Cunard QE checkin procedures?

bazzaw

I know that Cunard requires a. full Covid vaccination and b. negative Covid test before joining.  The old QLD Checkin app has a facility to show a Digital Certificate (of sorts) but that App is now defunct. So how do we "prove" vaccination status?? 

As docker123 indicates, Medicare app has an option to display off line your Covid status both the national and the international ones.

If you haven't already installed the Medicare app or the my gov apps, you should do both those first.

Then you can go into the Medicare app and navigate to your vax page and follow their instructions there, for displaying the covid certificates off line.

If your having trouble after loading them, let us know and we will help you through it.

regards

• Like 1

From Medicare Express app you can download your vaccination certificate and email to yourself or safe as PDF. I have found Princess wanted to see a hard copy ( as did Qantas when flying internationally). Also had to upload the certificate to the Princess Medallion. Not sure what Cunard does about this (but will find out soon).

19 minutes ago, clairebearinaus said:

You can also just log into my.gov.au to get into your Medicare records. No need to download any apps.

That  is correct, but then you would not have a copy on your smart phone, that you can click on to show.

17 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

On our P&O and Princess cruises this year, we had to show the check-in person hard-copy versions of our vaccination certificates. We had already up-loaded them onto P&O's VeriFly and Princess' Medallion.

Yes we did too when we boarded on P&O, but they told us it was because they did not get the info from the app come through to them, and had to check each passengers details it effected. Some people evidently had no problems, others did. The cruise ship apps all seem to be a bit glitchy.

Will improve over time I hope.

4 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

On our P&O and Princess cruises this year, we had to show the check-in person hard-copy versions of our vaccination certificates. We had already up-loaded them onto P&O's VeriFly and Princess' Medallion.

For privacy reasons, the terminal staff can't view your vaccination records. Rightfully so.

Government requires the terminal operator to view such certificate, so you need to show them - digital version on phone or printed copy.

@bazzaw As suggested, linking your passport to your vax records on medicare will give you an internationally recognised certificate, which is pretty handy for cruising and recommended if you are using your passport as your cruise ID.

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

@bazzaw As suggested, linking your passport to your vax records on medicare will give you an internationally recognised certificate, which is pretty handy for cruising and recommended if you are using your passport as your cruise ID.

Hmm -I am pretty sure that my Medicare App can supply me with a printed copy of the Vacc certificat - but dont know how to link my passport to it!! ??

4 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

You want the International vaccination certificate - this asks for passport details. The certificate is the one required for o’s travel. It’s available at Proof of vaccination page - request an international certificate. 

But I am only going over the seas to Hobart 🙂 - dont think there will be any overseas trips for me for a while. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

But I am only going over the seas to Hobart 🙂 - dont think there will be any overseas trips for me for a while. 

Bit of covid on QE, Barry, take care and enjoy the voyage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Bit of covid on QE, Barry, take care and enjoy the voyage.

Bit of COVID on most ships.

I see Seven Seas Explorer, Carnival Splendour and Pacific Adventure are all listed as Level 1 by NSW Health - none at L2 or L3  at present but Cunard isn't due back to a NSW port for a bit, so will be interested to see what it is listed as.

Edited by Aussieflyer

1 hour ago, Wombat706 said:

If you are boarding at Sydney's OPT, just be aware WiFi availability is often patchy.  We make sure that we have paper copies of our docs.

Yes - it is actually easier to just pull out two bits of paper that trying to find 2 PDF files in my phone 🙂

2 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

Bit of COVID on most ships.

I see Seven Seas Explorer, Carnival Splendour and Pacific Adventure are all listed as Level 1 by NSW Health - none at L2 or L3  at present but Cunard isn't due back to a NSW port for a bit, so will be interested to see what it is listed as.

With a bit of extra precaution, things have settled down heaps.

Alas, Azamara Quest has just skipped Melbourne and listed with the NSW boffins as tier 2 for Eden tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Wombat706 said:

If you are boarding at Sydney's OPT, just be aware WiFi availability is often patchy.  We make sure that we have paper copies of our docs.

For this, we screenshot our certs and boarding passes. They look the same as finding/opening the originals on the phone.

2 hours ago, bazzaw said:

3 hours ago, Wombat706 said:
If you are boarding at Sydney's OPT, just be aware WiFi availability is often patchy.  We make sure that we have paper copies of our docs.

Yes - it is actually easier to just pull out two bits of paper that trying to find 2 PDF files in my phone 🙂

Actually if you go to the Medicare App, and load both the Covid certificates to the "View offline" part of the app, you just open the app, click the "View Offline Items" button their there to see anywhere you are, even in Timbuctoo, if you happen to be there and need to show them.

The app shows both local and international certificates for both my wife and I together.

We do carry copies with our passports as well, but don't always carry my passport while travelling. So its convenient if needed to enter somewhere that requires them.

If you have the apps on your phone, it doesn't take long to set the certificates up.

initial set up of the Gov app is a bit fiddly, as you fill in your personal info, but after that, it relatively easy.

Regards

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

With a bit of extra precaution, things have settled down heaps.

Alas, Azamara Quest has just skipped Melbourne and listed with the NSW boffins as tier 2 for Eden tomorrow. 

Just saw that and also a Aida ship added to Tier 1.