Free water bottles for Vero water

marylovestotravel

18 minutes ago, marylovestotravel said:

A few years ago, we were promised free refillable water bottles for us to take ashore. What were these like? With your experience, would you recommend bringing your own?

Thanks

Mia

We were given free metal bottles, for daily refill, aboard ship. They work just fine. 

33 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Hi Mia,

they are not insulated so you decide what is best for you. We leave it on board and still grab a smaller plastic bottle on the way off the ship. 
see you soon in Buenos Aires.

Mauibabes, aka Gerry

I could not find any plastic water bottles available anywhere on ship during our 4-segment cruise Oct 18 to Dec 4 on the Marina.  May be different on other ships...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Did you look in the refrigerator in the fitness center?

Refrigerator in fitness center only has flavored vitamin drinks in plastic bottles. Are you referring to pouring them out and using empty bottles for water?

8 minutes ago, edgee said:

Refrigerator in fitness center only has flavored vitamin drinks in plastic bottles. Are you referring to pouring them out and using empty bottles for water?

Drink the vitamin water and then refill the plastic bottle with the Vero water in your cabin pitcher.

35 minutes ago, edgee said:

No, I was asking a question. 

My only issue with the free reusable bottle is that I wouldn't use it before sanitizing it.  I don't mind bringing my own insulated bottle with me and prefer not to use single use plastic bottles.

4 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

My only issue with the free reusable bottle is that I wouldn't use it before sanitizing it.  I don't mind bringing my own insulated bottle with me and prefer not to use single use plastic bottles.

We do not use plastic bottles either. On Marina now, and the Oceania non insulated metal bottles have been working well for us. The cap has a reliable seal, no water leaking in backpacks.

seachelt

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Hi Mia,

they are not insulated so you decide what is best for you. We leave it on board and still grab a smaller plastic bottle on the way off the ship. 
see you soon in Buenos Aires.

Mauibabes, aka Gerry

Hi Gerry,

Looking forward to the cruise!! Though I'm having travel anxieties about flying and transiting through Toronto. We've had a horrible Christmas season for air travel with winter storms.

See you on board!

Mia

1 hour ago, seachelt said:

We do not use plastic bottles either. On Marina now, and the Oceania non insulated metal bottles have been working well for us. The cap has a reliable seal, no water leaking in backpacks.

seachelt

Great!! They sound very usable and I won't have to bring our bottles.

Mia

2 hours ago, shepherd really said:

Can you have your room attendant do this?

Mia

• Like 1

Personally I did not like the provided reusable bottles. They sweat as the cold water warms up very quickly in your purse or backpack. They are also small and don’t hold a lot of liquid. I bring my own insulated water bottle. That is my preference.YMMV

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

Personally I did not like the provided reusable bottles. They sweat as the cold water warms up very quickly in your purse or backpack. They are also small and don’t hold a lot of liquid. I bring my own insulated water bottle. That is my preference.YMMV

I despise the Vero system. I do not like the taste of the water. The least Oceania could do is provide drinking water glasses in the gym for use with the Vero machine. If I do not want to drag the heavy container with me to the gym, I have to go to the spa area and get a glass, then walk to the Vero machine in the gym in order to drink water. There are other ways to avoid the plastic pollution problem. I much prefer Celebrity's idea of using recyclable aluminum bottles for water.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, edgee said:

. There are other ways to avoid the plastic pollution problem. I much prefer Celebrity's idea of using recyclable aluminum bottles for water.

I  thought Oceania provided personal aluminum  bottles to carry around on or offshore ??

Does Celebrity  give you a new bottle daily or how does it work?

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

I  thought Oceania provided personal aluminum  bottles to carry around on or offshore ??

They do - or at least did in November. @edgee may be referring to the large, heavy glass bottles of Vero water in the cabin (or finds the aluminum bottles heavy when full ...). 🍺🥌

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

What they provide is that rather heavy container which is somewhat unwieldy and heavy IMHO....but as you can see from above comments, some folks are fine with it.

1 minute ago, CurlerRob said:

They do - or at least did in November. @edgee may be referring to the large, heavy glass bottles of Vero water in the cabin (or finds the aluminum bottles heavy when full ...). 🍺🥌

Yes, I am referring to the aluminum bottles they expect you to carry around.

1 minute ago, edgee said:

What they provide is that rather heavy container which is somewhat unwieldy and heavy IMHO....but as you can see from above comments, some folks are fine with it.

Ed

I do not think the heavy bottle in the cabin were meant to leave the cabin  but someone did post a photo of the personal aluminum bottles  someplace here

7 minutes ago, edgee said:

Yes, I am referring to the aluminum bottles they expect you to carry around.

interesting 

I would probably take my own as I used to do in the past  we also have an insulated  to carry  it ashore in

similar to this

Vintage Coleman Water Bottle Holder - Picture 2 of 3

4 minutes ago, schmerl said:

Thanks for the photo. 

Is the opening large enough to put ice cubes in the bottle?

Yes to the ice - certainly for the shipboard sized cubes. Refrigerator cubes would be 1 or 2 at a time but would still fit. Only thing we found was that cold water/ice caused the bottles to sweat. We just wrapped it in a small towel when taking it ashore in a knapsack or bag. 🍺🥌

• Thanks 1