Solo supplement?

travelberlin

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

I was trying to plan my cruises next year with Azamara but I see that there are no solo offers listed for most of the year 2023. Any idea when those solo offers will come?

Ivi

I didn’t find anything beyond the end of February 2023

• Thanks 1

On 12/26/2022 at 1:10 PM, travelberlin said:

I have noticed that. I hope more offers will come.

Ivi

There are several reduced solo supplements in March, April , May but they are not advertised and you have to go through the booking process to see them. 

two that I have seen are the Greece, Turkey and Bulgaria on May 2 and the Wine cruise on May 30. There are several in March too including Spain, France and Italy.

I have no idea why they are not listed on the site when you search solo cruise deals but I found them by chance when I did dummy bookings.

I don’t know about June yet, there may be some there too. Many are also listed on Quarterly savings for an extra 10%.

Anne

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ptrpanpens said:

I have no idea why they are not listed on the site when you search solo cruise deals but I found them by chance when I did dummy bookings.

I've had the same experience and have actually posted that here before. You just have to look at a timescale that you are interested in and see if there are any deals by doing a dummy booking. Historically the solo deals listed early have been repositioning ones like the Suez and then they add some as the year goes on according to demand.  

Phil 

I have researched (for personal bookings) the solo supplements and it does appear that some are starting to be loaded for nexr few months - nothing showing for Quest and only a few at 25% supplement and others at 50%

hope this helps someone

image.png.11fbd8f58a5109b7b3133344db95c6c7.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

• 2 weeks later...

I am disappointed with what Azamara advertises as „deals“. I am trying to book a cruise which is advertised as having a solo supplement deal and as being Last Minute cruise. But once I, or my travel agent, try to do the booking, none of those discounts appear.

What is going on Azamara? Why do you advertise deals and then you do not honor them?

Ivi

1 hour ago, Scots Caz said:

I have also noticed that the reduced solo supplement appears to apply to Inside and Oceanview only (not veranda)

I hope Azamara will not become solo unfriendly. One of the reasons I cruised with Azamara is because once in a while I cruise alone and I have always appreciated that in Azamara you can feel welcome.

With so many options to choose from, I will feel very sorry if I have to take other cruise lines because Azamara is not interested in Solo cruisers any more.

Ivi

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 7:39 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

I've had the same experience and have actually posted that here before. You just have to look at a timescale that you are interested in and see if there are any deals by doing a dummy booking. Historically the solo deals listed early have been repositioning ones like the Suez and then they add some as the year goes on according to demand.  

Phil 

Phil fid it happen to you that a cruise listed as solo with 125 deal, when you do your booking this is not honored? 
Ivi

On 12/27/2022 at 8:07 PM, ptrpanpens said:

There are several reduced solo supplements in March, April , May but they are not advertised and you have to go through the booking process to see them. 

two that I have seen are the Greece, Turkey and Bulgaria on May 2 and the Wine cruise on May 30. There are several in March too including Spain, France and Italy.

I don’t know about June yet, there may be some there too. Many are also listed on Quarterly savings for an extra 10%.

Anne

I am currently booked on the 5/30/23 Wine cruise in an oceanview cabin. You are correct that you have to go through the booking process to see the discount. The word promo appears in small letters next to the oceanview category. Called my TA and I am staying in the same cabin for $1550 less. Thanks for the info.

• Like 3

looks like lowest is now 50% uplift. Some of the previous 25% supplement trips are now 100% - wonder if the are limited numbers available for reduced supplement

Had 6 wonderful solo trips in the last year all 25% uplift verandas....looks like that is a thing of the past and nothing booked for 2023

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 4:49 PM, travelberlin said:

Phil fid it happen to you that a cruise listed as solo with 125 deal, when you do your booking this is not honored? 
Ivi

Hi Ivi. I've never had that happen. I book direct with Azamara and they have always been fine. I will say that there are far fewer 125% deals now. Most of them seem to be 150%, but then if they can still sell the cabins and fill the ship I can see why. 

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scots Caz said:

looks like lowest is now 50% uplift. Some of the previous 25% supplement trips are now 100% - wonder if the are limited numbers available for reduced supplement

Had 6 wonderful solo trips in the last year all 25% uplift verandas....looks like that is a thing of the past and nothing booked for 2023

I hope that it is not a thing of the past. Other cruise lines are offering more solo supplements deals now. For example Oceania and Silversea. I hope Azamara is just adjusting its system due to the change of ownership and that there will be solo offers with 25% supplement.
Ivi

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 9:02 AM, Scots Caz said:

I have researched (for personal bookings) the solo supplements and it does appear that some are starting to be loaded for nexr few months - nothing showing for Quest and only a few at 25% supplement and others at 50%

hope this helps someone

image.png.11fbd8f58a5109b7b3133344db95c6c7.png

This was really helpful info. I wish there was an easier way to find the info other than by practically completing a booking....

Perhaps when other solos find a good future deal, they could also post to this thread and share the efforts?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

This was really helpful info. I wish there was an easier way to find the info other than by practically completing a booking....

Perhaps when other solos find a good future deal, they could also post to this thread and share the efforts?

And even when you complete the booking it might end up not showing the solo deal, even though it is advertised for the particular cruise.

Ivi

my research was via a US agent site (not allowed to name) it allows you to search solo prices and has a column with the % supplement.

note the verandas and suites all appear to now have 100% supplement irrespective of any offers

here is updated table for 2023 (previously just looked till end June...note % in red have dropped from 50% to 25% supplement (on insides and outsides) Some Quest cruises added now too

image.thumb.png.60d8a4395cf791d06cdd4908467c36cc.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

...and on looking today (have some credit that expires soon so trying to plan what to use it on) it appears that the reduced supplement is now on all cabin types (at least on the ones I have been checking)...ever changing

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Scots Caz said:

...and on looking today (have some credit that expires soon so trying to plan what to use it on) it appears that the reduced supplement is now on all cabin types (at least on the ones I have been checking)...ever changing

It looks like based on the list they are all cruises in '23 and no '24,,,is that correct? 

22 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

It looks like based on the list they are all cruises in '23 and no '24,,,is that correct? 

nothing showing other than 100% supplement after September 2023...I expect reductions will appear as the cruises get closer (actually surprised to see 25% supplements as far out as August currently)

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All, I’m currently on Onward and I’ve attached the list of discounted solo supplement cruises I obtained from the Cruise Again manager today.  It covers cruises from now until the middle of November, 2023.  Regards, Paul
C5B3F11E-BF39-4967-A33E-394DB13401B1.thumb.jpeg.ad3ffedb2768a6e24b55f993482e4c2b.jpeg

3C3FD3F8-DDD9-498E-80CA-18736E1001AB.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6