Regal Princess dining and show time.

GOLDENBONNY

Trying to figure out all this dining timing , app gives me two options Concerto or Allegro restaurants. Are they serve same food ? Which one is better option with less people ? also if we don't book now ,how bad are the lines for walk ins? all this raised other question what time  shows are? 

Edited by GOLDENBONNY

• GOLDENBONNY changed the title to Regal Princess dining and show time.
1 hour ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

Trying to figure out all this dining timing , app gives me two options Concerto or Allegro restaurants. Are they serve same food ? Which one is better option with less people ? also if we don't book now ,how bad are the lines for walk ins? all this raised other question what time  shows are? 

All THREE restaurants have the same menu.  The third restaurant (Symphony on Deck 5 Mid-Ship) is also in operation.  That restaurant has the Club Class section, but the rest of the space there can handle walk-ups or same-day bookings.

Show times can vary from ship-to-ship and even in what area of world are travelling.  Generally, 7:30 and 9:30 I found in October.  

If you choose dining times up to 5:40pm, you can make the early show as long as not dining at a large table.  If you dine late, a show that begins at 7:30pm should end by 8:15pm.

There is lots of other entertainment besides the main theater shows and those occur at various times.  

Although MC App DMW allowed bookings as early as 5:00pm, the DR's didn't really open until 5:30pm when Regal was in Europe.  I didn't go there, but I think someone who really wanted 5pm, could go to Allegro then.  Generally, the port times weren't suited to a 5pm dinner start. 

Things can be different in different sectors of the world, so difficult to say unless you get a chance to see something as to what is happening around the time and region you are sailing in.

Edited by Steelers36

The earlier you arrive at any of the dining room the less the wait will be to get seated. If you wait until 6:30 or 7 PM, be prepared to have a wait, with or without reservations.

We were on the Regal  Oct - Dec.  Had the same table each night (between 5:30 - 6:00)  in the Concerto DR.  If we wanted to see the show at 7;30, we would be at Concerto by 5:30.  People were already seated and dining at that time.  We were always through eating by 7;00 or earlier and had no problem with finding seating in the theater.

2 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

We were on the Regal  Oct - Dec.  Had the same table each night (between 5:30 - 6:00)  in the Concerto DR.  If we wanted to see the show at 7;30, we would be at Concerto by 5:30.  People were already seated and dining at that time.  We were always through eating by 7;00 or earlier and had no problem with finding seating in the theater.

I suppose the dining time has a lot to do with how much and how fast you eat. My wife is a very slow eater. 

1 minute ago, 555 said:

I suppose the dining time has a lot to do with how much and how fast you eat. My wife is a very slow eater. 

Unless people eat 2 or 3 items from each starter/salad/main etc,, would think 1 1/2 hours would be plenty of time to finish.  I'm a slow eater too.

• Haha 1

Show times might have been a bit differnt on those cruises mentioned.

As mentioned, this can be adjusted, based on the sailing itinerary/destination, an even the ships Entertainment Director.   I am think that in the Caribbean, the showtimes are sometimes a bit later.

Yes, you can have a wait at peak times.  Fot them it is best to have a reservation.

I would venture a guess that the Allegro dining room will be less bookes, based on that location.

the other two dining rooms are right off the Piazza, and there is not direct access to Allegro from the Piazza.  It requires stairs or elevator to get to that Aft dining room entrance.

On one cruise, anytime dinng was really lined up.  They were actually funnelling anybody who would agree to make the walk to Allegro.  We did, and it was half empty.