Parking (at Port Everglades) & Embarkation

L-Goose

I've scoured this forum, and have found many recommendations for parking & explanations of the embarkation process.  But I haven't found answers to the following specific questions (I aplogize if I've missed something and/or am posting this question in the wrong place).  I prefer to park at the port (Palm Garage, assuming I'll be leaving from Terminal 26), but am very concerned about the lot filling up (and then having to scramble for alternative parking).

• Has anyone had any experience with this lot being full, and having to park elsewhere?
  • And, related, are there specific times of arrival on embarkation day (Saturday) that would make parking easier or help to ensure parking space availability?
  • Also, I've read that the parking garages officially open at 10:30; but am hoping for someone's actual experiences.

I've looked at the port schedule to see how many ships (& their capacities) are sailing on and immediately prior to my sail dates, but I don't have any sense at all of what percentage of passengers drive & park at the port.

Any insight that can be offered is much appreciated.  Thanks.

27 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Last month we parked at the Palm Garage before embarking on the Nieuw Statendam.  We arrived between 10:30 -11:00 and there was plenty of parking.  We took elevator down and rolled luggage over to porters.  It was very easy.  I hope this helps some.

Thank you.  I appreciate it.

• Like 1

We sailed Thanksgiving week on Royal from PE and parking was a mess .... I've posted about the experience in another thread which I'm sure you can find. I'll just say that I've never seen such a parking mess as this sailing from Miami, Canav' .. even Tampa. Every time I sailed from PE previously I did not park at the port. I won't try again in the future. By noon many parking lots were full and closed and the ground staff was particularly UN helpful in helping you find a lot still open .....

I'm sure the holiday added to the cornfusion but the fact that several terminals in PE have no immediately adjacent parking (or just small surface lots) is poor design and set up for trouble.  For peace of mind you might want to consider https://www.bookparkngo.com/ftlauderdale.php

It is just outside of the port and generally gets good reviews. It might save you a few dollars (and might not as their price is 'dynamic') and they TAKE RESERVATIONS .... actually they virtually require reservations. I would have used them but waited too long to try to book (over 6 weeks out) and there was no room at the Inn

• Like 1

Our car is currently in the Palm Garage (🤞). We arrived for our cruise last Saturday around 11 a.m., parked on Level 4 (there were spaces on Level 3, but farther from the elevators), and could see plenty of open spaces on fhe rooftop level as we ate lunch around 12:30 p.m. That with 6 ships in port.

2 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

We sailed Thanksgiving week on Royal from PE and parking was a mess .... I've posted about the experience in another thread which I'm sure you can find. I'll just say that I've never seen such a parking mess as this sailing from Miami, Canav' .. even Tampa. Every time I sailed from PE previously I did not park at the port. I won't try again in the future. By noon many parking lots were full and closed and the ground staff was particularly UN helpful in helping you find a lot still open .....

Need more details on this one, such as what time was your boarding, sailing; and what time did you arrive at the port.

I don't doubt @Capt_BJ experience but I have to say that it is the first time I've heard of that problem at Port Everglades (our home port for more than a decade) here on Cruise Critic.  I didn't see anything in the local press but that could be because we were very busy that week.

Since we are always anxious to get on board, we plan to arrive around 11 am shortly after all current passengers have disembarked (10:30 - 11:00) when there are ample empty spaces in the garages and on the lots.  We've also arrived as late as 1:30 in the Heron garage and had our pick of convenient spaces but that was last March when our ship was only 66% filled.

For anyone parking at Port Everglades I recommend checking out the official website (www.porteverglades.net) for a port map, ships schedule (including terminal number), arrival and departure guidance, parking guidance, and a description of each terminal facility.

Finally if you are embarking at Terminal 29 the closest parking (Palm Garage) is quite a distance away (and not conducive to walking even not lugging baggage).  A free shuttle is available between the garage and terminal but if I was in that situation I think I would just consider using Park'nGo.

• Like 1