RCCL cabin points

4 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Very rarely or maybe only once they offer(ed) double points.  We got 28 points each on our Alaska, Ovation, May 2022 sailing.  

There was a diamonds in december a long time ago. They got double pts. I wasnt yet diamond so didnt help me. 

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

There was a diamonds in december a long time ago. They got double pts. I wasnt yet diamond so didnt help me. 

Yep, sometimes it just doesn't get you over the hump.  But, appreciated anyway.  Those 28 points put me 3 points short of D.  I earned the 3 points on my 4 night cruise on Independence last October/November.  But, as you know, you don't get the earned tier benefits until the next cruise.  

19 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Yep, sometimes it just doesn't get you over the hump.  But, appreciated anyway.  Those 28 points put me 3 points short of D.  I earned the 3 points on my 4 night cruise on Independence last October/November.  But, as you know, you don't get the earned tier benefits until the next cruise.  

This was better. As you mention, everyone got double pts.

The one I mentioned diamonds in dec you had to be at least diamond or you didnt get double pts. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Back then didn't we get a credit - not points.    Basically, one credit for a cruise 9 nights or less.  So, for diamonds in December, one extra credit per cruise.   

At the conversion, credits  converted to the number times  7, and then a bonus amount (13 was max)   if you had lots of sailings.   Those with 100 credits became Pinnacle  

M