Don’t count on Princess EZAir to help during travel and make sure you have travel insurance

northwestbear

5 hours ago, Coral said:

The problem is - as many know here, the cruise line's corporate offices are operating at a much smaller staff (and less trained staff) than pre-COVID due to financial issues. These cruise lines are struggling to survive right now. They are heavily in debt and can't operate at full strength yet.

I don't think this was on the weekend but weekend staff is severely limited.

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

But even if at full strength, what else could have been done ? EZAir is basically a travel agency. They cannot magic seats or flights out of thin air. 

The problem is Princess EZair says specifically:  "Rest easy that you'll make your cruise if flights are delayed or cancelled on the day of travel."    What has been shared indicates Princess is providing little or no assistance in making other arrangements.  They are making a blatantly false promise.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

The problem is Princess EZair says specifically:  "Rest easy that you'll make your cruise if flights are delayed or cancelled on the day of travel."    What has been shared indicates Princess is providing little or no assistance in making other arrangements.  They are making a blatantly false promise.   

Totally agree. There is absolutely no way that they can make that claim. The 30 or so Brits who missed the Regal in Athens this summer due to a late arriving flight can bear witness to the falsehood of the EZair claim

I'm amazed that no one has challenged Princess over this statement.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ldubs said:

I don’t read this as you do.  If your flight is canceled, they can’t hold the ship indefinitely but there are provisions (or at least have been made) to get you to the cruise ship, even if in another port.  A friend told me about missing her embarkation up to Alaska due to a canceled flight.  They flew her up to Alaska and put her up in a hotel in Juneau so she could catch the cruise in progress.  
Although, others have shared different experiences, I also have seen the other side of this.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I don’t read this as you do.  If your flight is canceled, they can’t hold the ship indefinitely but there are provisions (or at least have been made) to get you to the cruise ship, even if in another port.  A friend told me about missing her embarkation up to Alaska due to a canceled flight.  They flew her up to Alaska and put her up in a hotel in Juneau so she could catch the cruise in progress.  
Although, others have shared different experiences, I also have seen the other side of this.  

I do understand that they might have to catch you up to the ship.  The problems shared here indicate they are not even providing basic assistance.  Not even close to the promise made.   It is good to hear there are others who experienced a good response.   I am not comfortable I could count on it.  I wish it were otherwise.  Either way I think they should simply be more clear about what will really happen in case of an EZAir snafu.  I do suspect that reality is spelled out in fine print somewhere.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I do understand that they might have to catch you up to the ship.  The problems shared here indicate they are not even providing basic assistance.  Not even close to the promise made.   It is good to hear there are others who experienced a good response.   I am not comfortable I could count on it.  I wish it were otherwise.  Either way I think they should simply be more clear about what will really happen in case of an EZAir snafu.  I do suspect that reality is spelled out in fine print somewhere.  

I think Princess makes a lot of statements that are misleading - "best wifi at sea".

IMO - regardless if you book your own air or through the cruise line - if you fly the day of or even the day before, you need to have backup plans in case you miss the ship. Life is unpredictable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Which they can do only if there is space on flights.  You know all the problems airlines are having right now.  Also if you have booked EzAir economy class and economy class is full you can hardly expect them to buy a business class seat for you.

I agree that the ad should not be an absolute "we will" but somewhere in the fine print there has to be verbiage that reads "if at all possible".

DON

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Coral said:

I think Princess makes a lot of statements that are misleading - "best wifi at sea".

IMO - regardless if you book your own air or through the cruise line - if you fly the day of or even the day before, you need to have backup plans in case you miss the ship. Life is unpredictable.

Good advice.  I have to admit we never really have a true back up plan.  If things can go south, we will just deal with it.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Which they can do only if there is space on flights.  You know all the problems airlines are having right now.  Also if you have booked EzAir economy class and economy class is full you can hardly expect them to buy a business class seat for you.

I agree that the ad should not be an absolute "we will" but somewhere in the fine print there has to be verbiage that reads "if at all possible".

DON

I understand they have limitations on what they can achieve but, if you read earlier in this thread, I also commented about how some friends almost didn't make the ship as their EZ air flight was cancelled.  They actually chartered a jet to take them to the ship departing out of LA earlier this year.  The ship actually waited for them, too.  Those same people would have been stuck missing their cruise if they hadn't booked through EZ air.  If it's the same flights at pretty much the same price, I would think you'd have a better chance at joining your cruise at some point of the itinerary using EZ Air vs going it alone.  

• Like 1