12-15-2022 WEIGH IN

Izena

Good morning everyone.   Gather I’m the only one not cruising at this time.  Pray all cruisers are having a spectacular time. 

Holiday season and fall are my worst stressors for various reasons.  Hoping to not gain too much.  

still at the high end of my range.  Still walking  2x day  getting   3.5-6.5 miles a day.  Weather has cooled and great walking.  

JENNY B. welcome .  I’m sure you know the HARDEST  part of losing weight is starting and staying motivated.   Took me 20 years to get serious.  What worked was setting small goals.  Ex- getting below 200,  then 10 lb goals  things that could be achieved.  Initially I thought 170 would be a great end goal when I hit that  kept going thought 150 would be wonderful.   The range I talk about maintaining is 123—128.  I considered months I lost 3 - 5 lbs successful  - weight doesn’t  drop quickly

• Like 1

Thanks for starting again. Yes we're cruising--don't know the dates the others are coming home.

Glad your writing so the ones who come in and just read and I hope it helps them. 

Izena I now Holidays and the food and drink all around is hard. Glad your still in your range and

your doing so good on your walking.

Jenny hope your having a good week. Come in and join Izena.

Hi Izena and Belle..

I'm still at home.  Getting ready for family coming tomorrow.   Everyone at our house Saturday for lunch.  Been baking so we all know how that goes😟.  Will be leaving the baby (18 months old) with us until we take him home on Christmas Eve.  I will be busy until then.  Hope everyone has a good week and a very Merry Christmas!  .....Susan

Susan nice to hear from you.   Hope your get together went well.  I don’t think I could handle a child  for a week.  The dog is enough.

Its cold here.  32 degrees.  I think we’re going to be breaking temperature records.  Usually late January before we have to worry about freezing temps.  Last few years have noticed  first 3 fingers each hand go numb and turn white when cold out side. Have to wear thick mittens.   Last week we hit high 70’s.

Christmas will have TX son and granddaughter,  my friends from dog park who dog sit for me ( they are moving to CA in March).and a friend of my sons -   All coming for Christmas.  

Still struggling with sweets.  

Hey all! I got my new scale and it was a bit eye opening to see more detail than just weight. For example, BMI and Metabolic age. I have spent the last few days focusing on getting in my water, vitamins/minerals and keeping food healthy and staying below my BMR which is 1400cal per day. That means I have to stay BELOW that to lose weight. I have also changed the order of my morning. I now eat a little, take my ALCAR and Osteo BiFlex, then have coffee. It used to be coffee only....😀

Having worked for a long while in the fitness industry, I know what to do. It's just that I need accountability. So this thread, MyFitnessPal, MyZone and the Peloton app are helping to keep me motivated and accountable.