Canceled Cruise Invoice?

We were scheduled to go on the December 4, 2022 Wonder of the Seas but on December 1, 2022 I canceled because my father was dying (he died the next day)   It took awhile of back and forth on the phone on December 1 with the agent but finally he said I was canceled.  I asked to have an email sent to me confirming the the cancelation so I can submit it to my insurance for reimbursement.  He said he sent me an updated booking invoice which I didn't have a chance to actually look at until this weekend given all that went on with my father dying and planning his funeral.

The invoice sent to me on December 1 is just a copy of my booking invoice from June.  It doesn't show a cancelation.  So, I called RCCL today and they are telling me they don't send a cancelation invoice-all they can send is my September invoice but that shows what I booked, not that I canceled.  

I certainly can't be the first person to cancel a cruise due to a death in the family.  Has anyone unfortunately dealt with this and successfully received an email from RCCL confirming you canceled your cruise?

After all, RCCL sends me a cancelation email when I cancel the drink package, or an excursion, or the internet, or a specialty restaurant.  Why can they not send me an email canceling the actual cruise?

Thanks so much for you advice

Elise

30 minutes ago, SoccerMom#3 said:

We were scheduled to go on the December 4, 2022 Wonder of the Seas but on December 1, 2022 I canceled because my father was dying (he died the next day)   It took awhile of back and forth on the phone on December 1 with the agent but finally he said I was canceled.  I asked to have an email sent to me confirming the the cancelation so I can submit it to my insurance for reimbursement.  He said he sent me an updated booking invoice which I didn't have a chance to actually look at until this weekend given all that went on with my father dying and planning his funeral.

The invoice sent to me on December 1 is just a copy of my booking invoice from June.  It doesn't show a cancelation.  So, I called RCCL today and they are telling me they don't send a cancelation invoice-all they can send is my September invoice but that shows what I booked, not that I canceled.  

I certainly can't be the first person to cancel a cruise due to a death in the family.  Has anyone unfortunately dealt with this and successfully received an email from RCCL confirming you canceled your cruise?

After all, RCCL sends me a cancelation email when I cancel the drink package, or an excursion, or the internet, or a specialty restaurant.  Why can they not send me an email canceling the actual cruise?

Thanks so much for you advice

Elise

I am sorry for your loss.  I have never had them send me a cancellation email when I have cancelled a cruise.  I had purchased insurance from the cruise line when I booked though, so when I called insurance, they could see I had cancelled.  I didn't have to provide anything proving the cancellation but had to provide documentation for the reason why.

• Like 2

Call them again.  They sent me one when we canceled, and it had the cancellation number, the date canceled, and the phase , along with the total amount of cancellation charges.  

That is the figure insurance will need. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Call them again.  They sent me one when we canceled, and it had the cancellation number, the date canceled, and the phase , along with the total amount of cancellation charges.  

That is the figure insurance will need. 

Good idea to call them again.  It seems that a cancellation number is reasonable to request

I cancelled due to my wife being treated for late stage cancer. Other than cancellation number I didn't receive any documentation. I ended up calling C&A, explained that I needed a document that the cruise was cancelled and showing the cancellation charges. Resolutions ended up writing a letter and emailing it to me.

Cancellation.png

Edited by WeatherFx
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, WeatherFx said:

I cancelled due to my wife being treated for late stage cancer. Other than cancellation number I didn't receive any documentation. I ended up calling C&A, explained that I needed a document that the cruise was cancelled and showing the cancellation charges. Resolutions ended up writing a letter and emailing it to me.

Cancellation.png

That is exactly like what we got, except we were in the 75% phase. 

• Like 1