Purchased Princess Plus, under the old price, will the new pricing scheme be honored?

kilili

2 hours ago, bafinegan said:

Appears that the price increases for drinks will be grandfathered into the new price if you have already purchased the packages under the old prices.

Screenshot 2022-12-15 063101.png

Screenshot 2022-12-15 063141.png2.png

Screenshot 2022-12-15 063312.png3.png

The UK faq reflects this as well. My reading is that if you do not upgrade,  you will get drinks up to $15 each, but you will miss out on desserts and fitness classes. 

1. I've already purchased Princess Plus or Princess Premier with my cruise fare. What is changing and do I need to update my booking? We’re adding some great features to both! Princess Plus with now include premium desserts & fitness classes, while Princess Premier will offer all these as well as reserved theatre seating and a Medallion accessory. But you can keep your original package at its original price if you prefer; you just won’t enjoy these new components.

• Like 2

Just on a related matter, I see that from February next year,  you will be able to buy the packages on board.

1. Can I purchase Princess Plus or Princess Premier when I’m on board?
    Yes. Princess Plus and Princess Premier will be available to purchase onboard beginning with voyages sailing 1/2/2023 and beyond.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kilili said:

Actually I disagree.  When I purchased the package I first researched which drinks would be included with that I paid.  Based on what I was entitled to with my package I made the decision.  If they do not adjust, I will not be able to enjoy many drinks previously included.  So they would be downgrading my purchase.

I feel it’s a little like purchasing a restaurant gift card, looking at the restaurant menu online, going a month later and expecting the prices to be the same.  
I hope they do adjust it for everyone, but I wouldn’t count on it, since everyone had the opportunity to upgrade.
Your cruise will still be great.

We don’t bother purchasing our fare with the packages, we just pay as we go, take advantage of the discount on wifi and pay the gratuities… another increase, but one I’m happy to pay. I just wish Princess would announce that they also have increased the crew pay to go along with the one we are giving them.. but that’s for another post. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kilili said:

Actually I disagree.  When I purchased the package I first researched which drinks would be included with that I paid.  Based on what I was entitled to with my package I made the decision.  If they do not adjust, I will not be able to enjoy many drinks previously included.  So they would be downgrading my purchase.

My suggestion is to cancel it. Then you have less worry that you are being ripped off.

No one can give you assurance non what drinks will be $12 & under, which is what you paid for.

of course you can keep the package & spend time on-board challenging them.

or you can upgrade your package now.

I do see your point- there is no answer from us yet and those answering Princess phones give varying answers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dog said:

My suggestion is to cancel it. Then you have less worry that you are being ripped off.

No one can give you assurance non what drinks will be $12 & under, which is what you paid for.

of course you can keep the package & spend time on-board challenging them.

or you can upgrade your package now.

I do see your point- there is no answer from us yet and those answering Princess phones give varying answers.

Actually Wowzz and myself provided screen shots that answer this question.  Posts #22 and #26 🙂

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

You are entitled to drinks $15 and under, as mentioned in above posts !

6 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

Actually Wowzz and myself provided screen shots that answer this question.  Posts #22 and #26 🙂

Is this information from the UK website?

can you confirm it is for those booking from other countries?  

5 hours ago, bafinegan said:

I dont think thats true.  When I log into Princess and check on my cruise, it states under the Premier package that we pre-purchased "drinks up to $20".  The prev limit was $18 I believe.  It does state that the :old" package would not include reservations for the shows, the work out sessions, or the "premium" desserts.  Which is fine because I could care less about that stuff.

Well, let’s hope YOU are right!

4 minutes ago, dog said:

Is this information from the UK website?

can you confirm it is for those booking from other countries?  

I'm in Canada and I have Plus for a Sep 2023 sailing booked a few months back.  In Cruise Personalizer I see that I'm entitled to $15/day now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Yowman said:

I'm in Canada and I have Plus for a Sep 2023 sailing booked a few months back.  In Cruise Personalizer I see that I'm entitled to $15/day now.

Thank you!!!

Does it show you paid $50? And is this in the Travel Summary?

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, dog said:

Thank you!!!

Does it show you paid $50? And is this in the Travel Summary?

I see this in "Payments section".  I click on the green "Upgrade Now" button.  I see nothing about "50".

Edit:

Digging further into my reservation I did come across "Plus Beverage Package - 50" as my Package Type.  

Edited by Yowman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Your cruise will still be great.

We don’t bother purchasing our fare with the packages,

You can't make that assumption about someone else still having a great cruise.  You don't deal with the packages since it's clear you don't imbibe while on vacation.  For those that do, their cruise will only be great if they get what they paid for when they made their reservation.  My DH and I rarely drink except when we are on vacation and if we can get a package rolled in on a cruise on Princess, Celebrity, NCL or MSC we will.  

I will fully expect to have our plus package on our 14 days in Alaska next year to cover the newly upgraded 15.00 limit without the new inclusions.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

I will fully expect to have our plus package on our 14 days in Alaska next year to cover the newly upgraded 15.00 limit without the new inclusions.

Which is my expectation as well, and appears to be the case. 

• Like 2

I checked my cruise.  I only paid $40 for my Plus package.  It clear reflects the drinks up the $15, WIFI (that increased in cost), and crew appreciation (that has also gone up in costs) are in my current Plus package.  The New items are not included, which will not be implemented until 2/20 anyway are not included.

I am amazed that so many people think that they will be shafted with the drink packages, will have have to pay more for wifi, and/or more for crew appreciation.  Leaves me wondering what Princess has ever done to them to create such a lack of common sense/trust. 

I am not concerned at all.

The pessimistic will be pleasantly surprised.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, wendellman said:

We booked a cruise for April/23 under the old Princess Plus. Our cruise personalizer now describes our Princess Plus package as follows. Clearly excludes only new items and I would argue that it now includes the unlimited juice bar.

We purchased the Princess Plus Package. Where in the CP does it show the PPP? 

On my DESKTOP, I log into Princess. Then:

• Navigate to My Account > Upcoming Cruises
  • Click Manage My Booking (for the appropriate sailing if you have > 1)
  • Click Onboard Services
  • Scroll down until you see what you purchased.

For me, this is what it shows

image.png.6bfd16b7a2c8e40e4bf591fa149c4cfc.png

• Thanks 4

Hasn't been quite that long for us, but still about 5 years. I hope the experience is still enjoyable. I'm going with friends as well as DW so as long as the food isn't bad and the booze isn't watered down, we'll enjoy ourselves. Some card games, some puzzles, some reading... and not having to worry about shopping, cooking, cleaning, work, etc. will mean a nice vacation. 🤞

• Like 2

This is interesting - we booked in 2021 for our Feb 2023 cruise.  At the time, there were no Princess Plus or Princess Premier.  Instead, we had a promotional price that covered fare, wifi, gratuities, and what they then called the "premier beverage package."  When they came out with PPlus, they changed our drink package to the Plus package.  No notice, just saw it that way in the planner.  Had my TA call and confirm that we were not getting the premier beverages anymore. Princess claimed it was a renaming, not a downgrade.   Now when I look at onboard purchases, it shows "Plus Beverage Package including service charges" as a complimentary gift.  No mention of old or new, and no 50 notation.  I will be curious to see what actually is covered at this point.  

47 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

This.  It is very clear that for the price you paid, you get EVERYTHING that does not have the word "NEW" next to it.  Couldn't be more clear.

True, now people are seeing their Travel Summary Updated to show this.

11 minutes ago, dog said:

True, now people are seeing their Travel Summary Updated to show this.

Princess must have conceded the obvious that it would be a burden on their servers and their top-notch IT department to try to have some passengers on a ship entitled to $12 and under drinks and others entitled to $15 and under drinks. (Not to mention Premier).  If they tried to operate this way, there would be countless arguments with guests who would make all the arguments made here about "entitlement" even if the published information was crystal clear that you get what you paid for and no more.  And then, in the "customer is always right" world, they would probably have to make concessions after all the fighting.  Better to just grandfather the drink price for prior bookings.  This was the outcome that I predicted way back when the new package was first announced.  

• Like 6