Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

20 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

I expect to see Eleven walking with Papa down that tunnel

HA!! My grandkids call me papa.

Yeah, I just sent an email to my TA to see if I can change cabins on the Star. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rexdillinger said:

What's with so many loungers that are thin webbed with no pad?  I also noticed 5-6 double beds near pool and those are normally not that popular.  Also, continues to be a major lack of shade unless in a cabana which must cost way more than the rest of the fleet.  Oh well.  Sigh.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

What's with so many loungers that are thin webbed with no pad?  I also noticed 5-6 double beds near pool and those are normally not that popular.  Also, continues to be a major lack of shade unless in a cabana which must cost way more than the rest of the fleet.  Oh well.  Sigh.

I won’t book if there isn’t any shade. I wonder why they didn’t think of that? Sad.

• Like 4

Thank you to everyone posting from the ship/collecting posts from elsewhere.

If anyone has pictures of a category MD Mini-suite (we'll be in 10602 next February), and also pictures of the kids club area (ours will be 11 and is dying to see what it looks like) it would be greatly appreciated!

10 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

At least the Arena.  Also no Magic shows (but I think that may have been known).

A $120 credit seems low for no Arena theater shows. I wonder if it’ll be ready for March 9.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rexdillinger said:

The Sanctuary area looks fantastic...but...where's the shade??? I didn't see an umbrella in sight and very little covered areas, and where there was covering there were no loungers. Anyone know how much a cabana costs? Can those be booked in advance or only onboard?

• Like 4

No free soft serve and no French onion soup! Arena, Dome shows, Spellbound, AND elements of Park 19 not ready either?! $120 credit per cabin seems so stingy. Ok, I've eye-rolled enough, now to focus on the good points 😌

Entertainment-shows only in atrium, not in arena. Salmon most-excellent for dinner in the main-restaurant. Motion-detector low-light comes on when you get up out of bed to use the ensuite-bathroom. Bathroom-shower excellent. You can wear your Medallion on your wrist or around your neck, and you use it for buying on-ship, so you don’t need cash or credit-cards. Big-size, high-quality TV in cabin. Very comfortable bed. Starlink-WiFi adequate for FaceTime, iMessage. Naples today. Ahoy!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

9 hours ago, cruisedoctor said:

...One thing that I really like are the new elevators.  These are similar to what they have on the Icon Of The Seas.  When you enter the elevator bank area, there a several large touch pads with all the floor numbers listed.  You tap the floor you want to go to, and the computer tells you which elevator you should go wait in front of.  When you enter the elevator, there are NO floor buttons to push.  That elevator is programmed to go directly to the floor you requested, or sometimes is will be stopping on 2 different floors.  It’s really strange not to see any floor buttons.  Princess dropped the ball, in that it does not have any instructions posted to teach passengers how to use this new system.  I remember seeing videos taken on the Icon, that had large signs positioned in every elevator lobby explaining how to use this great new system.....

Dr. J

Thanks for your insider info Dr J.

No lift instructions. How many people will enter lifts, and then have to get back out again. Day1 of each sailing could be a little chaotic around the lifts. Thankfully the number of lifts has increased with this new ship.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

The Sanctuary area looks fantastic...but...where's the shade??? I didn't see an umbrella in sight and very little covered areas, and where there was covering there were no loungers. Anyone know how much a cabana costs? Can those be booked in advance or only onboard?

No point in umbrellas this time of year! 😂

• Haha 1