2023 Grand World Voyage with The Inside Cabin

The-Inside-Cabin

3 hours ago, Sea42 said:

I so agree with what you're saying. I've been following 4 other blogs for this cruise and it is very interesting reading the different views of the same cruise. My favorite, besides Pete's of course, is Debra's, who is on the ship with her teenage daughter:

https://livevicariouslythroughdebra.com/

She has such a refreshingly positive attitude, it is a joy to read each morning.

Yes Debra and Megan have a great outlook, even during the cancelled 2020 GWC when we all were sequestered in a Perth hotel to try to find our way home. And Megan is a bonus clutch player on anyone's trivia team. 😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

HERE is a link to many other world cruise blogs

Sorry Pete, I should have mentioned that I found the blogs that I follow for this cruise thru your website! That link has helped me pass the time these last few months until our cruise begins (3 days!!).

Thank you

• Like 2

We had our final formal night last evening and the Masquerade Party in the Crow's Nest

THE GRAND MASQUERADE
What better way to indulge in our final Formal night than to be
"in disguise" of the reality that awaits us in the days ahead. Never
mind packing, never mind home travel, don't even worry about a
thing but to live it up and forget about "those earlier" masks.
With this night, we've still got time to party, so let's!
9:OOp - 11:45p Crow's Nest,10

Our final Tuxedo Junction

finaltuxedojunction.jpg.c2c612646fa260475d6cdb3524ce0118.jpg

Table89.jpg.dcbe631138c6ee7055cfadeb085c551c.jpg

Table 89 - with host  3rd Officer Ciprian from Romania 

masequeradeball.jpg.a2af76f4e8919001c785eb81a41daec1.jpg

All masked up in the Crow's Nest

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sea42 said:

I so agree with what you're saying. I've been following 4 other blogs for this cruise and it is very interesting reading the different views of the same cruise. My favorite, besides Pete's of course, is Debra's, who is on the ship with her teenage daughter:

https://livevicariouslythroughdebra.com/

She has such a refreshingly positive attitude, it is a joy to read each morning.

It was one of the best, a lot better than the one from the pizza experts.

• Like 9
  • Haha 9

I check out them all, plus Oceania and Viking world cruise blogs. Some I read every day, every post, some I scan or look at the photos or menus. I like some better than others, am careful not to criticize any of the bloggers, I want them to continue blogging. It's a real commitment of time and energy to blog throughout a four month cruise. I appreciate all the bloggers and do not want to discourage any of them.

I am looking forward to a little more free time in the mornings when the world cruises end.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

HERE is a link to many other world cruise blogs

I've read all the posts on your blog, four of the ones on your list, and one other not on your list. 
Thanks to all for their efforts in keeping me up to date to the goings on, each from an individual point of view. 

Now that the cruise is ending I don't know how I am going to fill all the extra time I will have on my hands! Perhaps research more cruises for myself??? 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I've enjoyed reading your posts so much. I've been reading several blogs and

have been happily reading them with my afternoon cup of tea. I also really want to thank you for your website. In the back of my mind I always thought of doing a world cruise someday but my longest cruise so far was 15 days and the logistic were really daunting. And now I'm booked next year on the 94 day Grand Australia, the 28 day Alaska, and I have a future dam on the 2025 GWC. Yay for long cruises!

Edited by Cruising Is Bliss
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RuthC said:

I've read all the posts on your blog, four of the ones on your list, and one other not on your list. 
Thanks to all for their efforts in keeping me up to date to the goings on, each from an individual point of view. 

Now that the cruise is ending I don't know how I am going to fill all the extra time I will have on my hands! Perhaps research more cruises for myself??? 

My cruise critic posts were up to date but not as detailed.   I am continuing to publish  the more detailed posts on my blog for the next few weeks.    Thanks for following!    

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The highlight from yesterday was the crew talent show.   In the past, there were two different shows from the Indonesian and Filipino crews.   These were highly produced shows featuring many crew members.    Today's single show consisted of only individual and small group acts.  It lasted a little more than one hour.

Here are a few highlights

talentshow-2.jpg.e85959d516334d1087666a8286a4f275.jpg

talentshow-3.jpg.3bfa86afde531dd410e55fc023ed1f20.jpg

talentshow-4.jpg.0309fab444cebe2c87214352269be9db.jpg

talentshow-5.jpg.8a0000c0f3fe4c425a25937d182fc327.jpg

talentshow-6.jpg.20f05256e4224735fac2a6eaea34bfd3.jpg

All the performers returned to the stage for a standing ovation

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Thank you once again Pete!  I have loved my routine for the last few months, reading your blog along with many others!  Now, what will I do?  lol.  You always give so much information and your website has it all there to go over and over again!  I appreciate all of your hard work plus the info that you teach us all!  Have a safe journey home!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The ship was cleared in Fort Lauderdale a few minutes ago!    What a wonderful cruise!     Can't wait for 2024.   

IMG_3006.thumb.jpeg.b59b280491cd1484685b52326630e117.jpeg

where we started -128 days ago 

Our bags are on the way home!   

IMG_3002.thumb.jpeg.415ebd7049ac20c188920ccbe4f345a0.jpeg

we have a early pm flight.    Back in San Diego tonight !

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

On 1/2/2023 at 8:26 AM, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Here's the latest from The Inside Cabin

2023 World Cruise – The Adventure Begins (Post #1)

By The Inside Cabin on Jan 02, 2023 07:41 am
Click "Show More Posts" to show all the links to the other posts for the 2023 World Cruise

Luggage Forward Feature 1 of 1

Our bags are packed, and we’re ready to go.   Homecoming and Christmas all rolled into one.  We begin our 4th World Cruise for the first time – tomorrow. 

Any cruise is an amazing experience, but a cruise around the world is special, not only for its length, but because of the special and lasting relationships you will enjoy with other passengers, the cruise, and the various ports.  

FRESH EYES

One valuable perspective of any new hire into a company is they will bring their “fresh eyes” and see things that others have overlooked for years.  I have noticed something similar with first-time cruisers.  They will notice many of the amazing features of cruising that many with more cruises will not experience in the same way.  It’s difficult to avoid seeing the cruise through your past experiences, but we will work hard to try and recapture the joy and excitement of our first World Cruise and share that with you.

For the last two years, a small group of fellow cruisers has been meeting over ZOOM about every two weeks to discuss the various ports of our World Cruise.  On my website, you will see a link to the ZOOM replays where we have archived these discussions, and others may find them useful in future cruise planning.  

Packing light has never been something in our vocabulary, and we weren’t going to change our habits for this cruise.  The picture at the top of this post is what we sent early with Luggage Forward, and below is what we arrived with at Fort Lauderdale yesterday.  

Luggage-in-FLL.jpgOn the curb outside arrivals in Fort Lauderdale 

Our pre-cruise hotel is the Residence Inn in Plantation.  It’s an easy walk to the large Broward Mall and Target, and they have a shuttle bus to the Cruise Terminals.  This time we rented a car and will be dropping it off at the cruise port location.  This will be a first for us, and we’ll see how it goes.  

Here are a few highlights of our cruise.  

• 1500 guests (approx)
  • 128 Days – Jan 3rd to May 12th 2023
  • 30 Countries (61 Ports – 7 Overnights)
  • 60 Sea Days
  • 34,353 NM traveled

Take some time to explore my website and you will discover a lot of information about this cruise and copies of all the information we have received from Holland America in preparation for this cruise.  

Here is a 30-minute highlight video along with my First YouTube Short.  I am experimenting with YouTube shorts and may make more depending on the availability of the internet.  

Watch the Video

Watch the Video

The post 2023 World Cruise – The Adventure Begins (Post #1) appeared first on The Inside Cabin - Exploring the world from the inside cabin.

Hi Peter.  Thank you for the great cruise follow along.  I especially enjoyed sharing your dinner menu every night!  What size are those HD boxes please?  Are they the largest that the Luggage Forward program will accept?  Thank you and welcome back!