Turn Down to be reduced to once a day 2023!

ulster-cruiser

2 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Please keep us posted. We are in a 2 bedroom in April. The second room can stay in the nighttime configuration but I hope the sofa bed in the living room is not left out. If needed I can put away and make up at night but don't think I should have to. 

More importantly is my ice, I need ice at night available I get headaches and the ice bag helps.

Thanks for posting, enjoy your cruise.

This only effect those who are in steerage, suites and Haven no change so far

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

Anyone know if this has happened yet on the Escape.  Leaving Saturday and I'll pay extra to have extra bed put away.  

Curious who you think you could pay extra? The staff works their shift and then they are off, there is no one to pay. My guess is that they are having staffing issues. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

I'll pay extra to have extra bed put away.  

I'm a bit surprised a cruise line hasn't figured out how to monetize this.  If you want a second service, pay for it.  I'm sure staffing is a problem - how many 2nd services are you likely to have on any given cruise, but over time I'd think they could get an idea of roughly how many extra staff are needed.  

3 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Please keep us posted. We are in a 2 bedroom in April. The second room can stay in the nighttime configuration but I hope the sofa bed in the living room is not left out. If needed I can put away and make up at night but don't think I should have to. 

More importantly is my ice, I need ice at night available I get headaches and the ice bag helps.

Thanks for posting, enjoy your cruise.

are you in a 2 BEdroom Haven suite, if so you still get two services, 

On 12/28/2022 at 7:49 PM, Shidah said:

I can’t remember the last time I have had any service in a land hotel, it is a sign of the times.  Even staying 4/5 days for business, they don’t touch the rooms these days, and by the end I have garbage cans overflowing.  I take that back, Omni Hotel did, but rooms were over $600 a night.   Thankful they still do it once a day on ships.

We always travel (when by land but not by sea) with a roll of the small waste basket size trash bags. For some reason, the two of us make a lot of garbage. Off to add "waste basket bags" to my "What to take on a cruise" spreadsheet 🙂

44 minutes ago, cruiseagona said:

I will miss the fresh ice in the evening for my Coke. 😦 Will they have a styrofoam cooler out that we can all dip into for ice?

Ugh. Talk about germs and unsanitary

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cruiseagona said:

I will miss the fresh ice in the evening for my Coke. 😦 Will they have a styrofoam cooler out that we can all dip into for ice?

I am going to bring an insulated cup to put ice in and leave in the fridge for my evening ice needs. This will keep some ice very well until evening. 

I hope we will still get paper copies of the Freestyle daily every evening. I really like having this in addition to the app. I like to leave my phone in the safe for the duration of the cruise. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruiseagona said:

I'm thinking that's a hard NO,  But, assuming you are serious, you could pack a soft sided cooler bag and get ice from the buffet.  (Keep it in the shower so it doesn't leak all over the floor.)  We take one on road trips and have had it do double duty as a beach bag too.  If you get one the right size you can use it as your personal item on a plane.

27 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

If I offer to tip my cabin steward in only the vaunted $2 bill, will that get me more turn down service?  /s

Thank you! And I truly mean this from the bottom of my heart - you are my HERO! I can’t get enough of the I Tip With $2 Bills So The Crew Thinks I Am Special and Will Remember Me For The Rest of Their Lives comments.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 1/18/2023 at 1:07 PM, Cruising Lynne said:

I am going to bring an insulated cup to put ice in and leave in the fridge for my evening ice needs. This will keep some ice very well until evening. 

I hope we will still get paper copies of the Freestyle daily every evening. I really like having this in addition to the app. I like to leave my phone in the safe for the duration of the cruise. 

Me too.  I don't want to bother with my phone.