Voyager and 1st time in a GS. My pre holiday cruise

jean87510

12 hours ago, jean87510 said:

So after 4 days, I think my favorite part of the suite life is the room and priority embarkation.  I don't really care about suite lounge too much.  Still have no idea where diamond lounge is.  We sat for the one show in a different section.  We only got the treats one day.  We have no idea where our room attendant is but that's ok because as long as he brings us towels, we are fine.  

Very small lounge next to entrance of Star Lounge forward.  

9 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

You Will be disappointed with Diamond lounge , it by the Star Lounge 

it is dark  a life boat is in front of the windows 

Used to be the old "Cigar Bar".   It is a library on sister ship EX, of which they did the Pinnacle event nightly in. 

57 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

May have to change our plans post cruise yet again.  Flight is canceled 🙄

That happened to me last January. Good luck finding a flight. Most of the continental US will be a mess for the next day or two.

• Like 2

We are on Voyager in February and are in a junior suite on the hump - deck 9.  We opted to get the key during the Black Friday sale because we needed internet and it was a couple dollars more. Royal up is available for both grand and owner suits for reasonable amounts. Question is the suite life on Voyager worth it? From what I can see most are located on Deck 10 below public spaces and don't include much in terms of amenities.  Would love to hear your thoughts 🙂 

We are on Voyager in February and are in a junior suite on the hump - deck 9.  We opted to get the key during the Black Friday sale because we needed internet and it was a couple dollars more. Royal up is available for both grand and owner suits for reasonable amounts. Question is the suite life on Voyager worth it? From what I can see most are located on Deck 10 below public spaces and don't include much in terms of amenities.  Would love to hear your thoughts 🙂 

1 minute ago, RG306 said:

You definitely didn’t need to get the key. When you buy the Internet the second one is cheaper. Not worth any extra money. 

16 minutes ago, renza said:

You definitely didn’t need to get the key. When you buy the Internet the second one is cheaper. Not worth any extra money. 

That wasn't the question I was asking but thank you. We priced out both and the difference was not substantial which is why we opted to go for the key. 

12 hours ago, RG306 said:

Yes.  You avoid everyone.  Use the suite breakfast.  JS apparently though don't get into the suite lounge though.  I thank God I got it on this cruise not just for the space.  

if you can, upgrade.  I strongly suggest it.

Day 5 - Tortola. Took the 2 ship excursions.  One to Virgin Gorda.  One to norman island and the indians snorkeling.  The Virgin Gorda was a one and done and never ever again.  Complete waste of 1 hour to go .25 miles.  The Norman Island snorkeling I highly recommend.  It was a 130pm trip and was great even though they insisted we wear the snorkeling vests for safety.  Husband is a free diver.  I'm an ex lifeguard from Sea Isle City in NJ granted 35 years ago.  He does triathlons.  We don't need vests.  We did wear them but hate them.  The snorkeling was just fantastic.  Afterwards we went up to clean all our stuff and then dinner at WJ.  Met our Captain again on the elevator. 

PC220063.JPG

PC220032.JPG

PC220034.JPG

PC220027.JPG

• Like 2

That wasn't the question I was asking but thank you. We priced out both and the difference was not substantial which is why we opted to go for the key. 

I actually had the key when we had the JS and dropped it.  Internet for 1 person 2 devices was cheaper.

13 hours ago, RG306 said:

IMHO...no.   JS is perfect for us.  We are also hump cabin on nine.  Though I will miss the CL close location that sister EX had...right at the centrum on nine.  Great for morning coffee runs.  🙂  Voyager, having been amped, has yanked the CL putting in SL on VCL deck.  

"sea" you on board neighbor.  😉 

At SJU now in The Lounge in Terminal C awaiting our flight on Cape Air.  Disembark was very easy.  Went down and through the suite pinnacle line.  Found a nice bus $20 total for airport.  FYI.  A LOT of locals were on and cruise this ship per ship staff and our uber to and taxi driver from.  Therefore take a cab to airport.  The line of cars was the worst I've seen including NYC, Bayonne and Ft. Lauderdale.  Uber has difficulty getting in for pickup.  It looked like the Windjammer clientele moved outside.  

Speaking of Windjammer, never ever in my 26 cruises have I seen anything like this.  No matter what meal, what time.  People acting like starving wolves.  One man dumped the shrimp bowl last night into 4 bowls.  I was just stunned at the gluttony.  My husband this  finally couldn't take breakfast in there and took 2 bowls of raisen bran back to our room the last 2 ams.  There was a chocolate fountain and whole families were just dousing anything in there and on their plate.  

This am one of the room attendants on my floor told me guests in one of the insides took all the tissues, and tp plus the shampoo.  On our bus/taxi a guest shared she saw people in the WJ today putting cups, fruit, rolls, tea in a zip lock bags.  

So to finally summarize our cruise portion, we had a great time.  We went to 2 new places, one we really didn't care for (Virgin gorda) and one we absolutely loved (St. Croix).  We are people who like port intensive cruises and never cared where we slept as long as we had pillows and towels.  We loved our room and were sad to leave it.  I am so glad I grabbed GS 1600 on the Radiance on my 60th birthday in 2024 in Alaska.  The food was ok.  I have some food issues so it is difficult for me to find stuff to eat but I did and was satisfied.  There were one or 2 things I did not care for but am not going to share at this time as they were situations that were easily avoided.  I thought the staff worked their butts off.  I found the staff onboard here up with the Summit and the Grandeur which also got high marks from me.  We did not make it to the MDR, the specialty dining, the ice shows.  We tried to ice skate but again, a zoo.  Never ate pizza as lines were always long.  It wasn't a staffing issue.  It was constant line cutting of giant 20 people families.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Thanks so much for this review.  Excited to try Voyager next month.  San Juan has always been a different vibe to sail out of.

I don't recommend sailing mid to late March though.  Won't make that mistake again....ugg!!  😮 

We are back to doing end of January for our B2B2B again.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

Thanks so much for this review.  Excited to try Voyager next month.  San Juan has always been a different vibe to sail out of.

glad to help.  Im not one to take food pictures as I don't eat a lot of different things.  My pictures would be boring.  I'm more into the active stuff and the ports.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

At SJU now in The Lounge in Terminal C awaiting our flight on Cape Air.  Disembark was very easy.  Went down and through the suite pinnacle line.  Found a nice bus $20 total for airport.  FYI.  A LOT of locals were on and cruise this ship per ship staff and our uber to and taxi driver from.  Therefore take a cab to airport.  The line of cars was the worst I've seen including NYC, Bayonne and Ft. Lauderdale.  Uber has difficulty getting in for pickup.  It looked like the Windjammer clientele moved outside.  

Speaking of Windjammer, never ever in my 26 cruises have I seen anything like this.  No matter what meal, what time.  People acting like starving wolves.  One man dumped the shrimp bowl last night into 4 bowls.  I was just stunned at the gluttony.  My husband this  finally couldn't take breakfast in there and took 2 bowls of raisen bran back to our room the last 2 ams.  There was a chocolate fountain and whole families were just dousing anything in there and on their plate.  

This am one of the room attendants on my floor told me guests in one of the insides took all the tissues, and tp plus the shampoo.  On our bus/taxi a guest shared she saw people in the WJ today putting cups, fruit, rolls, tea in a zip lock bags.  

As I had said early in the thread "following along out of curiosity". You must have missed the review I did the 1st week she was out of PR.  Seems like not much has changed since our cruise 11/6. 

I've never seen anything like it before.