MDR reduced menu

crusinpeg

2 hours ago, CruiseRQA said:

Lobster snob?

Sure if the choice is Maine lobster v Caribbean lobster pick Maine.   But if the choice is between Caribbean lobster and a pork chop ... 

I would pick the pork chop, but they usually always have prime rib or beef wellington on those nights.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I just cannot understand why/how they would just do this mid-cruise.

It wasn't mid-cruise. It was the last night of our cruise. The changes were going into effect the next day, for the following cruise (which is happening now).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Oh I am not a cheerleader (and your too sensitive, it was a joke) I just booked an Oceania cruise rather than Celebrity, their cuts are ridiculous.

We are going to slide over to Windstar and Azamara for a while. Smaller ships seem to be my happier place as of late. 

2 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

I would pick the pork chop, but they usually always have prime rib or beef wellington on those nights.

It's always been wellington; prime rib used to always be on the first night but for whatever reason the Solstice offers it on the last night

On 1/2/2023 at 5:59 PM, crusinpeg said:

Just an example of more cut backs! Glad the cheerleaders don’t mind.

Well, I might be just a tad of a "cheerleader" for X, yet those changes or removals do not affect me, as I Am vegan and have customized meals at dinner... so my menu is usually never reduced... only reduced if the ingredients are not aboard...

Yet I do understand the upset and concern... just not mine, currently.

bon appetit and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
Further explanation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Well, I might be just a tad of a "cheerleader" for X, yet those changes or removals do not affect me, as I Am vegan and have customized meals at dinner... so my menu is usually never reduced... only reduced if the ingredients are not aboard...

Yet I do understand the upset and concern... just not mine, currently.

bon appetit and bon voyage

You are an ice cool character; unruffled and unmoved by any of the latest changes. The glasses aren't rose tinted, they might be fabricated from roses. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

You are an ice cool character; unruffled and unmoved by any of the latest changes. The glasses aren't rose tinted, they might be fabricated from roses. 

Thanks, then again when I was born, where I have lived and my life experiences and exposures, there are not too many things, in this realm (cruising), which will ruffle my feathers or move me to 'overt' action that many advocate about such things over which we do have control and/or can help to promulgate change, immediately and for the long run or just move on.

I have ruffled a few Officers feathers on several sailings about items which IMO deserved better attention by them immediately... once achieved, I just return to one of my favourite hangouts and relish the time on the seas or take a tour when we hit a port...

Yet, generally, I Am very chill when on an X ship, to be sure.

bon voyage

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Thanks, then again when I was born, where I have lived and my life experiences and exposures, there are not too many things, in this realm (cruising), which will ruffle my feathers or move me to 'overt' action that many advocate about such things over which we do have control and/or can help to promulgate change, immediately and for the long run or just move on.

I have ruffled a few Officers feathers on several sailings about items which IMO deserved better attention by them immediately... once achieved, I just return to one of my favourite hangouts and relish the time on the seas or take a tour when we hit a port...

Yet, generally, I Am very chill when on an X ship, to be sure.

bon voyage

Once onboard I'm only interested give praise when someone should be recognized, or have a friendly chat as I am meeting and learning about someone new.  If I never see or find guest services desk, that is a success. If I never have to ask for anything (nothing missing from room, for example), even better.

I ruffle feathers before and after to help ensure I, and others, receive what we bargained for when committing hard earned money and finite time.  I joined CC to find money saving tips. I was astonished to find so many are willing to accept less. Everyone can have an opinion. Often I am the lightning rod for sticking up for myself or pointing out complete logical fallacies in others arguments. I don't work for cruise companies and cost reductions aren't my thing. While I look for booking incentive, Credit card savings, ways to use points or promos, I am willing to then pay that going rate and still view cruising as a fantasy vacation detached from reality. 

They are trying awful hard to kill the fantasy. 

I doubt anyone from this forum could ever identify me onboard a ship if we struck up a casual conversation. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Once onboard I'm only interested give praise when someone should be recognized, or have a friendly chat as I am meeting and learning about someone new.  If I never see or find guest services desk, that is a success. If I never have to ask for anything (nothing missing from room, for example), even better.

I ruffle feathers before and after to help ensure I, and others, receive what we bargained for when committing hard earned money and finite time.  I joined CC to find money saving tips. I was astonished to find so many are willing to accept less. Everyone can have an opinion. Often I am the lightning rod for sticking up for myself or pointing out complete logical fallacies in others arguments. I don't work for cruise companies and cost reductions aren't my thing. While I look for booking incentive, Credit card savings, ways to use points or promos, I am willing to then pay that going rate and still view cruising as a fantasy vacation detached from reality. 

They are trying awful hard to kill the fantasy. 

I doubt anyone from this forum could ever identify me onboard a ship if we struck up a casual conversation. 

I truly like to fly under the radar, too... But as you can tell, my photo is out there, so no hiding behind a keyboard for me!!! LOL

I also want fellow passengers to have a pleasant sailing and if I hear of someone who is not, then I try to figure out how to get the "proper" staff to make it good, when and how I can... as they need to have a pleasant and fulfilling vacation as well...

Yet, that is me...

Often, I do not try to look for the "cheap" ways to get on a ship, I look for the best ways that offer good value for my down time and to interact with individuals that I would not ordinarily meet in my daily living... those individuals always add something to my experience.

I do not think that many on CC are willing to accept less vs complain about it more... Many figure out a way to increase the value either before, during or after the sailing or move on.

I do champion those who decide that X or any other line for all that matters, is not of value and move on... their money, their values, their decision and I do support it 110%, rather I agree with it or not.

If I trash talk anyone here, I readily apologize and when (or if) I meet aboard I profusely apologize again as it is truly not my goal... then as lgw and others have amply pointed out, ship happens and we sail on!!! LOL

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

I truly like to fly under the radar, too... But as you can tell, my photo is out there, so no hiding behind a keyboard for me!!! LOL

I also want fellow passengers to have a pleasant sailing and if I hear of someone who is not, then I try to figure out how to get the "proper" staff to make it good, when and how I can... as they need to have a pleasant and fulfilling vacation as well...

Yet, that is me...

Often, I do not try to look for the "cheap" ways to get on a ship, I look for the best ways that offer good value for my down time and to interact with individuals that I would not ordinarily meet in my daily living... those individuals always add something to my experience.

I do not think that many on CC are willing to accept less vs complain about it more... Many figure out a way to increase the value either before, during or after the sailing or move on.

I do champion those who decide that X or any other line for all that matters, is not of value and move on... their money, their values, their decision and I do support it 110%, rather I agree with it or not.

If I trash talk anyone here, I readily apologize and when (or if) I meet aboard I profusely apologize again as it is truly not my goal... then as lgw and others have amply pointed out, ship happens and we sail on!!! LOL

bon voyage

Celebrity's prices are currently, IMO, very high.  I know there is a lot of consternation over the MDR, room service charges, etc etc etc.  I am not loyal to any cruise line, I def do not cruise enough to be loyal to any line, (though I do know Celebrity will always be one of my go to) I am far more loyal to my own personal finances and what I am comfortable paying, for anything I do, though I do like to travel on the higher end of the spectrum whenever I can and Celebrity offers that for my style.

So, a cruise in May 2023, 7 days, Med. I compared Celebrity to Oceania.  O had what I felt was a better port itinerary and they had a FAR less $$$ cost, so making the decision was easy.  Have not sailed on O but have no doubt the new ship will be lovely, the crew awesome, the food wonderful and the ports look incredible.

I did not do this because I felt Celebrity was nickle and diming, I did it for a cost savings of $4K and some great ports of call.  I love the Celebrity product, crew & service, food, entertainment and the Edge is hands down the nicest ship I have spent my vacation time on, hard stop!  After my next cruise on O and we start looking for where to next (we've already started that process) Celebrity is definitely in the mix, no matter the new introduction of additional (possibly maybe costs, as the Eye News Team is still investigating) but paying a room service charge of $10 bucks or so a few times on a cruise or not having access to dinner in OV which I never use, won't bother me at all, esp compare to spending thousands on the cruise another $200 or so certainly is not going to make or break my vacation and let's be honest here, it is NOT going to break anyones bank, can you say first world "problem"!  

• Thanks 1

I know the app is not entirely accurate pre sailing, but looking at  Main dining for The Beyond on 1/22, all daily appetizers and entrees are showing a reduction to only three choices on each.
Hopefully someone onboard can say this isn’t accurate and the 5 various selections  are indeed intact.  

27 minutes ago, mari10 said:

I know the app is not entirely accurate pre sailing, but looking at  Main dining for The Beyond on 1/22, all daily appetizers and entrees are showing a reduction to only three choices on each.
Hopefully someone onboard can say this isn’t accurate and the 5 various selections  are indeed intact.  

While I never looked at the menus on the app pre-cruise because it didn't matter to me.  I do know in Luminae they offered the "classics" everyday but I honestly can't remember how many entree or app offerings they had available each day.  I seem to recall it was three but perhaps four?  Either way, I was always able to find something I enjoyed and did try to mix it up day to day.  Though I will say I had creme brulee as dessert more often than not.  All I know is that whatever I ordered and ate was delicious.

• Like 1

I was looking at the current menus for Beyond on the Jan. 3 -8 cruise and indeed the number of Signature Starters and Entrées has gone from five choices each to three choices each.  I'm super disappointed. They eliminated the Crispy Thai Beef Spring Rolls, one of my favorites. Also Prime Rib, Crab Cakes and several other favorites.  I've been tracking the menus since July and had all my meal planned out based on the menus they used for the last six months.

14 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

I was looking at the current menus for Beyond on the Jan. 3 -8 cruise and indeed the number of Signature Starters and Entrées has gone from five choices each to three choices each.  I'm super disappointed. They eliminated the Crispy Thai Beef Spring Rolls, one of my favorites. Also Prime Rib, Crab Cakes and several other favorites.  I've been tracking the menus since July and had all my meal planned out based on the menus they used for the last six months.

They have just eliminated at least eight Starters or Entrées I was planning to order. That count may go up when I see what they are eliminating from Standardized Menus 3 & 7.

I hugely disappointed with Celebrity right now.

Guest 4-2-N-8
On 1/2/2023 at 3:06 PM, crusinpeg said:

Sorry my sense of humor must have been asleep! I agree  with ridiculous cut backs from a line that was thought to be a cut above!

I'm gettin' a bad feelin' about this...

Guest 4-2-N-8
6 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

😳

I'm not sure what I'll be eating tomorrow, let alone a week from now.

You plan what you'll be eating half a year out?

You're psychic!🧝‍♂️