Which to book….Celebrity Suite or Royal Suite…?

Bellaggio Cruisers

Guest 4-2-N-8

If the Edge Villa has too much bobbing and motion while underway due to how high it is on the ship, I won't change to a Royal Suite or Celebrity Suite, I'll upgrade to a Court Jester Suite (AKA, inside crew bunk on deck -1, mid-ship!).

Plus two boxes of Dramamine, please.

Having had both, If your budget allows, the Royal suite is great!  Bedroom much more comfortable for storage and walking around.  The extra half bath is great.  We didn't use the whirlpool on the deck more then once, but it was available.   The extra perks wonderful.

Do what you can afford.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We are holding a Celebrity Suite on Equinox.
Royal Suite is a lot more expensive.
Aside from the size difference, what are the differences in the service, inclusions etc?

Really need advice…

Thanks

Sheila

On the S-class like Equinox I remember that the Celebrity Suite had a walk-in shower. NOT like the newer Edge class that has the low profile tub/shower combination. This made all the difference to us. Also the balcony in the CS included two cushioned loungers (which made all the difference to me). DW was distressed that there would not be enough closet and drawer space in the CS. But after unpacking her 12 suitcases she calmed down and admitted it was a very nice cabin. So we booked a CS on the Beyond because of it. Then we saw a video of the shower/tub combo in the CS on Beyond and it cost us $10,000 more to upgrade to the Royal Suite. Would not book the RS on Beyond again for $18,000.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Equinox (which is what OP is asking about) RS gives you a second bathroom (powder room) plus unlimited laundry and specialty dining. Also, a whirlpool on balcony.  Celebrity suite does not.

Edited by edgee
  • Like 3

We did a RS on Reflection.  Used the hot tub on the deck multiple times.  Only ate in Luminae once (not a bad thing) as we went to specialties as they are included.  Never paid additional for anything.  Just a small example - we asked the butler for chocolate covered strawberries one day to enjoy in the hot tub.  The only question was how many.  For us we can't objectively state the extra cost is worth it due to the added inclusions.  It's a subjective value proposition. That said we will book again if the differential isn't too great.

• Like 2

Quite a difference. RS is considered an Upper Suite so you get a lot more. Aside from the obvious differences to the cabin size and layout....

In suite alcohol 

Minibar is complimentary (although this happens a lot even in Sky Suites)

Upgraded afternoon canapés

Laundry 

Included specialty dining 

Upgraded toiletries 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Quite a difference. RS is considered an Upper Suite so you get a lot more. Aside from the obvious differences to the cabin size and layout....

In suite alcohol 

Minibar is complimentary (although this happens a lot even in Sky Suites)

Upgraded afternoon canapés

Laundry 

Included specialty dining 

Upgraded toiletries 

Four device premium internet for each person.

Being able to make speciality dining reservations (no charge) in advance for the Royal Suite is a nice benefit IMO.  Although not necessarily a published benefit, when staying in an Upper Suite one always seem to be able to change their reservation for Speciality Dining.  Numerous times, when we change dates (based on the Luminae menus), I hear the Concierge call and start with there are no openings, but I have two guests staying in a XXX.  

Do not know the actual difference in price for you, but the RS is an excellent experience that is worth a premium.  Financially a difficult experience.  

I do not know if this is important to you.  You do not have a view of the Ocean of the Ocean from the bed.   How much more does the CS cost than a corner Sky Suite?(sunset SS?).  hiw much more for the RS over the CS?

Good luck.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

On the S-class like Equinox I remember that the Celebrity Suite had a walk-in shower. NOT like the newer Edge class that has the low profile tub/shower combination. This made all the difference to us. Also the balcony in the CS included two cushioned loungers (which made all the difference to me). DW was distressed that there would not be enough closet and drawer space in the CS. But after unpacking her 12 suitcases she calmed down and admitted it was a very nice cabin. So we booked a CS on the Beyond because of it. Then we saw a video of the shower/tub combo in the CS on Beyond and it cost us $10,000 more to upgrade to the Royal Suite. Would not book the RS on Beyond again for $18,000.

The Celebrity Suites on both S and M class have a tub shower combo, no separate shower.  The Royal Suite has a separate shower.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

On the S-class like Equinox I remember that the Celebrity Suite had a walk-in shower.

Just got off the Equinox in a Celebrity Suite.  It does NOT have a walk-in shower, but rather a standard tub/shower combo.  Royal Suite has a separate walk-in shower in addition to a tub, and a half bath, which is definitely a perk.

Edited by MikeMary4449
add a word
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MikeMary4449 said:

Just got off the Equinox in a Celebrity Suite.  It does NOT have a walk-in shower, but rather a standard tub/shower combo.  Royal Suite has a separate walk-in shower in addition to a tub, and a half bath, which is definitely a perk.

And the bathroom tub on S class sky and Celebrity suite very high- dangerous for some.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

The Celebrity Suites on both S and M class have a tub shower combo, no separate shower.  The Royal Suite has a separate shower.  

You are correct as usual. This is a photo of our CS on Celebrity Edge walk-in shower. We could have saved $10,000 on our Beyond cruise. We had the CS booked on the Beyond, but saw a video of the CS someone posted on the Beyond of the combo shower/tub, which prompted our upgrade to RS. I should have asked you first.

IMG_1445.jpg

• Like 1

I thought the Celebrity Suite on an S class ship was great for us. I need a separate place to go when the snoring gets too bothersome and on the S class, the bedroom has walls and the sectional sofa makes into a bed. It also had a lovely walk-in closet with a chest of drawers.   On the Edge class, the door is a sliding opaque panel so if the living room TV is on, you'll have that light coming in. And I think maybe the walls didn't go up to the ceiling...and smaller closet than S class. And no L shaped sofa..just the usual hard one. And some god awful tree stump tables and a rocker with rungs to trip over. And 400 million throw pillows! Wish Celebrity could ditch those danged throw pillows!

But, you're on the Equinox so go for the CS if you're looking to save $$

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lizinindy said:

I thought the Celebrity Suite on an S class ship was great for us. I need a separate place to go when the snoring gets too bothersome and on the S class, the bedroom has walls and the sectional sofa makes into a bed. It also had a lovely walk-in closet with a chest of drawers.   On the Edge class, the door is a sliding opaque panel so if the living room TV is on, you'll have that light coming in. And I think maybe the walls didn't go up to the ceiling...and smaller closet than S class. And no L shaped sofa..just the usual hard one. And some god awful tree stump tables and a rocker with rungs to trip over. And 400 million throw pillows! Wish Celebrity could ditch those danged throw pillows!

But, you're on the Equinox so go for the CS if you're looking to save $$

I think we will try the CS. Had the RS in September. It was great but the price difference was also great… How bad can it be? Hubby wants to stick with RS but I would rather save the money. It’s only a 6 day cruise. 

It looks like we will not get:

2 bottles of liquor in the suite

eat in specialty restaurants whenever we choose (have OBC for this)

additional 1/2 bath

separate shower

larger suite

Boy…the list is bigger than I thought. 
sheila

Been on Equinox many times in either SS or RS.  Personally I would not book a CS.  Advantage is a separate bedroom but the bedroom is closed in.  I personally love to see the sunrise and hear the ocean in the morning.  Just my personal preference.

• Haha 1

If the Royal suite is too pricey then I’d go with a Sky suite. Might as well pay entry level suite prices because the only difference btwn celebrity and sky suites is the size. Everything else is the same. If the Royal suite is in budget, definitely go with it. You get so much more including specialty dining and a stocked mini fridge with your preferences and 2 bottles of liquor/wine of choice. Not to mention the master bedroom, living/dining room, and powder room. The powder room was a game changer for DH who would otherwise have to scope out a secret place for his morning constitutional 🙀.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

And the bathroom tub on S class sky and Celebrity suite very high- dangerous for some.  

I replaced ours with a walk-in  shower.  I did all of the work except for installing the counter top and shower glass.  It was included in the cost and glad that they did it We haven’t used a bath tub to take a bath in ages.  We only shower.  For those that shower only they are dangerous.  They are hard to stand in because they are slippery and worse when on a ship that is rocking and rolling.   Many have told us that it will decrease the value of our house.    I don’t care.   I am the one living in it.  If the potential by]Uber don’t like it than don’t buy it.  The other is it won’t be my problem because I do t plan on moving.   I will die here.  

Many hotels are also replacing the combo tubs showers with showers only. 

Before and now 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

0F1A104A-A236-4575-91FC-FD42B383B88F.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by miched
  • Like 3

On 12/15/2022 at 11:34 PM, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We are holding a Celebrity Suite on Equinox.
Royal Suite is a lot more expensive.
Aside from the size difference, what are the differences in the service, inclusions etc?

Really need advice…

Thanks

Sheila

We’ve been in both on the S Class ships. If we were toying with a CS or a RS, we would often times consider which CSs were available. On Equinox, CS 1615, 1618, 1233 and 1110 have bigger balconies than the other CSs. These are very comfortable staterooms. If these 4 CSs were not available, we would often times lean toward the RS if the price difference was not ridiculous. 

A RS will give you more room and a second bathroom, etc as previously mentioned,  but depending on the price difference between the CS and the RS, you can buy a lot of specialty dining.

You will be happy in either one. It’s kind of nice, in situations like this, where you can really come up a winner no matter which stateroom you choose.

Randy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Great job!  Are you a professional?  You should be!

Thanks

UTube and buying from independent mom and pop stores.  The small stores cost are in line with the big box chain stores.   They also offer better quality and  always willing to give advice.  They need to be competitive to stay in business.  

Do a lot of planning and have another lavatory to use.  

The money I saved doing it myself paid for a few cruises.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

4 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

We’ve been in both on the S Class ships. If we were toying with a CS or a RS, we would often times consider which CSs were available. On Equinox, CS 1615, 1618, 1233 and 1110 have bigger balconies than the other CSs. These are very comfortable staterooms. If these 4 CSs were not available, we would often times lean toward the RS if the price difference was not ridiculous. 

A RS will give you more room and a second bathroom, etc as previously mentioned,  but depending on the price difference between the CS and the RS, you can buy a lot of specialty dining.

You will be happy in either one. It’s kind of nice, in situations like this, where you can really come up a winner no matter which stateroom you choose.

Randy

I saw on the bidding thread that one individual had an opportunity to bid on a RS from AQ for roughly $100 per day for two people and elected not to bid.