Is Royal a franchise of Effy?

We were in an Effy store on the Oasis few days ago. The "Port Shopping Expert" greeted us and took out jewels from locked displayed cases for us to see. Even though he can get keys for the locked display cases, he said he is employed by Royal and not Effy. There was a store salesperson next to him but the store employee didn't talk or sell much. Just curious about the business relationship between Royal and Effy.

Effy also has a F rating with the BBB, and most complaints are due to the shops on Cruise Ship's

I always treat the Port Shopping "Experts" with respect and i attend their shows for entertainment but when you deal with them think...."One level above Car Dealer status"....

Edited by mpdog42
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

Effy also has a F rating with the BBB, and most complaints are due to the shops on Cruise Ship's

I always treat the Port Shopping "Experts" with respect and i attend their shows for entertainment but when you deal with them think...."One level above Car Dealer status"....

I think that is an insult to car dealers.😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I like the EFFY line. And great customer service after the sale. 

I like it too. And agree about after sales service.
But I never ever buy from the ship's onboard store......they quote a ridiculously high "just for you only special price smooch smooch only for you"😆

Island based stores are a different story (you know that😉) but many times one just cannot beat Macy's prices even with  the tax.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I like the EFFY line. And great customer service after the sale. 

An abundance of OBC on Harmony a few months ago gave me a beautiful watch I am wearing.  Love it! 

Does Laura use the ones on board...or just the ones on shore?   Love...love that new ring she bought at Curacao.  🙂 

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

An abundance of OBC on Harmony a few months ago gave me a beautiful watch I am wearing.  Love it! 

Does Laura use the ones on board...or just the ones on shore?   Love...love that new ring she bought at Curacao.  🙂 

Both, her favorite is St Maarten 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I like it too. And agree about after sales service.
But I never ever buy from the ship's onboard store......they quote a ridiculously high "just for you only special price smooch smooch only for you"😆

Island based stores are a different story (you know that😉) but many times one just cannot beat Macy's prices even with  the tax.

Yep, we found a nice piece at Macy's once.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

👍

I give the BBB as much consideration as they deserve (none). Anyone can negatively or positively rate a company. Its as reliable as any online reviews.

We have made one purchase from Effy (diamond studs) and were pleased. Stone carat weight, color and clarity were exactly s advertised. And price paid was in line with what it should have been.

I have bought from Effy on board and am pleased with my purchases.  One piece broke and after contacting the company it was repaired and returned to me within 3 weeks at absolutely no cost to me.  They sent a prepaid insured label to return the piece to them, and then reconfirmed my address and returned the repaired piece back to me.