Voyager and 1st time in a GS. My pre holiday cruise

jean87510

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have no idea why anyone really needs a doorbell but it would be nice if there was a switch in the cabin to disable it. A call to guest services, a look at the passageway camera, and then a talk with the parents would help curtail this stuff too.

Agree...no doorbells would be nice.   They are annoying at best...but I guess RCI thought the idea would be "cute".  😉 Love the idea of an optional switch to disable them.  

Talk to the parents about their uncontrolled, unsupervised precious snowflakes?   Yeah...good luck with that.  😄 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, jean87510 said:

So now Im at the Crown and Anchor event.  About 4pm. Very well attended.  We are in the Star lounge Deck 5.  Free champagne and mimosas.  We actually have 1 pinnacle on board!!  60 diamond.  19 diamond plus.

On our Arctic TA there 2600 passengers, 1600 Diamond , 500  pinnacles , 5 kids 

Not sure which is worst , 500 pinnacles or 500 kids 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

so a quick update on doorbell.  Last night around 11pm, my husband was doing more work and ding dong giggles.  He heard them again a few minutes later and waited by the door looking through the peep hole.  It was about 4 kids.  He yanked the door open and said AH HAAAA!!! They screamed and ran.  No problems after that.  

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

so a quick update on doorbell.  Last night around 11pm, my husband was doing more work and ding dong giggles.  He heard them again a few minutes later and waited by the door looking through the peep hole.  It was about 4 kids.  He yanked the door open and said AH HAAAA!!! They screamed and ran.  No problems after that.  

I wouldve done that too! Thats great 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

They will be back.  

• Haha 2

We went kayaking on our own via Caribbean Paddling out to Pinel Island.  Hiked around, saw iquanas, snorkeled around, kayaked to another small island and snorkeled more.  Tree is from Pinel Island.  We are on St. Martin with I believe 5 total ships including Symphony and Vision.  Went to the suite lounge around 5 to grab a drink in my tank top and yoga pants 👀

20221220_133134.jpg

20221220_150510.jpg

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 3

My first grand suite was on sister ship navigator I liked it so much I haven’t booked anything less since and booked navigator a couple more times in grand suite . Rarely had a problem with door bell . Only problem with grand suites is you never want to do anything less again.

• Like 1

So early am again awaiting our arrival in St. Croix.  We were supposed to visit here 2x on covid cancelled post cruise trips both times staying at the Sandcastle.  So today we have a car rental and a bunch of stops loaded on our downloaded maps.  

I haven't really discussed the internet on here.  I have the surf and stream and truthfully the only times there's a glitch is when we leave port.  I've been watching hulu, hbo.  Able to avert 2 potential disasters at home.  One involving one of our 3 dogs.  Another involving 2 of our 5 kids (argument about who got to stay overnight Christmas eve in the mom and dad room).  Obviously able to post here.  Our cabin signal isn't the best where our bed is but great where sofa is.

• Like 2

Guest 4-2-N-8
On 12/18/2022 at 12:52 PM, jean87510 said:

This cruise has been the result of a long forgotten Cape Air credit from November 2020 SJU to St. Croix following an Enchantment of the Seas trip.  Back in the Spring, husband got an email about the credit that had to be used by December 31, 2022.  Well, we looked about and decided to do the 5 day Voyager December 18-23.  Then go to Culebra for a few days.  Unfortunately, a couple of months ago, our airbnb canceled on us.  Every place we looked at had crappy reviews.  We finally decided to head to St. Thomas post cruise.

Fast forward to yesterday.  We flew in SJU from PHL non stop.  We debated doing an activity pre cruise then settled on just hanging at the hotel.  We stayed at the courtyard Marriott Isla Verde.  Now anyone who's seen My Cousin Vinny, and remembers how he couldn't sleep, you will understand what I will discuss.  I heard planes all night.  It was actually comical.  I couldn't find my ear plugs and was cursing much like Vinny did.  Other than that, room was really nice, pool was great.  Only issue is the no see ums on the beach which I hate so we avoided.  

I went for a run outside this am then finished on the treadmill.  Woke husband up around 9 and after poking around, downloading maps, setting up go pro, we headed to the port via UBER.  And this is where I loved the Royal Up.  We originally went from 1688, to a suite gty, to 8th floor JS, then bid $200 extra for a GS.  The line at the port at 1130 was ridiculous as everyone wanted to get onboard at the same time.  I just strutted to the front of the line past many envious eyes and flashed my set sail pass on my phone.  It was an Oscar red carpet moment.  😁

We headed to the Windjammer which no one was at.  I love salads and protein on my first day so I just ate that.  We went by the pool and camped out with others to watch the world cup.  Loved the result!!  

Our rooms were done by 1 so I ran our backpacks down and to grab our room keys.  All I can say is WOW!!  When you travel in non suites, its a shocker.

20221218_141728.jpg

20221218_141745.jpg

I don't need (or want) to strut past anyone, as security for me is very important. Do not want people to connect me with my staterooms.

I've purchased three Star Class suites (RLS + both SLS) on a forthcoming Harmony of the Seas cruise.

Hopefully for Star Class, the entrance is tucked away or at least a low key walk onto the ship and away from main entrance and any eyeballs watching.

Can anyone confirm (or deny) this to be the case?

TY

1 hour ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

I don't need (or want) to strut past anyone, as security for me is very important. Do not want people to connect me with my staterooms.

I've purchased three Star Class suites (RLS + both SLS) on a forthcoming Harmony of the Seas cruise.

Yoi

Hopefully for Star Class, the entrance is tucked away or at least a low key walk onto the ship and away from main entrance and any eyeballs watching.

TY

omg.  I was kidding.  

• Like 2

Guest 4-2-N-8
9 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

omg.  I was kidding.  

No problem.

But seriously, did you notice if there was an out of the way entrance for Star Class? 

Guest 4-2-N-8
1 minute ago, jean87510 said:

Im on the Voyager.  There is no star class

I did not know that. Ok.

First time I'll be on RCL due to kids. 🙂

Day 4 - St. Croix.  Rental car today. My 1st time here.  Wow!!!  We are definitely coming back for a land vacation.  We started by picking up our Avis rental at the airport.  Taxi ride was $30.  We had already downloaded where we wanted to go (Point Udall, Isaac Bay Reserve. Cane bay area, and the beach to the right of Sandcastle).  We managed to do all 4 and make it back to the port by 510pm (onboard was 530pm).  We had to get gas, drop off car then get cab back to port.  No big deal.  Saw nurse shark, turtles, rays...  Husband made it out to the wall at cane bay and did get down a ways.  He free dives so he loves walls. Below is Point Udall and then hiking down to Isaac Bay reserve.

20221221_100405.jpg

20221221_102014.jpg

• Like 3

So after 4 days, I think my favorite part of the suite life is the room and priority embarkation.  I don't really care about suite lounge too much.  Still have no idea where diamond lounge is.  We sat for the one show in a different section.  We only got the treats one day.  We have no idea where our room attendant is but that's ok because as long as he brings us towels, we are fine.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

So after 4 days, I think my favorite part of the suite life is the room and priority embarkation.  I don't really care about suite lounge too much.  Still have no idea where diamond lounge is.  We sat for the one show in a different section.  We only got the treats one day.  We have no idea where our room attendant is but that's ok because as long as he brings us towels, we are fine.  

You Will be disappointed with Diamond lounge , it by the Star Lounge 

it is dark  a life boat is in front of the windows 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jean87510 said:

We always liked the breakfast in specialty restaurant and reserved seat by the pool , but very limited suite perks on voyager class .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, George C said:

We always liked the breakfast in specialty restaurant and reserved seat by the pool , but very limited suite perks on voyager class .

I forgot about the breakfast.  I actually do very light breakfast at home which is just coffee as I do intermittent fasting.  I have just been getting a bowl of cornflakes and coffee.  I try to avoid port morning breakfast in the Windjammer.

20 hours ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

TY

Voyager is not an Oasis class.  

Edited by island lady