranty bookings for a trip that's over a year away.  😕 

Unless it's a temporary scheme of some sort to see how ressies are going? Who knows ... guess we have to wait and see.

11 hours ago, Vic The Parrot said:

But this is a US website.

I find it odd that we can only have guaranty bookings for a trip that's over a year away.  😕 

Unless it's a temporary scheme of some sort to see how ressies are going? Who knows ... guess we have to wait and see.

Cunard's website has differences in US/UK websites and different booking conditions. It is normal booking condition in US that deposits are refundable except occasionally Cunard make a cruise fare deposit "non refundable". It is UK law that all holiday bookings whether for cruises or with any other holiday company that deposits are "non refundable".

15 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Why would deposits be refundable anyway? The whole point of a deposit is a commitment to reserving something. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Cunard's website has differences in US/UK websites and different booking conditions. It is normal booking condition in US that deposits are refundable except occasionally Cunard make a cruise fare deposit "non refundable". It is UK law that all holiday bookings whether for cruises or with any other holiday company that deposits are "non refundable".

Deposits were not always refundable on US and Canadian bookings. I don't remember when that changed, but on our earlier crossings on the QE2 in the 1970s and 80s the deposits were not refundable. But they were small set deposits, not a percentage of the fare. I recall it was $50 pp in Tourist Class and $100 in First Class.