Where do you book Princess transfers?

trinitygirl

Hi everyone, I have been trying to work out where, on the App or on the personaliser, I can add cruise transfers, but I simply can't find it.  I want to book a transfer from Rome city centre to the port, and then from central London to the port and from the port to Heathrow.  I am travelling alone so hiring a car looks very expensive, but I can't find any information on the website about the transfers.   For my Caribbean cruise with Celebrity, the transfer to Miami airport shows up in the excursion column, but I can't see it in any of the Princess excursion lists.  

I read in one column here that it should show up on the Flights tab, but it doesn't.  Is this another one of those quirks that those of us booked on the Australian version of the website have a different offering, and I need to call the call centre? 

thanks in advance

Emma

1 minute ago, riffatsea said:

I thought cruise transfers were from an airport to a port 

In Rome at least in the past there was a transfer from a Rome hotel to the ship. I did this several years ago

1 hour ago, trinitygirl said:

Hi everyone, I have been trying to work out where, on the App or on the personaliser, I can add cruise transfers, but I simply can't find it.  I want to book a transfer from Rome city centre to the port, and then from central London to the port and from the port to Heathrow.  I am travelling alone so hiring a car looks very expensive, but I can't find any information on the website about the transfers.   For my Caribbean cruise with Celebrity, the transfer to Miami airport shows up in the excursion column, but I can't see it in any of the Princess excursion lists.  

I read in one column here that it should show up on the Flights tab, but it doesn't.  Is this another one of those quirks that those of us booked on the Australian version of the website have a different offering, and I need to call the call centre? 

thanks in advance

Emma

It’s not on the App.  It is listed on the website, cruise personalizer, itinerary, excursions.  But, if you booked through a TA,  then you would call them to book it for you.  

At least, that’s what I’ve found on the US

bookings.

Emma, if you booked the cruise through Princess/CVP, then you would call them, if you don’t see an option to book it under the cruise personalizer.  TA, then you won’t see an option, call the TA. 

Edited by PacnGoNow

I'd first message my Rome hotel to see what service they could arrange

If the price seems too n high I'd go on the Roll call of your cruise v to see if someone would share with you

Ive been in Rome several times on my own and have used hotel car services or Romecabs.com services without ever thinking of the cruise line as my go to transfer

Ok, thanks both of you, I will do a comparison before I make any decisions; the hotel is quoting 160 euros plus tip. With luggage, I am not keen on taking the train but it is an option I guess.  Seems like I might have to call to get a quote from Princess because its not showing up anywhere in my personaliser.

9 hours ago, trinitygirl said:

Ok, thanks both of you, I will do a comparison before I make any decisions; the hotel is quoting 160 euros plus tip. With luggage, I am not keen on taking the train but it is an option I guess.  Seems like I might have to call to get a quote from Princess because its not showing up anywhere in my personaliser.

I have booked RomeCabs again:

2 passengers-2 suitcases/2 carryons

ship to Rome centre hotel 165 euro

Rome centre to airport FCO 65 euro

I realize your plans differ, but if you can find another solo/couple to share, you can do well.

I could not find transfer through Princess from Rome centre and would have had to go back to FCO for the transfer.

When you book Princess hotel package they transfer you from their hotel---they would not let us pay to be included in the transfer only.

• Thanks 1

There is a central London location (Victoria Coach Station) that one can book transfers to and from the pier on embarkation/disembarkation days only.

Not sure about Rome.

Contact whoever you booked with and they will set up the transfers.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Coral said:

There is a central London location (Victoria Coach Station) that one can book transfers to and from the pier on embarkation/disembarkation days only.

Not sure about Rome.

Contact whoever you booked with and they will set up the transfers.

This is true- used it several times. Was worth it.

2 hours ago, Coral said:

Yes...we use this one very often!  We stay literally right around the corner from the Coach station.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I believe you can only get a hotel transfer IF you booked the hotel through Princess.  Then it becomes an expensive transfer.  

I would check with your PVP or TA. Several years ago you could pay for the transfer from the Princess hotel even if you were not staying there.  It is quite a long way from downtown Tome to the airport

6 minutes ago, memoak said:

I would check with your PVP or TA. Several years ago you could pay for the transfer from the Princess hotel even if you were not staying there.  It is quite a long way from downtown Tome to the airport

I have recently checked this out for Rome and no was the answer. See my posts above.

Downtown Rome does offer transfers for $89 pp:

Name
spacer.gif TRANSFER: CITY CENTER TO PIER 
Description / Instructions
Motorcoach transfer from Rome City Center to the ship in Civitavecchia.  
Transfer is valid on embarkation day only.  
Passengers with pre purchased transfers can pick up the transfers from the  
below location.  

Hotel Occidental Aurelia  
Via Di Torres Rosas 80  
Tel: +39 06 6610551  

A Representative will be in the hotel lobby from 12:00pm  
onwards to greet the guests. Transfer will depart the hotel at 12:30pm.  
Transfer time to the pier is about 1 hour, subject to traffic condition.
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have asked before and been told no multiple times. Though - this fall, I do know someone was added to our bus in London who had not stayed there through the cruise line. Though this was done the morning of and there was space on the bus. I would not plan on this by any means. Previous buses I have had have been full and have not had space.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Coral said:

Name
below location.  

Hotel Occidental Aurelia  
Via Di Torres Rosas 80  

I will be calling Princess again. Thanks.

54 minutes ago, Coral said:

Name
below location.  

Hotel Occidental Aurelia  
Via Di Torres Rosas 80  

Coral it is now available in the personalizer:  from city centre Rome or airport to ship $120 CAD pp!! 
it did not say a hotel location , though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dog said:

Coral it is now available in the personalizer:  from city centre Rome or airport to ship $120 CAD pp!! 

Great! Every once in awhile I can be helpful. 

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dog said:

I just looked up the hotel and it doesn't seem that central. I would have thought it would be near Termini. I guess it depends on where your hotel is. Your original arrangements maybe better.

Or, reconfirm the hotel info is accurate. Maybe after you book it - it will appear under itinerary the location.

Edited by Coral

8 minutes ago, Coral said:

I just looked up the hotel and it doesn't seem that central. I would have thought it would be near Termini. I guess it depends on where your hotel is. Your original arrangements maybe better.

Or, reconfirm the hotel info is accurate. Maybe after you book it - it will appear under itinerary the location.

Ok it is $120 CAD pp

so that would be same as my RomeCab.

I will keep my private transfer to/ from hotel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Astors Belgravia. Rooms are very small, but then we're not staying a week!  Reasonable price but our main draw is the convenience/location. 

Rick and Jeannie, could you please tell me more about this. How do you get to your hotel from the airport and from your hotel to the train station?  We’re taking a TransAtlantic cruise in the fall and will be hitting London 3 days before the cruise; at this time, Princess is not offering pre-cruise travel packages for more than 1 day. 
Thanks,

Tammy