Onboard grand Princess 21st of December till 22nd of January

3 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I haven't  found it rough at all. Get something for the sea sickness from medical  or green apples from the buffet breakfast  as it's usually  rougher closer to Melbourne 

Manoeuvring into Port Phillip Bay is usually the wobbly bit. Bass Strait looks calm tonight. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I'm such an idiot. 

I messaged my son to remind him to pick me up tomorrow and he reminded me it's on the 22nd. I went downstairs and asked the girl on the medallion  desk to make sure.

I still have one more sea day. Good chance for sushi tomorrow then.

I read the earlier post, and though Grand Princess would have to go the clappers to make it in the morning.

At least you got your packing done early. 😂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Normanville said:

I assume you are logged out when you close the app. We are not very tech savvy!!!!

Hi, I found out how to log out of the app - click on the "profile" pic at the very bottom right hand of the screen 🙂 I hate it when I can't figure something out!

I'm on this NZ cruise next month and wondered about a couple things.  Did anyone do the Chef table and have a menu they can post?  What is the dress like down under for formal nights?  Here in the states, it's a little more casual, slacks and collard shirts.  Should we have ties and jackets, just ties, or are collard shirts fine?  Someone mentioned polos, but that seems too casual?  Any excursions that shouldn't be missed?  Is there a winemaker dinner or just chef table?  Thanks if anyone can answer.

Edited by Maarek

21 minutes ago, Maarek said:

I'm on this NZ cruise next month and wondered about a couple things.  Did anyone do the Chef table and have a menu they can post?  What is the dress like down under for formal nights?  Here in the states, it's a little more casual, slacks and collard shirts.  Should we have ties and jackets, just ties, or are collard shirts fine?  Someone mentioned polos, but that seems too casual?  Any excursions that shouldn't be missed?  Is there a winemaker dinner or just chef table?  Thanks if anyone can answer.

I was talking to a lady on the first new Zealand cruise and she had done the chefs table the night before. It was in the crown grill.  They put their name down for it and they got on the third time it was done. She said it was excellent.

24 minutes ago, Maarek said:

I think people dressed up a bit more on the newyear/Christmas cruise than this one.

I like dressing up and appreciate it when others do. You will always get people who never make an effort  and dress down.

But on the whole most people make the effort. There were still a few dinner suits last night. A lot of people with just shirt and ties. 

3 hours ago, Maarek said:

Hi there. We did a NZ cruise in December and loved the Journey to Middle Earth excursion from Christchurch (Lyttelton). It was wonderful go inland to see the spectacular mountain scenery.  You dont have to be a Lord of the Rings fan  to enjoy this tour. In Wellington we did a private tour with Zozo, Cave to Coast Highlights, it was very good. Another ships excursion which was very enjoyable is called Piha Bush & Beach Eco Tour. I do like to get out of the city into the countryside. The NZ cruise so good we have done it 3 times! Enjoy!

1 minute ago, Debbpen said:

Hi there. We did a NZ cruise in December and loved the Journey to Middle Earth excursion from Christchurch (Lyttelton). It was wonderful go inland to see the spectacular mountain scenery.  You dont have to be a Lord of the Rings fan  to enjoy this tour. In Wellington we did a private tour with Zozo, Cave to Coast Highlights, it was very good. Another ships excursion which was very enjoyable is called Piha Bush & Beach Eco Tour. I do like to get out of the city into the countryside. The NZ cruise so good we have done it 3 times! Enjoy!

Piha Bush and Beach tour is from Auckland. 

The thread continues for at least three more days!  First off, here’s the view of Golden Princess (I will never call it Pacific Adventure) from Grand Princess. 

03E0C803-4D0D-4FC8-B270-5CFEE02AD354.thumb.jpeg.c7f0efb5c635ddf572aa128697728f0c.jpeg

We got mixed messages out of the ship today from staff.  Everyone we spoke to downstairs told us that transiting passengers had to join the main line with all the debarking passengers. The line was enormous!!!  We did and I had my continuing passenger cards visible the whole time. Eventually when I called out some passengers that joined the queue ahead of us from the side to the staff, they brought us to the front which was where transiting passengers were meant to be. Clear communication would be great!

Patters for continuing passengers are shown below.

3CB0C39D-8678-49C2-9661-583C45FED4D1.thumb.jpeg.3e514b914b2635ca9488d3dfc664a579.jpeg

9735A5CB-336E-48AB-B953-C0BBCE1917F5.thumb.jpeg.56649ff82203442c51856ea67f2020f1.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Looking forward to reading what you get up to.

I'm at the airport waiting for my flight.

I had to pay for food and the toilet roll in the toilets is not folded on the end.

Thank you for your posts of life onboard the Grand. I have enjoyed reading them. 

• Like 5