Anyone on Onward - Dec 2022

retiredtman

9 minutes ago, Belfastman said:

I have just seen a photo on Twitter of Eric in Christmas gear on Onward with Tony so I reckon he is back.

No he is not that photo was taken on 1 december and he left the next day.  We were onboard when all these photos were being taken - there is no spontaneity in them - marketing were managing it and it took some time!!!

7 hours ago, jeffnjoyce said:

We are going to be on the Onward Jan 27 to Feb 28, 2023, and have a lot of OBC.  I was wondering if the shops onboard sell a Go Pro camera (and the specific model number if available).   Appreciate any info on this.  Thanks...

The photography shop might

On 12/28/2022 at 11:27 AM, jeffnjoyce said:

We are going to be on the Onward Jan 27 to Feb 28, 2023, and have a lot of OBC.  I was wondering if the shops onboard sell a Go Pro camera (and the specific model number if available).   Appreciate any info on this.  Thanks...

Just got off the Onward. Shops are the worst I have ever seen. Men's shirts from $89 to $199. Joanie saw a watch for $240 which she found locally for under $100.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 8:34 AM, marinaro44 said:

Latest word is Eric is staying with parents for the holidays and will return after his already planned vacation, sometime in March.

We were with him on the Journey in 2019 and were really hoping to see him again. He's so much fun.

On 1/5/2023 at 1:12 PM, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Just got off the Onward. Shops are the worst I have ever seen. Men's shirts from $89 to $199. Joanie saw a watch for $240 which she found locally for under $100.

I always find Azamara shops disappointing. Even the branded souvenir selections are limited.

54 minutes ago, CMATraveller said:

I always find Azamara shops disappointing. Even the branded souvenir selections are limited.

I would go as far to say none of the shops on any cruise is worth my time or money. That’s my opinion but we are not shoppers.

Now I will make one comment about Onward; this Star Link Wi Fi is the fastest internet I have ever experienced at sea, which should make on-line shopping a breeze!😁

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

I would go as far to say none of the shops on any cruise is worth my time or money. That’s my opinion but we are not shoppers.

Now I will make one comment about Onward; this Star Link Wi Fi is the fastest internet I have ever experienced at sea, which should make on-line shopping a breeze!😁

If only Amazon drones could deliver to the ship!  🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

Speaking of internet service.....  I will be onboard the Onward on January 17th and would like to know what is the procedure for setting up our devices once on the ship.  I have OBC that I would like to use for that purpose.  Are there instructions in the staterooms or is there a specific person or department to visit?  Thanks!

19 minutes ago, kcl491 said:

Speaking of internet service.....  I will be onboard the Onward on January 17th and would like to know what is the procedure for setting up our devices once on the ship.  I have OBC that I would like to use for that purpose.  Are there instructions in the staterooms or is there a specific person or department to visit?  Thanks!

Yes, there are instructions provided.  It is really very easy.  Follow the instructions and sign on, then select your plan.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kcl491 said:

Go to Guest Services and they will help you with this 

20 hours ago, aliaschief said:

We have gotten many bargains on other ships, especially cosmetics.

So what happened to the chairs the deputising HD was telling us all about in December and long convoluted stories about Chinese containers.  Very disappointing as the balcony chairs are awful.  I did not make negative comment about them in my survey because I believed the Shanghai Container yarn and cut them some slack

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They weren’t there for our 12/12 cruise.  They were supposed to be there for the Christmas cruise and that didn’t happen.  Then people on Onward were told by the HM they would be loaded on 1/5 cruise and then that didn’t happen.  
Very disappointing.  And now this?!

And while we are on the subject, we had a hard time finding comfortable chairs in LV and mosaic cafe on Onward.  I mentioned that on mid cruise comment comment and had no response to my long comments.  And yes, it went on my post cruise survey and we did cancel a future booking on Onward for that very reason.

• Like 2