Freedom vs Liberty

cusematt4

Hi all - I am debating a 3 night cruise to the same Bahamas ports on the Freedom vs Liberty.

We have been on both years ago before any amplifications.  Does anyone have a preference of either ships?  Are there any differences in updates?

Does Liberty have a Broadway show vs none on Freedom?  What other differences are there?

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, cusematt4 said:

Hi all - I am debating a 3 night cruise to the same Bahamas ports on the Freedom vs Liberty.

We have been on both years ago before any amplifications.  Does anyone have a preference of either ships?  Are there any differences in updates?

Does Liberty have a Broadway show vs none on Freedom?  What other differences are there?

Thank you.

Unless you are going on the Liberty after its next dry dock, I would go with Freedom.  Liberty missed its dry dock for the newest amplification and it showing its age.  It doesn't have Playmakers currently also.  It does have the Tidal Wave slide though which might be the best water slide at sea.  

Edited by Liljo22

I live in Florida and have no plans to cruise on Liberty until if/when she gets amped again. Freedom is a much nicer ship right now as others have commented in this thread. However, despite my personal preference, I am positive you would still have a good cruise if you sailed on Liberty. 

15 hours ago, SG65CB said:

To answer your second question, while most Freedom class ships do not have a Broadway show, Liberty does have Saturday Night Fever.

Most Freedom class ships do have a Broadway show. Freedom, is the only one that does not.

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I live in Florida and have no plans to cruise on Liberty until if/when she gets amped again. Freedom is a much nicer ship right now as others have commented in this thread. However, despite my personal preference, I am positive you would still have a good cruise if you sailed on Liberty. 

I enjoyed Liberty more than Freedom. Probably had something to do with me saving 30 minutes or more of driving on each end by not having to drive into/through the Miami area. Some trade offs are worth it. LOL. (I did miss Playmakers and the Lime & Coconut)

43 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Most Freedom class ships do have a Broadway show. Freedom, is the only one that does not.

I enjoyed Liberty more than Freedom. Probably had something to do with me saving 30 minutes or more of driving on each end by not having to drive into/through the Miami area. Some trade offs are worth it. LOL. (I did miss Playmakers and the Lime & Coconut)

Which show is on Indy? Saturday Night Fever would not be a draw for me. I never liked disco music.