Printing Luggage Tags: Must Be in Color?

teddie

Hello, and thanks in advance...

How important is it to print out the luggage tags in color?  I only have a B&W printer.  Should I go to Staples and pay for color print outs, or is it a non-issue?

Teddie

53 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Color can help expedite sorting, but in the end they the bags will get to your room with all the others.

Did not know that.  we only have a B&W printer so that is all we ever do.

No need B&W is fine.  However, I would buy some luggage tag holders to put them in.  I bought some years ago and use them when we cruise.  I cut down the tag, fold in half, and insert in the holder.  They have really strong steel loop chains to attach to your luggage.  Much better and easier than folding, stapling, and/or laminating.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, moposh said:

Is there generally someone at the port able to staple or tape luggage tags.  I'll be flying and won't put on luggage tags until I get to port.  Wondering if I have to pack tape.  Thanks.

That's a good case for going to Amazon and searching for cruise luggage tag holders (like mentioned a couple of posts ago).  They're plastic, you slide your luggage tags into them, then use a steel cable (included) to attach them.  You put them in the outside pocket of your luggage before flying, then at the hotel you take them out and attach them to your luggage, and voila! you're ready to drop them off with the port porters.

• Like 4

We never print them out ... We get them (airline type) from one of the terminal porter's...write our cabin # on them...attach them and we're good to go. We've been doing this since RCI stopped mailing tags out (so a long time) and have never had a problem. 

21 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

I have no idea where we would get our luggage tags? We sail in 10 days so I guess we will figure it out at the pier.

I miss the days of the luggage tags coming in the mail. It really made the cruise feel like it was really happening!

Luggage tags were the last page of our edocs. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Color can help expedite sorting, but in the end they the bags will get to your room with all the others.

we have always printed in black and white and always have our luggage by late afternoon….

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

I have no idea where we would get our luggage tags? We sail in 10 days so I guess we will figure it out at the pier.

I miss the days of the luggage tags coming in the mail. It really made the cruise feel like it was really happening!

log onto your account on the website (not app).  Click on view/edit Set Sail Pass.  You will then see a link to view luggage tags…..print them from there.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, moposh said:

Is there generally someone at the port able to staple or tape luggage tags.  I'll be flying and won't put on luggage tags until I get to port.  Wondering if I have to pack tape.  Thanks.

The porters who take your bags have staplers and/or tape (as well as extra blank luggage tags).

• Like 1

I am a bit OCD.  Not only did I print mine out in color, I Photoshopped them to remove the "fold/staple here" lines, and slightly enlarged them to fully fill the plastic tag holders from Amazon.  😛

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Porter puts a tag on them!

But you are dependent on a porter to actually write the correct numbers and the ship’s personnel to be able to read the porter’s handwriting. 

Print your tags. 

Put one tag on the top handle and one tag on the side handle. 

Easy. 

• Like 2

On 1/5/2023 at 12:42 PM, moposh said:

How does your luggage get to your room?

Make one out at the pier when you give luggage to the porter.  However, I feel that's pretty inconsiderate as it takes up the porters time when they could be picking up other passengers luggage.  Can you imagine how slow it would be if everybody waited and filled out their tags at the pier while the porter stood around and waited?

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE
  • Like 2