Eggnog?

Sailing on the symphony for Christmas and I know you can bring a bottle of wine in your carry on but can we bring a never opened, closed eggnog bottle? It does have a teeny tiny bit of whisky in it so not sure if they will let me. Just wanted to see if anyone has tried to bring something other than wine that's not a liquor bottle of course? I hate eggnog but this one is really really good and we always drink it on Christmas Day so I really hope we could bring it.

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Eggnog...not really wine.  😉 

Yeah I just thought since you can bring water and soda and wine, maybe eggnog fell into a in-between category? lol I think the alcoholic portion of the eggnog will make it a no-no 😞 

If it's a glass bottle wrap it in bubble wrap and make sure the cap isn't leaking. Wrap it in a thick towel and put it in your checked luggage. Good chance they won't catch it. I'm sure there's so much more than a bottle of eggnog going in checked luggage. I was sent to the naughty room over a case of water one time. lol It's not like they're going to kick you off the ship.

6 hours ago, nolegirl01 said:

Yeah I just thought since you can bring water and soda and wine, maybe eggnog fell into a in-between category? lol I think the alcoholic portion of the eggnog will make it a no-no 😞 

Give it a try, maybe the bag checker will be in the holiday spirit and let it slide. Just don't be too upset if it does get confiscated. 

Edited by HBE4

I'm not a nutritionist or anything like it.  And I know that many people have gotten away with many things that are by written policy, prohibited.  However, I think (again, I'm not an expert on this) eggnog falls into the fresh food category.  Which we know that fresh food isn't allowed to be brough onboard, I would think especially egg products.  Many dry packaged foods like cookies, snack cakes, et al are allowed.  

Having said all that, I love very thick eggnog.  When I was a kid growing up in South Florida there was a drive thru type of convenience store called "Farm Stores".  Man they had the best eggnog, you could almost stand a spoon up in it.  They had great thick Buttermilk, too.

• Like 1

Give it a shot. The worst that can happen is they confiscate it.

Please be sure to come back to this thread after your trip and post what happened. It will be useful information for the next person who is wondering the same thing.