Pride dry dock wishlist

JimmyTheSaint

TA got off the phone with Carnival and they are swearing the cruise is still going forward. They are saying the ship is at "number of people" capacity so they can offer room upgrades even if all the rooms are not filled.  That explains that, but that still doesn't explain why  the cruise isn't showing up on any of the ports of call schedules. And it isn't like it is just ONE port it isn't appearing on...

• Like 1

I decided to go up the food chain for some answers.  First I emailed arlenebrown@carnival.com.  She is head of customer service.  If I don't hear anything back I will email Christine Duffy at cduffy@carnival.com.  She is president.  Maybe others want to email too.

• Like 2

Another thing I thought about: I was looking at the Jubilee TA about a month or two ago. The Jubilee sailing was off the website. I called and they said it was sold out.  No way was that ship (with a 5,000+ capacity) on an 18-day TA to Galveston with a dozen sea days sold out a year in advance. I don't buy it. Celebration TA wasn't even sold out at the time and they were offering almost free cruises.  Sure enough, they canceled the Jubilee TA. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

I decided to go up the food chain for some answers.  First I emailed arlenebrown@carnival.com.  She is head of customer service.  If I don't hear anything back I will email Christine Duffy at cduffy@carnival.com.  She is president.  Maybe others want to email too.

Great idea!  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

This is fantastic. The more of us shake the tree, the more likely we get some news. The sooner the better. Let us know if you hear anything, I'll do the same. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The conspiracy theorists won't like it, but the cruise was sold out as far as Carnival was concerned. Cabins were still being held by travel agents who were advertising last month they still had some cabins available at the original price.

Okay.  But why is this cruise NOT LISTED ON ANY CRUISE PORT SCHEDULES??????  (Yes, I'm shouting because I'm frustrated, not at you LOL.)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The conspiracy theorists won't like it, but the cruise was sold out as far as Carnival was concerned. Cabins were still being held by travel agents who were advertising last month they still had some cabins available at the original price.

I hope you are correct.  However, why is the Pride not showing up on the port schedules for this sailing?  When the Venezia is showing in some of those same ports a day later and the Pride is showing up on port schedules for later sailings?

I got good news on my flights!  British airways said if I do have to cancel, I get all of my money and miles back minus a small fee...like $80 per person so $320 total.  That's minor compared to the cost and miles we spent.  They said I simply have to cancel 24 hours in advance.  Obviously, I am not canceling the tix now, but relieved they are so flexible and I won't be out much money *IF* it does cancel.  My husband is still off that time, though, so we will be taking some sort of vacation somewhere even if it cancels...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Okay.  But why is this cruise NOT LISTED ON ANY CRUISE PORT SCHEDULES??????  (Yes, I'm shouting because I'm frustrated, not at you LOL.)

2 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I hope you are correct.  However, why is the Pride not showing up on the port schedules for this sailing?  When the Venezia is showing in some of those same ports a day later and the Pride is showing up on port schedules for later sailings?

My bad. I was thinking about Jubilee and not Pride. But on Pride, at least one website still lists the May 28th sailing with limited cabin availability.

Should Carnival cancel a cruise, they will typically reimburse for any non-refundable expenses, including airfare.

On port schedules, are those official port schedules or third party sites?

14 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

My bad. I was thinking about Jubilee and not Pride. But on Pride, at least one website still lists the May 28th sailing with limited cabin availability.

Should Carnival cancel a cruise, they will typically reimburse for any non-refundable expenses, including airfare.

On port schedules, are those official port schedules or third party sites?

Off to try to find the official port schedule...  

13 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Was searching some other 3rd party port schedules and found this.  Maybe there is hope.

image.thumb.png.e3e5e20b9e35d7afeed23a87dd7464b5.png

CruiseDig is the one site where Pride has always shown up! Not sure why or how, but it doesn't show up on Mapper or many of the other ones. Best bet is to try and find the actual official port sites, but as said above, they aren't all available. 

Just now, BlerkOne said:

Third party sites typically just publish what they find on the cruise line websites and not on port websites.

Aaah! So everything actually may be okay, then. It may be that because the cruise is no longer showing up on Carnival's website, the third party websites have removed it from their schedule assuming that it is cancelled...even though that may not be the case.  And the "official" port websites appear to only publish their schedules about 2-3 months out. 

12 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Darn it. The "official" Port of Barcelona port schedule is still blank for May 2023.  

I hope you're looking at this website. When sailing this past summer I didn't realize there were two!!! different Barcelona cruise port websites. The OTHER website didn't show the port schedule for the Helix Terminal, which is what Carnival Corp.uses since they actually built it. It got me very confused!

https://www.barcelonacruiseterminal.com/home

6 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I hope you're looking at this website. When sailing this past summer I didn't realize there were two!!! different Barcelona cruise port websites. The OTHER website didn't show the port schedule for the Helix Terminal, which is what Carnival Corp.uses since they actually built it. It got me very confused!

That's the one I'm looking at - they don't have anything loaded in their schedule past NYE

13 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

No, I was not looking at that website. Thanks for posting. 

Now this website adds even more mystery because the Pride is on that website departing on the 29th when it is supposed to depart on the 28th (right? I am now so confused I don't even know anymore), but the Venezia isn't on it at all...and the Venezia is supposed to depart on the 29th.  What the heck?

I give up.

Edit: Oh never mind. I was looking at 2022.  No one listen to anything I say.  I can't tell my head from my **s today.  

Edited by Eli_6

1 minute ago, Eli_6 said:

No, I was not looking at that website. Thanks for posting. 

Now this website adds even more mystery because the Pride is on that website departing on the 29th when it is supposed to depart on the 28th (right? I am now so confused I don't even know anymore), but the Venezia isn't on it at all...and the Venezia is supposed to depart on the 29th.  What the heck?

I give up  

It is possible for a cruise line to put one ship on a port schedule as a place holder for a different ship.

So here's my take. IF Carnival needs to cancel the sailing at a late date, TONS of folks are going to have non-refundable airfare. It makes zero business sense to not cover required airline cancelation expenses simply because of the absolute horrible publicity that would follow. I think Blerk was correct when he indicated that they had previously stepped up, as necessary.