Cheers Drink Package: To buy or not to buy

Mr.Stumpy

So I am booked on a the Vista in June. I'm deciding if the Cheers package might be worth it this time. Last time I cruised on the Splendor I just ordered a bottle of Vodka to the room before the cruise and mixed it with juice at the Lido deck (which was free then, not sure if anymore with the Bottomless Bubbles). Outside of that wife and I only had a few drinks from the bar. That worked wonderfully for that cruise.

However now I am into different drinks like old fashioned, martinis, manhattans, etc. Then my wife likes her fancy coffees in the morning. Plus she like her fruity cocktails as well. So I am thinking the pre-cruise price for the Cheers package may be worth it.

Open to thoughts, ideas, and opinions. Thank you.

Edited by Mr.Stumpy

2 minutes ago, Mr.Stumpy said:

So I am booked on a the Vista in June. I'm deciding if the Cheers package might be worth it this time. Last time I cruised on the Splendor I just ordered a bottle of Vodka to the room before the cruise and mixed it with juice at the Lido deck (which was free then, not sure if anymore with the Bottomless Bubbles). Outside of that wife and I only had a few drinks from the bar. That worked wonderfully for that cruise.

However now I am into different drinks like old fashioned, martinis, manhattans, etc. Then my wife likes her fancy coffees in the morning. Plus she like her fruity cocktails as well. So I am thinking the pre-cruise price for the Cheers package may be worth it.

Open to thoughts, ideas, and opinions. Thank you.

We Cruise in 3 weeks and this will be the first time buying. We used the Cruise Drink Calculator (there's a website)and it showed that it was more than worth it for us. We too like Martinis, fancy cocktails from The Alchemy and good coffee. 

I use the Cheers package as an opportunity to try new drinks.  If I don't like something I simply don't drink it & don't feel bad about it.  Sounds like you could take advantage of the same situation.  Mixing your own drinks isn't as easy/relaxing as ordering from a bar.  I also like knowing exactly how much I'm spending...Cheers allows my mind to stay calmer & that helps make vacation more relaxing.  

Edited by bandjwayne
  • Like 2

As I have mentioned elsewhere, if you can afford it, yes, you should do it.

You should do it because a vacation is a time to relax, chill and forget about life, hassles and drink math.

Wanna a spur of the moment shot to celebrate your hairy chest win? Go for it, it's paid for!

Glass of wine with dinner? Paid for!

Espresso after dinner, Why not, paid for!

and on and on...you're on vacation, just order what you want whenever you want it (as long as it's less than 15 alcohol drinks a day)

Want a nice cold mango slushy drink from the bar but no alcohol? Go for it, it's paid for.

and so is your caramel half-caf skinny latte with cool whip and peppermint pumpkin spice sprinkles, why not?

Do it.....

tenor.gif?itemid=4413390&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EngIceDave said:

As I have mentioned elsewhere, if you can afford it, yes, you should do it.

You should do it because a vacation is a time to relax, chill and forget about life, hassles and drink math.

Wanna a spur of the moment shot to celebrate your hairy chest win? Go for it, it's paid for!

Glass of wine with dinner? Paid for!

Espresso after dinner, Why not, paid for!

and on and on...you're on vacation, just order what you want whenever you want it (as long as it's less than 15 alcohol drinks a day)

Want a nice cold mango slushy drink from the bar but no alcohol? Go for it, it's paid for.

and so is your caramel half-caf skinny latte with cool whip and peppermint pumpkin spice sprinkles, why not?

Do it.....

tenor.gif?itemid=4413390&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=

You can do it.

As noted in my above posted thread...once i did the drink calculator it was a no brainer.

A coffee in AM, soda at lunch, drink b4 dinner, couple glasses of wine with dinner & a nightcap....BINGO. WORTH IT.

I knew DH would easily get his $ worth. So I figured if I was a break even or even close it was worth it.

I admit, having been sailing Celebrity/Princess/NCL, we are spoiled with their all-inclusive packages so we haven't paid for drink packages in quite a while!

I think it was the 14 days cost that was a tough pill to swallow...

• Like 1

I didn't want to start another thread so I thought I'd ask here.  Does Cheers still include milkshakes?  I don't see it listed in the official description.  We're cruising with "free" Cheers in a few weeks and my wife asked about milkshakes since she's seen it mentioned when she did a little research into it..

Edited by tweak89

1 hour ago, tweak89 said:

I didn't want to start another thread so I thought I'd ask here.  Does Cheers still include milkshakes?  I don't see it listed in the official description.  We're cruising with "free" Cheers in a few weeks and my wife asked about milkshakes since she's seen it mentioned when she did a little research into it..

Yes, it does.

And thank you for not starting yet another thread about the drink package.

On 12/30/2022 at 9:10 PM, bandjwayne said:

I use the Cheers package as an opportunity to try new drinks.  If I don't like something I simply don't drink it & don't feel bad about it.  Sounds like you could take advantage of the same situation.  Mixing your own drinks isn't as easy/relaxing as ordering from a bar.  I also like knowing exactly how much I'm spending...Cheers allows my mind to stay calmer & that helps make vacation more relaxing.  

That's a super good point I hadn't thought of. Makes it easy to be a bit more adventurous. Thank you for the idea!

• Like 3

Can you afford it? That’s the first question you need to ask yourself. And if you can,  I’d say go for it. 
This is our first cruise with it coming up and we did the same thing. Should we, shouldn’t we? But ultimately we decided that getting on the ship and having very little other expenses sounded nice. And honestly, with having the drinks already paid for I assume we’ll consume more than if they weren’t. My husband and I were just debating about if we should pack a cup to fill at lido. Ultimately I decided we didn’t need to because we could just grab a bottle of water and take it back. Without cheers I would never walk up and order a bottle of water but you better believe I will this time! 

• Like 1

I haven't been on a Carnival cruise (Breeze) since 2016. Do they still make you sign paper receipts for each drink you order? I found that really annoying at the time. How do you add extra gratuity if wanted? (I usually bring cash with me but not always when Im at the pool). Looking at going on the Mardis Gras soon if that matters.

Edited by SRTcruisin

2 minutes ago, SRTcruisin said:

I haven't been on a Carnival cruise (Breeze) since 2016. Do they still make you sign paper receipts for each drink you order? I found that really annoying at the time.

Yes.  Even when it's part of a prepaid package and is "free" ($0.00 on the receipt)

1 minute ago, CajunOyster said:

Yes.  Even when it's part of a prepaid package and is "free" ($0.00 on the receipt)

Thanks for the fast reply. I'm surprised they still do this with all the covid/environmental stuff the cruise lines have been doing.