Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

26 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

No

thats why I am here, as someone told me on this thread people were saying they were able to from another thread

I’m just following the rabbit hole to find the rabbit 🐇🤣

Nancy

I like your logic that it is probably not setup up yet for SUN

and if anyone has booked speciality dining for SUN specifically, please chime in

If you read ALL the posts here:

Some of us in a FULL Signature Suite were able to book ❤️ Love SD, but the reservations disappeared.

probably a glitch a couple of weeks ago

Keep checking the app.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

I read back 40 pages and got enough info from those posts 

Thank you 🙏🏻 

But that’s just for inaugural that there is a glitch or SUN in general.

Hope it all gets fixed for you all 

Nancy

Happy New Year Y’all 🍹

I assume ALL Sun. My dates are Oct 14-19/24 & Oct 19th 7 day cruise. Still cannot book Specialty Dining.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nobody on any cruise in any cabin on the Sun Princess are able to book specialty dinning yet.

Right after they announced the Love dinning experience some people were able to book it. But it was a computer glitch as almost the next day they took down that ability and those that had made reservation didn’t have them anymore. 

Keep following this thread because as soon as people are able to again, someone will post it here. 

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We will be on that Oct. US inaugural 5 night...    And we are not worried at all about booking the 'specialty' restaurants.  Especially this early.

I know that they have upgraded the app, and everyone was worried about possible glitches.

But, if this seems to be related to the new Sun Princess..  I hope that doesn't foreshadow more new-ship inaugural glitches, for those sailing soon!!!

I CAN NOT WAIT TO BEGIN SEEING PHOTOS AND FEEDBACK ON THIS NEW SHIP!

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I hope that doesn't foreshadow more new-ship inaugural glitches, for those sailing soon!!!

I CAN NOT WAIT TO BEGIN SEEING PHOTOS AND FEEDBACK ON THIS NEW SHIP!

Hopefully it's Fincantieri or one of their subcontractors that have written the engine management, navigation, communication, climate control, etc. software and not Princess IT!

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2023 at 7:51 PM, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Keep following this thread because as soon as people are able to again, someone will post it here. 

I can't wait! 🙄

I hope for everybody who are keen to book SD it happens soon so I can read something more interesting relating to the Sun on this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was told during a sales meeting, run by Princess for travel agents, that Love By Britto will be categorized as a Experiential Dining venue, like 360 (not a "specialty" venue).  Therefore, the cover charge would NOT be covered under the Princess Premier Plan.  Decision not yet made, if it would be complimentary for suite guests.  

• Thanks 9

6 hours ago, cruisedoctor said:

Was told during a sales meeting, run by Princess for travel agents, that Love By Britto will be categorized as an Experiential Dining venue, like 360 (not a "specialty" venue).  Therefore, the cover charge would NOT be covered under the Princess Premier Plan.  Decision not yet made, if it would be complimentary for suite guests.  

Thanks. Any word on the D0 aft cabins getting Signature Upgrades and benefits?

5 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Can you send us the link?

Sorry I cannot get it to post on here.???

Sun & Star Princess Sphere Class is title of fb thread.

Edited by dog

16 hours ago, DHP1 said:

All is quiet.  

Yes I guess it doesn’t help that royals social media have constant footage from crew on icon and last thing the sun had was tour of ship still being built. Faith that all is good though

3 hours ago, vividharp said:

If I’m not mistaken this was posted in here a couple of weeks ago. This may be the mockup of the staterooms they made. Someone know for sure?

Correct. 

33 minutes ago, Bardy cruise said:

Yes I guess it doesn’t help that royals social media have constant footage from crew on icon and last thing the sun had was tour of ship still being built. Faith that all is good though

We will have to wait and see. Accordingly to the video 3 weeks ago, they have a long way to be completed. I won’t be surprise a delay announcement coming soon. I hope I’m wrong   

• Like 3

On our favourite Assistant Cruise Directors, Sarah Vanderplank,  has announced that she will be heading out to join the Inaugural Team on Sun Princess after her current cruise on Coral Princess completes on 11th January.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DHP1 said:

We will have to wait and see. Accordingly to the video 3 weeks ago, they have a long way to be completed. I won’t be surprise a delay announcement coming soon. I hope I’m wrong   

Agree, but if history is any indicator, Princess will wait till last minute to announce any change or delay unfortunately.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VaTech8912 said:

Agree, but if history is any indicator, Princess will wait till last minute to announce any change or delay unfortunately.

Has it happened before with other inaugurals? Honest question, I’m fairly new to cruises.