Oceanview Cafe dinner service being eliminated?

LMaxwell

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Add the onions and peppers plus a lot of bacon and pork belly, then throw out the beans and serve it on a roll with melted Gouda cheese and I would eat it. 😋

Something is wrong with my taste buds....I don't mind pork & beans  on occasion but not when its a main dish and I'm paying for steak (as an example).  BTW...they serve it as a side dish in the Lawn Club Grill, nicely spiced.

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Add the onions and peppers plus a lot of bacon and pork belly, then throw out the beans and serve it on a roll with melted Gouda cheese and I would eat it. 😋

As long as the peppers are added to the beans after they're thrown out, I'm good to go with that meal 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Does this mean the pork and beans will look like they can right out of a can?😁

I suspect some of you are kidding about the “pork ‘N beans” on the menu, but some folks may believe the tales of hot dogs and canned beans. IIn reality, Celebrity is having a bit of fun with you with the name. That menu item actually is pork tenderloin and Tuscan white beans with kale. Pretty tasty, I thought.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, redjetz said:

I suspect some of you are kidding about the “pork ‘N beans” on the menu, but some folks may believe the tales of hot dogs and canned beans. IIn reality, Celebrity is having a bit of fun with you with the name. That menu item actually is pork tenderloin and Tuscan white beans with kale. Pretty tasty, I thought.

Hold on.   I was good with the Pork and Beans until you added the kale.  No way will I eat that stuff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Had a nice conversation this morning from someone within Celebrity’s Executive Office. I’m sure that I’m one of many based upon the comments. I kept it professional but gave my feedback based on findings from a cruise last month plus the recent changes. Not sure that we will see many changes but at least I spoke up. 

Last week we booked a late May cruise to Alaska on the Solstice. Right now it’s a fifty-fifty chance that we go. It’s the first time in over twenty years that we did not book a suite/Retreat. After the Retreat experience on the Solstice last month we found that it’s not worth the money on this ship. At least for us. Over $8200.00 per couple for a Sky suite and over eleven grand for a CS. The sunset balcony stateroom was a great deal even with the AI upgrade to the Premium drink package.  On our cruise last month our butler delivered room service four times for breakfast plus delivered blankets for balcony use. Did not see the need for a butler. Other than five minutes just after embarkation, we never stepped foot in Michael’s Club again. We had the Premium drink package so we went to the different bars and lounges in the evening. We only dined four out of eight nights in Luminae and even then we picked some items from the MDR menu as the Luminae menu was hit and miss for us. We no longer see the value of the Retreat. It may different on ships with a full retreat but not on the Solstice. 

We did compare prices of the Solstice in a Sunset Veranda stateroom versus RCI’s Ovation in a hump large balcony stateroom. Both out of Seattle on the same date. RCI was actually more expensive by $100.00 and we would have had to purchase gratuities and internet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Well after two e-mails I never did get a response back...

Give it time. Though it took them from the 9th to 11th to call me. Not a bad response time, really 

• Like 1

Just now, MamaToMany said:

I saw that too. And people are commenting that they don’t believe it and this must be taken between meals. There are going to be some sad folks when they get onboard and see this for dinner. 

They're going to become believers real fast 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MamaToMany said:

I saw that too. And people are commenting that they don’t believe it and this must be taken between meals. There are going to be some sad folks when they get onboard and see this for dinner. 

Ahem.  This is what Celebrity said they were going to do.  Why would they not believe Celebrity?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

So now we have gotten to the point where very few are going to the OVC for dinner and they shut it down.

I will be in line for the MDR in my golf shorts in  front of people who love the MDR and now must wait longer than ever.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My children don't own tablets or video games, but they will before our next celebrity cruise because I really think the lines are going to suck and I don't care if they play with them at dinner that will take 90 mins. i am anticipating a 2+ hour experience

Edited by LMaxwell
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

My children don't own tablets or video games, but they will before our next celebrity cruise because I really think the lines are going to suck and I don't care if they play with them at dinner that will take 90 mins. i am anticipating a 2+ hour experience

Judging from the pics the 3 extra people joining the line for Select Dining aren't going to add much to your wait time. Waiters in Select are happy to serve you quickly just tell them when you arrive at the table. 

• Haha 2