Sundress Weather in Mediterranean Late April ?

candycaramel

I have a vision of packing and wearing a couple of nice sundresses on my Mediterranean cruise next April.

I looked up the weather for Italy, Greece and other countries to be visited and I am concerned that it may be raining and highs may be in the 60's.

What have been your experiences traveling to the Mediterranean in late April to early May?

Edited by candycaramel
  • Like 1

• candycaramel changed the title to Sundress Weather in Mediterranean Late April ?

We have sailed to the Med three times, with port calls in early May.  I wore long pants every time, with just a jersey on the warmest days, or jersey (heavy or light) plus jacket the majority of the time. I had the best luck with layers, if I was going to be out all day; even on a sunny day I was glad to have long sleeves in the morning.

Of course, my experience could be totally different from yours!

If you will be visiting any cathedrals, you might need to cover your shoulders/arms.

Edited by shipgeeks
add
  • Like 3

On 1/5/2023 at 11:51 AM, candycaramel said:

I have a vision of packing and wearing a couple of nice sundresses on my Mediterranean cruise next April.

I looked up the weather for Italy, Greece and other countries to be visited and I am concerned that it may be raining and highs may be in the 60's.

What have been your experiences traveling to the Mediterranean in late April to early May?

We sailed from Venice to Athens in early May. In Venice, it rained and was cold for 3 days. Italy doesn’t allow the heat to be turned on after May first. We couldn’t get the water heater to work for more than 2 minutes at a time and the extra blankets were locked up. 

By the time we got to Athens, it was blazing hot. I second the layers suggestion. We always travel with raincoats in a pouch and I like twin-sets. I would take a combination of long pants, capris and shorts but not too many light sundresses. 

I am going to Greece in April and will be bringing cotton cropped pants for touring. I am not a "dress gal" so sundresses are never a part of my cruising attire. I will check the weather on a constant basis about a week before I leave to see if and what any changes I need to make.

• Like 1