For those recently off Navigator

cidymom

Hi there.  My family will be on Navigator in a couple of weeks and I wondered if there were people and RCI staff still wearing masks.  Does RCI encourage mask wearing in crowded indoor spaces?  There were masks in my stateroom when I cruised HAL in August and I just wondered what protocols are in place now with the lifting of most restrictions.  I still plan to wear a mask in places where it is crowded.  Thanks for any input.

I was off the Navi in May of this year.  About 10% of us were wearing masks.  On the Jewel, Vision, Allure, and Enchantment since then, and now on the Liberty.

I found the older passengers are more cautious, and more of them wear masks.  I do, also.  Right now I think I am the only passenger wearing a mask, along with some crew. Most of the passengers are 20-50 with a lot of children and teens.

Just make yourself comfortable, and do what works for you.  For instance, when this cruise is over I fly to DTW to see my son and family for 7 days.  Right now they are ALL four sick with the flu, with Mama recuperating quickly, and my son barfing all day long today.  They are wearing masks in the house, and I am now spending the first 3 days in a hotel.  It's my son's birthday next Wednesday, and they are "expected" to be better.  I'm wearing a mask on the ship as usual, but now want to make sure I don't take and "extra" to them........

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

Just off the Navigator last Monday.  Exactly what Smokeybandit said...some crew members were wearing masks and some passengers were wearing masks...wearing mask is now optional. Note: We politely ask a couple of crew members why they were wearing a mask.  They said they just came onboard and they are required to wear the mask for a few days upon boarding the ship.

FYI...Los Angeles is talking about a mask mandate again end of December if our numbers continue to rise based on data. This may impact your cruise out of San Pedro more than likely if we do....so keep checking and have masks with you just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Navigator the first week of December. Some passengers were wearing masks as were some crew members, especially in the Windjammer. We had the dinner package so don't know about the dinning room. Enjoy your cruise we loved this ship. 

On 12/10/2022 at 5:49 PM, Ashland said:

FYI...Los Angeles is talking about a mask mandate again end of December if our numbers continue to rise based on data. This may impact your cruise out of San Pedro more than likely if we do....so keep checking and have masks with you just in case.

That won't be until January if it comes at all. The numbers always spike during the holidays and into the new year and then begin steep declines around Jan 15 or so. It's the same every year. This year we also have flu and RSV going around. All this crap pretty much ruined my Christmas (first Christmas not seeing family) this year as I'm stuck at home with covid and lots of other family is sick with flu or regular colds as well. One thing I can say is covid isn't a cold, it kicked my butt the first day. I don't think LA will reinstate but be careful out there anyway. 

Edited by cruisingguy007

2 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

That won't be until January if it comes at all. The numbers always spike during the holidays and into the new year and then begin steep declines around Jan 15 or so. It's the same every year. This year we also have flu and RSV going around. All this crap pretty much ruined my Christmas (first Christmas not seeing family) this year as I'm stuck at home with covid and lots of other family is sick with flu or regular colds as well. One thing I can say is covid isn't a cold, it kicked my butt the first day. I don't think LA will reinstate but be careful out there anyway. 

We'll see. We're cruising on Navigator mid January. 

Hope you feel better soon !!

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

We'll see. We're cruising on Navigator mid January. 

Hope you feel better soon !!

Hey, thanks! The Paxlovid helped and I'm already feeling much better. The upside is that I have a cruise towards the end of January and will be fully recovered and should have some antibodies built up so I'll be a bit more relaxed and will probably hit up the shows and comedy club now and not avoid them like I usually do. There is always a silver lining. Hope your cruise goes well also.  

• Like 1