D+ Discount for Voom

artvlay

0We are both D+ so we each get two 24hour periods of internet. What discounts are available for D+ members to get a package?

Is it better to buy prior to the cruise or on the ship? Does it have to be purchased on the first day?

5 minutes ago, artvlay said:

0We are both D+ so we each get two 24hour periods of internet. What discounts are available for D+ members to get a package?

Is it better to buy prior to the cruise or on the ship? Does it have to be purchased on the first day?

No, buy anytime and your 24 hr usage is deducted. Not sure about any other D+ discounts but others will help out.

You get $51.98 off a package.

You can use this any time. 
Bare in mind the cost of the package drops at midnight every day so it’s already cheaper to apply / buy on day 2!

We usually make do with careful use of 2x 24hr accesses and then apply the $51.98 off the package when there are 3-4 days to go and it’s either very very cheap or free

D3BE0FB3-B3F6-4D22-92F6-6A91F2F3915C.png

Edited by little britain
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, artvlay said:

Here is mine from allure in dec. I do the surf and zoom for the rest of the cruise. Dont know if I need the higher one, but always get it.

My coupon is now 59.98 ... higher than what is shown above. Might have gone up?

20221216_002441672.jpeg

11 minutes ago, CFLRetired said:

So are you folks saying as a Diamond + I could use my 2 24 hours worth, then get a package and receive $51.98 or $59.98 off?

That's how you redeem your discount. You go to their ircl site and choose what you want to apply the discount to. Click yes ... and it is applied. Easy to apply but you decide how you want to apply it and what days. Later in the cruise I see it discounted and do it then. 

2 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Can you still log in and out of the 24 hr time? I used to create email offline and sign in 1x day to send/receive then log out. Could really stretch the free time that way.

It still cuts off at 24 hours. It doesnt just give you 24 hours of user time...its 24 hours .. if that's what you pick. I pick until the end of the cruise.  Its 24 hours time on a clock. 

We are D+, so we each get the two 24 hours of internet.  In the past, we've just stretched that out over the 7 days.  We use one of our D+ internet freebies to cover days 2 and 3, then the second one to cover days 5 and 6.  (We find free internet in port on day 4.)

This time I'm thinking we'll do the usual and cover days 2 and 3 with one of our freebies, but then do it differently by applying the second D+ benefit to a reduced price package on day 4 that will take us through the end of the cruise.  Will that work?

4 minutes ago, foxgoodrich said:

We are D+, so we each get the two 24 hours of internet.  In the past, we've just stretched that out over the 7 days.  We use one of our D+ internet freebies to cover days 2 and 3, then the second one to cover days 5 and 6.  (We find free internet in port on day 4.)

This time I'm thinking we'll do the usual and cover days 2 and 3 with one of our freebies, but then do it differently by applying the second D+ benefit to a reduced price package on day 4 that will take us through the end of the cruise.  Will that work?

Sure

Great!  This time we're sailing from NOLA on Jan 7, and it takes about 7 hours to sail down the Mississippi to the Gulf.  Thus, on day 1 we can get phone hot spot internet.   We'll do the usual freebie for days 2-3, then get the package for the remainder of the cruise with the other freebie.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, foxgoodrich said:

That's what we did when there were 2 of us

27 minutes ago, foxgoodrich said:

Yes. I wait until midnight to sign in for rest of the cruise as that's when they change the price to one day less charged. 

45 minutes ago, foxgoodrich said:

Great!  This time we're sailing from NOLA on Jan 7, and it takes about 7 hours to sail down the Mississippi to the Gulf.  Thus, on day 1 we can get phone hot spot internet.   We'll do the usual freebie for days 2-3, then get the package for the remainder of the cruise with the other freebie.  Thanks!

We will also be on this cruise for B3B.  Looking forward to it.  😀 sharing 4-24hr internet periods has never been a problem for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We will also be on this cruise for B3B.  Looking forward to it.  😀 sharing 4-24hr internet periods has never been a problem for us.

No, it's never been a problem for us either, but we thought we might try using one of our freebies for a package this time.

Looking forward to this cruise too!!  We just love that trip down the Mississippi on a cruise ship - all the river traffic is fascinating.  We have an aft balcony on deck 9, so we'll be out there waving to the folks out there in boats and ships.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, monorail81 said:

No. You can use your 2 24 hours OR get the discount on the package. 

IMHO, the 2nd D+ coupon discount can be used towards the remaining days of internet package.

Another scenario, with one device on at any given time, is to skip the first day as it's only 6-7 hours depending on when you depart.  Then use the 1st D+ coupon for day 2 & 3, follow that with the 2nd D+ coupon and it cover day 4 & 5 and then purchase the rest of the days in internet package.  Based on the per day cost of $24.99 on my December 4th Oasis sail, the bottom line estimated at around $50 ($24.99 x 2)

2 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Can you still log in and out of the 24 hr time? I used to create email offline and sign in 1x day to send/receive then log out. Could really stretch the free time that way.

Once you start the 24 hr time..that’s it. You can