12-29-2022. Last weigh in for 2022

Izena

Well another year gone.  Seems time is moving faster.   I’m as bad as everyone not weighing every morning.  That will be one of my goals for next year.  

last weekend we had temps in the teens for a few days  —- yesterday it was 75 -  welcome to the Texas coast -   

Going out for breakfast today it’s my 73 birthday  -  best present is no signs of Alzheimer’s ( by this age my father no longer knew anyone - he called my mother that woman. He would tell anyone around he should have married that nice nurse he met in Japan - he did my mother was an army nurse. ) 

Hi all!

Izena ~ happy birthday & may you have many more happy, healthy ones. I'm thankful too to not have that dreaded disease that affected all my Mom's siblings & her, some for many years.

Belle ~ are any people wearing masks on the cruises?

I am in shock as I'm down 1.8 lbs & can't see why. I'll take & hope for more with my cruise being less than a month away.

Have a nice weekend & stay safe.

~ Jo ~😊

I stayed the same again this week.

I've written this post a few hundred times, but haven't posted ..... Izena & Jo ... I think we must be related.  My mom was one of 6 kids that lived to be adults .... one brother died in his 40's of heart disease ... my mom and her siblings all had heart bi-pass by the time they were in their early 60's. ( my mom had 6 done and they had to close her up and couldn't do anything more).  My mom and her siblings all had Alzheimer's ... one aunt by the time she was in her early 50's ... didn't live long with it.  It was noticeable with my mom by the time she was 60 and she lived for 20 years with it.  I can remember her thinking that there was someone living in the tv that was having an affair with my dad ...  The last coherent thing my mom said was that she loved me.  No one should live with it for 20 years ... even the heart doctor apologized for doing such a good job on her bi-pass.  Every day when I forget a word I worry about it happening.  I was so surprised to have cancer as I really thought I would have Alzheimer's first.  I do have an agreement with my doctor about testing for it .... I have a lot of living I want to do.

We all need to continue continuing on.  Jan

PS - Jo - I forgot to mention on a previous thread that our last cruise was on NCL.

PSS - Izena - Happy Birthday - Hope you had a wonderful day

Edited by Jan_In_Maine

Hi all!

Jan ~ I appreciate your post as I have the same fear when I forget a word, which seems to happen quite a bit. OTOH I think heck I'm older (76) & my brain has a lot of things to remember so can't do it all! My Mom didn't get her Alzheimers 'til about 70 & died at 75 as she had other problems. Some of her sisters got into their mid 80's with it & one of them, when hospitalized got perfume from the volunteers at Christmas, drank it & died!

Oh, NCL is the line I've sailed with most but my next cruise is Princess which I haven't sailed on since Oct 2008 so I look forward to seeing the difference. My last 2 cruise were NCL Star followed by Anthem of the Seas so I could really see the differences there.

Happy New Year to you & yours & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

Happy New Year 2023 Everyone! Enjoy the next two days what ever you do, Go out--stay home.

Jan, yes Alzheimers  is not a good word. As you know both my mother and husband had it.

We just have to keep keep'in on. Not think that we will have the same fate. Was nice your mother said

she loved you, you have that good memory.

So glad WE ALL enjoy cruising, keeps us going, keeps us young and gives us joy.

Jo good loss---Yes some passengers and crew are wearing mask. I am always,

with b2b cruises, new people getting on each time. Ship had paper that said to wear indoors with 

a lot of people not an order but request. Most don't. What I notice more passengers wearing more each cruise, is it because of winter, more flu, Covid coming out again--who knows?

I see some crew wearing masks more at times. Do they know something.

Izena Happy belated birthday. You made in time to be a tax deduction that year for your parents.

We had a friend who kept telling his wife have baby before the year was over. She was due

around the 1st. She had it before so he was happy. ( Really he would of been fine when ever

it was born.)

Take care and be safe.

• Like 1

Happy new year everyone.

Jo wow 1.8 that’s the most you’ve had in a week since I signed on over 2 years ago.

My dads family seems  most had some form of dementia  except his mom who died in her 40’s from breast cancer.  He was only 25 when she died — I was thankful he had Alzheimer’s  by the time I had breast cancer at age 41 - it would have broken his heart.  

spent last night at hotel to get away from fireworks will do the same tonight thinking there are bound to be more tonight since tomorrow is a holiday.  

I've ended  the year  at 128 which is the high end of my range.  Lowest was 123 which I maintained for months — interesting  was had 2 tummy tucks with skin removal and never lost an ounce.  I’m going to work on getting back on track — I can’t relax being afraid I’ll put it back on — thank goodness for this site it keeps me delegent.