Apex veranda question

itsawonderfullife

47 minutes ago, itsawonderfullife said:

Hi,

We're sailing on the Apex in June.  Can't wait!

I'm really confused about the different Veranda types on Celebrity Apex. We booked an Infinite Veranda, but I see there is also a Sunset Veranda and another type?  Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks,

Debbie

As others have said the cabin you booked is an Oceanview cabin with a window that opens and furniture that will simulate a balcony but in reality it's just an open window. You don't actually step outside from your cabin to an outdoor balcony but you're just at an open window with the option to close some frosted glass doors to make a pretend balcony. It can be a really nice cabin since the window is floor to ceiling glass, so you get to lots of light and views, and when you open the window you'll get fresh air. But if you like spending time really being outside sitting on a balcony the infinite veranda isn't he going to work for you in that way. 

Edited by kwokpot

Many people have strong feelings about the infinite verandas (IV).

We don't.

We had a Sunset Veranda on the Edge & loved it.

IV on Apex & loved it too.

I've sat out on "true" balconies & thought--uh, walls on the side, a ceiling, a railing...um, IMO there is not a huge difference. 

I love how the IV extends the room. 

Now, we do no spend an enormous amount of time on any balcony so that might skew our opinion.

If you like to sit out there while a spouse sleeps, THAT doesn't work too well--the mechanism to lower the window is loud.

I say give it a try & see how you feel.

I would book a Sunset Veranda if the prices were similar; but SV is usually quite a bit higher.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KKB said:

Many people have strong feelings about the infinite verandas (IV).

We don't.

We had a Sunset Veranda on the Edge & loved it.

IV on Apex & loved it too.

I've sat out on "true" balconies & thought--uh, walls on the side, a ceiling, a railing...um, IMO there is not a huge difference. 

I love how the IV extends the room. 

Now, we do no spend an enormous amount of time on any balcony so that might skew our opinion.

If you like to sit out there while a spouse sleeps, THAT doesn't work too well--the mechanism to lower the window is loud.

I say give it a try & see how you feel.

I would book a Sunset Veranda if the prices were similar; but SV is usually quite a bit higher.

Sitting" outside " while your spouse sleeps doesn't work at all as you have to completely lower the blind to open the windows. 

All the time the window is open (even just a bit) the Aircon automatically turns off and stays off until the window is shut. The Captain can override /lock the windows shut at any time even when the ship is in port.

IV may be great for passengers who like the idea of a balcony but don't really use it much. The chairs are low backed with no recline, the table is minute and there are no footstools.

1 hour ago, KKB said:

You forgot about the biggest difference: the exterior door behind you that you used to go outside as opposed to still being inside your cabin.

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

You forgot about the biggest difference: the exterior door behind you that you used to go outside as opposed to still being inside your cabin.

Yeah I guess…u can close the bifolds.

To me no difference.

But I realize many HATE it.

Different strokes for different folks!

3 hours ago, the penguins said:

Sitting" outside " while your spouse sleeps doesn't work at all as you have to completely lower the blind to open the windows. 

All the time the window is open (even just a bit) the Aircon automatically turns off and stays off until the window is shut. The Captain can override /lock the windows shut at any time even when the ship is in port.

IV may be great for passengers who like the idea of a balcony but don't really use it much. The chairs are low backed with no recline, the table is minute and there are no footstools.

I’ve heard people have going ways to override the A/C thing, but I never tried. Wasn’t uncomfortable in March but I could see it being so in summer.

Again, I know many hate them, but many are ambivalent (like me) & some love them

4 hours ago, the penguins said:

The chairs are low backed with no recline, the table is minute and there are no footstools.

Exactly. Not the most comfortable. I’m surprised that more people haven’t mentioned this. It’s truly cheap outdoor furniture and frankly, I expected better. High with a supported back with an optional recline would be nice . And a bit larger table with space  to put a couple of things on. 

14 hours ago, mickeysgal said:

Exactly. Not the most comfortable. I’m surprised that more people haven’t mentioned this. It’s truly cheap outdoor furniture and frankly, I expected better. High with a supported back with an optional recline would be nice . And a bit larger table with space  to put a couple of things on. 

Oh, it may be cheaply made, but I'm certain they paid dearly for Kelly Hoppen's "masterful" designs.

Seriously...do NO ONE think to test every chair design they bought for comfort?

About two weeks ago I had to go to office to meet with someone who said, please have a seat. I said, no —  those chairs are too uncomfortable and I don’t think I can stand up after sitting in one because they are so low. He said. Went back today, there are new chairs.  Wish Celebrity would do the same!