Which to book….Celebrity Suite or Royal Suite…?

Bellaggio Cruisers

That was us.  We are traveling with friends so we are all sticking with dining together in Blu.  The ship is full so no guarantees if we got the upgrade we could dine in Blu.  Otherwise a strong bid would already be submitted!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I saw on the bidding thread that one individual had an opportunity to bid on a RS from AQ for roughly $100 per day for two people and elected not to bid.

Each of us has a reason for making choices in everything we do. I’m sure the election not to bid was the right one for them. 

Randy

• Like 1

One thing not mentioned, when comparing the Sky Suite and a Celebrity Suite, is that a Celebrity Suite will get you a few more CC points. That's minor, but nonetheless a factor to consider.

I agree with another poster who indicated that the Celebrity Suites on the hump definitely have a better balcony. The ones on the aft of the hump go first, as they aren't blasted with as much wind as the front ones.

I was saddened to see that Celebrity has renamed the S1 aft corner Sky Suites to Sunset Sky Suites. This basically means that the Blue Chip Club does not offer (me) a discount on those, as they will on a "regular" Sky Suite. That minor shift meant the difference between $4,900 and ~$11,000 on a sailing I was contemplating for 2024. 

Tom

Because of Celebrity recategorizing the sky suites. The sky suites I liked are now becoming Aqua Sky Suites. I'm not going to pay the extra money for things I dont want. I have one Sunset Sky Suite booked. Just not sure if I want to be that far aft. So I've started booking CS's on the S Class ships.

As DH likes the MDR menu over Luminae and specialty restaurants for dinner. The RS is not a good fit for us.

Edited by bigbenboys
added info

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

One thing not mentioned, when comparing the Sky Suite and a Celebrity Suite, is that a Celebrity Suite will get you a few more CC points. That's minor, but nonetheless a factor to consider.

I agree with another poster who indicated that the Celebrity Suites on the hump definitely have a better balcony. The ones on the aft of the hump go first, as they aren't blasted with as much wind as the front ones.

I was saddened to see that Celebrity has renamed the S1 aft corner Sky Suites to Sunset Sky Suites. This basically means that the Blue Chip Club does not offer (me) a discount on those, as they will on a "regular" Sky Suite. That minor shift meant the difference between $4,900 and ~$11,000 on a sailing I was contemplating for 2024. 

Tom

My corner aft sky suite on beyond is still called a sky suite, great balcony but too far from retreat and Luminae.

• Like 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
8 minutes ago, George C said:

My corner aft sky suite on beyond is still called a sky suite, great balcony but too far from retreat and Luminae.

How far are we talking?

What they might want to design in on future ships are those super cool airport people movers.

I mean, why have hallways?

In fact, have the people movers in place of hallways. That way, you can exit your room, jump on the people mover, and do 360s all day long around your deck.

Become deck jockeys! Elite deck jockeys, no less.

Better yet, I'll prop open my cabin door and watch people go by all day long! Sort of a "who are the people in your neighborhood" cruise.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

2 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

How far are we talking?

What they might want to design in on future ships are those super cool airport people movers.

I mean, why have hallways?

In fact, have the people movers in place of hallways. That way, you can exit your room, jump on the people mover, and do 360s all day long around your deck.

Become deck jockeys! Elite deck jockeys, no less.

Better yet, I'll prop open my cabin door and watch people go by all day long! Sort of a "who are the people in your neighborhood" cruise.

i just preferred the walk from penthouse to Luminae which was about 20 ft but my move up wasn’t successful like it was last year 😢😢

Guest 4-2-N-8
3 minutes ago, George C said:

i just preferred the walk from penthouse to Luminae which was about 20 ft but my move up wasn’t successful like it was last year 😢😢

So how far are you now looking at?

FYI... I have been on the Equinox in 2011 or 2012 out of the Med.  We reserved a Royal Suite.  I believe this was on the of the first ships in this line.  One of our complaints is that it was directly underneath the pool deck and other noisy areas.  Also at this time, Celebrity did not offer many additional perks (Specialty dining included, drink pkgs, etc.)  I was very disappointed and moved on to RC in their top end suites where I felt more indulged!  Fast forward to Feb 2020 and my DH and I reserved a RS on the Reflection.  Smart Celebrity may have perhaps read my review on the very bad placement of their top level suites right below the pool deck when they added more ships to the class.  Reflection royal suites were relocated on at least 2 decks below pool (aka Noisy area.)  Loved the upgrades and everything else that had been elevated in the last decade.  I would absolutely reserve again with Celebrity but probably not on the newer E-class ships.  Okay,  I will say it, I am not ready to reserve on any ship until world health settles down.

Happy and Safe Travels.

:)Pam

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

If the Royal suite is too pricey then I’d go with a Sky suite. Might as well pay entry level suite prices because the only difference btwn celebrity and sky suites is the size. Everything else is the same. If the Royal suite is in budget, definitely go with it. You get so much more including specialty dining and a stocked mini fridge with your preferences and 2 bottles of liquor/wine of choice. Not to mention the master bedroom, living/dining room, and powder room. The powder room was a game changer for DH who would otherwise have to scope out a secret place for his morning constitutional 🙀.  

On 12/16/2022 at 1:01 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

You are correct as usual. This is a photo of our CS on Celebrity Edge walk-in shower. We could have saved $10,000 on our Beyond cruise. We had the CS booked on the Beyond, but saw a video of the CS someone posted on the Beyond of the combo shower/tub, which prompted our upgrade to RS. I should have asked you first.

IMG_1445.jpg

Strange.....we looked at the U-tube video of the CS on the Celebrity Edge and it showed a tub-shower combo, not a walk-in shower.  Like I said, strange.....

22 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

If the Royal suite is too pricey then I’d go with a Sky suite. Might as well pay entry level suite prices because the only difference btwn celebrity and sky suites is the size. Everything else is the same. If the Royal suite is in budget, definitely go with it. You get so much more including specialty dining and a stocked mini fridge with your preferences and 2 bottles of liquor/wine of choice. Not to mention the master bedroom, living/dining room, and powder room. The powder room was a game changer for DH who would otherwise have to scope out a secret place for his morning constitutional 🙀.  

I have not been in a shy suite, but isn't it a single room while the CS has a separate bedroom with a door?

Just now, SusieAV8R said:

I have not been in a shy suite, but isn't it a single room while the CS has a separate bedroom with a door?

sky

sky

38 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

Strange.....we looked at the U-tube video of the CS on the Celebrity Edge and it showed a tub-shower combo, not a walk-in shower.  Like I said, strange.....

Now I am so confused myself. Just saying that one of our prerequisites for a cabin must be a walk-in shower and not a shower/tub combo. Looked at caption of shower in photo above, said Dec 2021 and that was an RS on the Equinox. So we did not frivolously spend an additional $10,000 in vain on the Beyond RS. (I am afraid to find out what the bathroom configuration is in the CS on the Beyond). I do appreciate everyones 'fact checking' me.

31 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Now I am so confused myself. Just saying that one of our prerequisites for a cabin must be a walk-in shower and not a shower/tub combo. Looked at caption of shower in photo above, said Dec 2021 and that was an RS on the Equinox. So we did not frivolously spend an additional $10,000 in vain on the Beyond RS. (I am afraid to find out what the bathroom configuration is in the CS on the Beyond). I do appreciate everyones 'fact checking' me.

We also looked at the u-tube for CS on Beyond.........tub-shower combo.  :0

3 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

Yes. The CS is bigger but there are No additional amenities until you get to the RS. I was commenting on the perks above/beyond the room itself. If one is seeking a larger space then the CS is the way to go over a sky suite. 

10 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

We also looked at the u-tube for CS on Beyond.........tub-shower combo.  :0

Just went to U-tube and watched again the video for the Celebrity Suite for both the Edge and the Beyond. They have the same LOW Profile tub/shower combo(the material for the tub part is too slippery for us), and also re-examined the balconies on both to see no room for  a cushioned Retreat deck lounge chair, both items that prompted our upgrading to the Royal Suite. Thank you for taking the time.

We have sailed in both CS and RS on S class ships and just got off Silhouette in a CS. I tried to get a RS but they were sold out and my move up bid was not successful. I prefer the RS due to the separate shower and the extra half bath. Also, in the revolutionized ships, there isn’t a dining table except on the balcony. RS includes specialty restaurants and WiFi for 4 devices. Plus the things other people have mentioned. 

10 hours ago, flviking said:

SusieAV8R

Have to ask, are you and aviator or more specifically an AV8 aviator?

I am a student pilot at the age of 68 and hope to receive my private pilot certificate early next year (I have 20 hours of solo flight so far).  🙂

SusieAV8R

SusieAV8R

I am 

Just now, flviking said:

SusieAV8R - good for you and best wishes on obtaining your license in the near future.

T

Just now, flviking said:

SusieAV8R - good for you and best wishes on obtaining your license in the near future.

Thanks flviking.  Has been a challenge completing the various FAA requirements while working full time but very satisfying with each accomplishment 🙂