Are Concierge Cabins worth it on Vista?

Hlitner

A question for you "O" experts although I realize we are talking about a ship that has yet to sail.  Do folks think booking a Concierge Verandah on the Vista worth the extra money.   I should mention that we do not generally use room service.

Hank

I have seen no reason to believe the difference in service and amenities in Concierge and Veranda staterooms, on the Vista, will be any different than those on the rest of the fleet. For those ships, this question has been asked repeatedly. It’s strictly a personal question with no right or wrong.

• Like 2

The difference between an B1 and A4 is about $200.00 pp....for that you have the conceirge which can help you with dinner reservations, tours and flight or hotel info.....you have the lounge for convience and what have you....and a slightly better selection on room choice.....it's like anything in life - do you need anything but air and food....it's not going to break the bank but if you can't afford it.....

Edited by eldaradoe

2 hours ago, eldaradoe said:

The difference between an B1 and A4 is about $200.00 pp....

But the real cost comparison would be B4 to A4. On our next cruise (Riviera 10/30/2023) the difference is $3449 A4 versus $3099 B4. Or $350 pp. If you do B1 to A1 it is $3599 A1 versus $3249 B1. Or $350 pp.

Everyone has a preference. JMHO, I would gladly spend a few hundred extra for the A Concierge stateroom over the B. When booking a $10-20k cruise, what is $350 pp extra if you enjoy the difference? The answer, zip, nada, nothing.  I only wish I could convince my DW that an A1 is the way to go as she much prefers the PH1 so you know how that goes, HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE. Accepting those PH Upgrades can come back and bite one’s wallet but no regrets. 
Enjoy your decision, Mauibabes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

...JMHO, I would gladly spend a few hundred extra for the A Concierge stateroom over the B. When booking a $10-20k cruise, what is $350 pp extra if you enjoy the difference? The answer, zip, nada, nothing....

Our 10-day A4 on Riviera (12/21) was $2099 pp. Our 10-day B2 on Sirena (11/22) was $2399. Cruise only. So that $350 pp would be about 17% of the former and nearly 15% of the latter. That may be zip, nada, nothing to you but a nice chunk of change to buy things on the cruise for us. So I used my "$350" on Sirena to buy rum and a painting, for example. And a nice Citizen's watch while on Riviera.

• Like 1

While all the rooms are the same size (a few have slightly larger balconies), so you have to look at the additional perks of Concierge to determine if the increased price is worth it.

If bookings are for the restaurants, an "A" will have priority over all suites below it.  So, more chance of getting in that evening.

For the larger ships, you have access into the Concierge Lounge where you can get pastries and coffee or tea 24/7 and use of the Concierge when she/he is there (hours are posted).

You also have access to Aquamar Terrace & restricted pool area, to date we have never used it.

Depending on the intensity of ports vs sea days has us looking at Concierge for voyages with lots of sea days, but if port intensive we go for a "B" for longer cruises and an Inside for short 7/8 day cruises.

9 hours ago, GICNJC said:

While all the rooms are the same size (a few have slightly larger balconies), so you have to look at the additional perks of Concierge to determine if the increased price is worth it.

If bookings are for the restaurants, an "A" will have priority over all suites below it.  So, more chance of getting in that evening.

For the larger ships, you have access into the Concierge Lounge where you can get pastries and coffee or tea 24/7 and use of the Concierge when she/he is there (hours are posted).

You also have access to Aquamar Terrace & restricted pool area, to date we have never used it.

Depending on the intensity of ports vs sea days has us looking at Concierge for voyages with lots of sea days, but if port intensive we go for a "B" for longer cruises and an Inside for short 7/8 day cruises.

Don’t forget you also get the 3 bags of laundry. Also as you referred to, you get to book your advance specialty restaurants sooner than everything below you, which is the bulk of the cabins on the ship. To me this is one perk that really sets concierge apart if it’s important when you dine, and whether you prefer to eat alone or share. 

You also get a bottle of bubbly.  

• Like 1

Never  had an issue  getting  a 2 top  for 6:30 pm   we book B cabin & C  on the R ships

But now that  more  pax are new to Oceania it may be a problem as people think the food is like main stream lines & you need to eat in the Specialties  to get good food

We actually prefer the variety in the GDR 

We try to avoid  the mayhem in the Terrace 

JMO

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Carol28 said:

I'm a new to Oceania.  I don't understand A and B. We are in a PH2. Are we A or B? I'm assuming we have a concierge. Is there a lounge for us?

You are neither.  A & B are concierge verandas and standard verandas,  respectively.

You're in a penthouse suite, that's what the PH part of PH2 stands for.

40 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

I'm a new to Oceania.  I don't understand A and B. We are in a PH2. Are we A or B? I'm assuming we have a concierge. Is there a lounge for us?

A Cabins  are Concierge level

B Cabins  are  below the A level with less amenities

PH  is above the A level cabins  more perks  plus  a butler

If you are on one of the larger ship  PH have an Executive lounge  with  a Concierge  on duty certain hours

Have you looked at the deck plans??

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/riviera/deck-plans

• Like 1

Riviera and Marina have an Executive Lounge (Deck 11) for the PHs and a Concierge Lounge (Deck 9) for the A1-A4 Concierge Verandas. They are restricted access, so you have to use your room card to go in (as with the therapy spa pools on both, too). 

On 12/7/2022 at 6:40 AM, Benita said:

All the cabins with the deeper balcony are concierge on Vista and B3 on the Marina/ Riviera. That would make it worth it to me. 

We loved the extra room, but didn't really use the butler enough. Even the butler asked us to use his services more often.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JeffElizabeth said:

We loved the extra room, but didn't really use the butler enough. Even the butler asked us to use his services more often.

??  Concierge  cabins do not have Butlers  

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, thunderbay said:

We have cabin 11042 concierge and wondering if it has the overhang on the balcony others have mentioned on the other Oceania ships. 

Probably

It is  deck 12  that is further out   so it shades the cabins on deck 11  a bit 

Just a guess 

On 12/7/2022 at 2:54 PM, LHT28 said:

Never  had an issue  getting  a 2 top  for 6:30 pm   we book B cabin & C  on the R ships

But now that  more  pax are new to Oceania it may be a problem as people think the food is like main stream lines & you need to eat in the Specialties  to get good food

We actually prefer the variety in the GDR 

We try to avoid  the mayhem in the Terrace 

JMO

6.30 is a late lunch for me😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1