The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday December 13th, 2022

richwmn

Today is a busy day, with three ships in port, Westerdam, Seabourn Odyssey and Le Soleal. It's a lovely suuny day, temperature 23 C.

Also today,there are two University Graduation  ceremonies in the city.

Yesterday our electricity was turned  off for the day, to allow a new pole to be installed.  Again we were not notified that electricity would be turned off.

Now i will go and  read all the posts.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good evening after a busier day than expected.  DH had a good visit with our PCP, but nothing newsworthy.  It was just a routine followup after his discharge from rehab.  Tomorrow, he has an x-ray of his back scheduled to check the bone growth after his surgeries.  This is for his visit with the surgeon next Tuesday.

This afternoon was spent doing various repairs in the motorhome and house.  I'm getting better at tackling some repairs.  Of course, I've had a good teacher over the last 55 years.

6 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

We are having some cool, but fairly nice weather here.  No rain or snow forecasted for a week.  I have medical appointments for the next three days and will take Jacqui's @kazu advice and let Sara do the driving.

We lived in the Philippines from 1973 to 1976 at the Naval Air Station Cubi Point where I was the ground electronics officer.  This was when the Vietnam war wound down the Navy base there and at Subic Bay was receiving and processing refugees and sending them onward to Guam and the U.S.  Many of the first refugees were Chinese and Sara volunteered to help as an interpreter at the refugee center on Grande Island.  Saw some interesting things like a single seat fighter plane arrive from Vietnam with the pilot, his wife and three children aboard.  Prior to that time our ship stopped many times at Subic Bay.  Once we chartered a bus to visit the San Miguel Brewery in Manila.  We lined up to see if we could drink the beer as fast as they made it.  We could, for maybe 20 seconds.

We stopped in Manila in 2018 on the Coral Princess.  I will see if I can post a couple of pictures:P1010011.thumb.JPG.497d504d9b93a00515892847ec668e87.JPGP1010007.thumb.JPG.e8522dee6acd24b21490f64900fba330.JPG

That was a great cruise with a great itinerary.  Too bad we didn't meet then.

4 hours ago, NextOne said:

Greetings Daily-ites! As always, thank you to all those who make this such a warm & welcoming spot, particularly Rich & Roy!

Bon voyage to those who are lucky to be heading off to cruises! Jacqui @kazu I hope your travels go smoothly tomorrow. And Happy Anniversary to @Sharon in AZ Sharon & Craig!

For the very first time, I had to cancel a cruise -- a B2B on NCL's Pride of America. Oh well. I filed the paperwork over the weekend, so we'll see how long the process takes & how much they agree to refund. The cruise was for next Feb., so cancellation came after final payment. The cardiologist was kind enough to fill out the required physician's statement, so I hope that will be sufficient,

I had my second cataract surgery last week, and both eyes are remarkably improved! Of course, the drops will continue for a few months, but I can deal with that!

I met with the PA at the cardiology practice last week & he upped the dosage of the AFib med to slow the heart rate, Still too fast for his liking. Hope this works! They are still waiting for the results of the "heart structure committee" review of the echocardiogram to determine the next steps. I learned something new -- what I call "a leaky heart valve" is more formally called "mitral regurgitation." Sounds much more impressive!

The best thing to happen over the weekend was that all the boxes with late DH's model train collection was moved to a storage unit, so I have my living room back! The Christmas tree goes up next weekend! I was starting to think I was going to have to settle for a tree-shaped pile of boxes with a star on top!!

Edi, I'm sorry you had to cancel your cruise.  There will be other cruises in your future once your medicine is properly adjusted.

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

If I am able to be medically  cleared, I will have hip replacement  surgery  on  12/19.I am so relieved to have the process set in motion.Just wanted to let you  know .Thanks everyone. 

Terry, it's not often one can cheer a surgery date, but in this case a quick date is to be celebrated.  I hope you are medically cleared and have good outcome with a quick recovery.

@kazu  Sending positive thoughts that you can make your flights tomorrow and have safe, and uneventful travels.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

If I am able to be medically  cleared, I will have hip replacement  surgery  on  12/19.I am so relieved to have the process set in motion.Just wanted to let you  know .Thanks everyone. 

Sending you my best wishes that your op goes ahead Terry and it is very successful.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Wednesday Evening from the Noordam

Lots going on with your Daily. Trying to keep up , I don’t always post but try to read. 
    @kazu  wishing you the best trip ever. Hope everything goes smoothly. 
     @Sharon in AZa very Happy Anniversary to you!

@smitty34877best of luck with your surgery snd s quick and uneventful recovery

We were supppse to be in Hobart tomorrow but the schedule was changed yet again. We are now headed to Eden. I was disappointed to say the least but no complaining. I am on a beautiful ship with great staff and having a great time!

We will be back in Sydney on Saturday and then we head to New Zealand for 16 days. 
    The ship is decorated for Christmas . We made reservations for  Christmas Eve in the Canaleto. They are having a special menu. 

Stay safe and enjoy today  

Charlene 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

You gotta love hot cocoa, we've been to beautiful St. Lucia a few times but why is there a national holiday for the island. 

Interesting quote by Poe and I'm sure most of us have experienced love like that.

The meal sounds good.

We are not happy with HAL right now, I was paying some bills last night and my credit card statement had a charge for 120 dollars from HAL that was posted after we left the ship Sunday morning, after a so-so cruise this is something I don't need as I'm going to spend some time on the phone today with HAL trying to find out what the charge was for.

Thanks for the Daily, everyone stay well and have a great day

Sorry about your charges from HAL. Currently on NS and have made four trips to Customer Service for wrong charges, the latest, charged $140 for shore excursions that were included in my cruise package. It always a battle against truth, Justice and the America way; oh I got sidetracked; against HAL accounting. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Sorry about your charges from HAL. Currently on NS and have made four trips to Customer Service for wrong charges, the latest, charged $140 for shore excursions that were included in my cruise package. It always a battle against truth, Justice and the America way; oh I got sidetracked; against HAL accounting. 

Last week we woke up one morning and our account showed my DW and I with 130 dollars each with additional onboard credits, being the honest guy I am, I headed down to Guest Relations and asked why we received these credits, after 10 minutes and a few calls they were able to conclude that it was an accounting error and we lost the credits. I'm sure that 120 dollar charge we incurred after leaving the ship was an error also. I wasn't able to talk to a live person yesterday so this is still in limbo. I'm calling our PCC later on today after golf. 

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Not sure what time @kazu flight but there is a flight enroute there just 19 minutes out.  If she's on the first flight out it should be a go.

Roy

Not on that flight Roy, thanks

I’m on the flight leaving shortly after noon 🤞 

Looks like the winds have stopped here and won’t pick up until after I am gone 🤞 

Thanks all for the good wishes.  Off to finish off the house and do my mobile passport customs thing for the U.S.. BBL with luck in between layovers.  🤞 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

How wonderful, Terry! Praying that you are cleared for surgery. 

There is light at the end of the tunnel, and it is NOT a train!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1