Room Pics for 4 people?

Southerngal410

why dont you try the 2 bedroom suite, or one of the larger suites available. there is ample room for 4 people, and inthe 2 bedroom, there is also a separate bathroom and stall shower.

the extra bedroom and shower come in mighty handy

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

This is what a pullman and lower bed arrangement looks like in a balcony.  No idea of the date.

NorBal111-58558-1513350067.jpg

NorBal117-62623-1578672479.jpg

That was our set up in a club balcony on Bliss, a tad tight but perfectly doable considering the amount of time one spends in their cabin

10 hours ago, complawyer said:

why dont you try the 2 bedroom suite, or one of the larger suites available. there is ample room for 4 people, and inthe 2 bedroom, there is also a separate bathroom and stall shower.

the extra bedroom and shower come in mighty handy

Because not everyone can afford one of those cabins. On certain itineraries the difference in price can be a couple of thousand dollars

• Like 1

it was just a suggestion. 4 people in  balcony (or even a club balcony) with only 1 bathroom, can get mighty uncomfortable, especially if you're all trying to get ready at once. 

also, if one (or more) of you need to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, unless you're really quiet, it could disturb the other sleepers. we've done it a few times when my grandson was younger (he's now 23) and it worked ok. 4 people i think is pushing it.

i think  booking an ocean view might even be a worse case scenario.  if cost is a factor, why don't you try and book 2 adjoining ocean view cabins. this gives all 4 of you breathing room

• Like 2

We have four people in our balcony room when we sail: myself, my husband and our boy/girl Twins.  We started cruising with the Twins when they were three and both would fit on the pull out couch side-by-side.  On our cruise last summer, they had just turned 9 so we used the pullman and the couch.  Having the balcony was HUGE.  We had a place to hang out once we put the kids down for bed, and it gave us a place to hang out during the day so we weren't literally on top of each other. I have been in an oceanview room with three adults and it was very, very tight.

On 1/2/2023 at 8:48 PM, Southerngal410 said:

Does anyone have room pics of it set up to sleep 4 people in either an Oceanview or Balcony room? Considering a family cruise this summer for the first time and have been on the Escape before but never seen the sleeping arrangements for 4. Thanks! 

The Family Oceanview looks like a nice cabin. I like the curtain that separates the bunk area.  I like that area has their own TV too (which is great if you bring a Fire stick- I THINK you can do that?).  

If you can swing a Large Balcony, I would go for that over a regular balcony.  I think all 4 of you can be outside comfortably on a large balcony. 

We have sailed many times in one cabin when our two children were teens opting for the club balcony suite with large balcony--for the bigger bathroom and extra balcony space to hang out on.    We did what we had to do to make it work as spending nearly double was not an option with college on the horizon.     Just because it does not work for some, does not mean it cannot work for others.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

We have sailed many times in one cabin when our two children were teens opting for the club balcony suite with large balcony--for the bigger bathroom and extra balcony space to hang out on.    We did what we had to do to make it work as spending nearly double was not an option with college on the horizon.     Just because it does not work for some, does not mean it cannot work for others.

Exactly! I love when someone poses a question like this and you have answers telling you to book a suite well if one could afford a suite then they wouldn’t be here posing a question like this. We are not all well to do and can drop over 10k or more with the pricing currently on a suite. 

We did a club balcony on Bliss for Alaska, 3 adults and 

an 8 year old, sure it was a tad tight but we weren’t in the cabin that much. It had beat the alternative of thousands not  hundreds but thousands more for two balconies or a suite. 

Edited by njkate
  • Like 3