MSC upgrade offer email

umpisoccer

We are booked on the MSC Meraviglia for the July 9th 2023 cruise out of New York.   When should I receive an upgrade offer from MSC?  We have an interior Yayht club room and I am hoping to get a chance to bid on the numerous balcony and suite Yayht club rooms that are still available on our cruise.   My wife and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary on this cruise.  Thank you.

I've booked two Yacht Club innercabins on the MSC Bellissima on January 14th. The booking were done directly at the MSC site. Later one of the inner cabin were upgraded to the YC Suite for free and other cabin not. Two weeks ago I mentioned MSC about the differences in the cabins and the next day both cabins were upgraded to YC suites with balcony. No upgrade offerings but just a pleasant surprise.

Edited by blordos

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

Has anyone’s upgrade minimum cost been around the same as the cost to just upgrade?? My sailings in a Feb are. Its bazaar. Why even have the program? I’m curious what your min bid amount is compared to a paid category upgrade cost?

Our last trip was first offer about same as booking out right.  Next was more.

Next trip we have three rooms on b2b.  Our offer was not much savings.  Second room minimum a bit higher.  Third offer now lower than first two but not much savings.

Our last trip was pretty empty in YC until about ten days out.  Magically YC pretty full.   Think they are getting enough to fall for it.

We sailed the Seashore in Dec 2021, the Yacht Club upgrade was ridiculously good.

We loved the YC, so much booked a YC inside on Meraviglia in April, even though never sailed in an inside and only our first 2 cruises ever were not balconies.

Just got the upgrade email, I have been watching prices and YC is pretty open with available room. The minimum bid to upgrade from YC inside to YC Deluxe was about $400 in total cheaper than the best price I could have paid. We put the minimum bid in and wait and see,

On 1/7/2023 at 1:35 AM, blordos said:

I've booked two Yacht Club innercabins on the MSC Bellissima on January 14th. The booking were done directly at the MSC site. Later one of the inner cabin were upgraded to the YC Suite for free and other cabin not. Two weeks ago I mentioned MSC about the differences in the cabins and the next day both cabins were upgraded to YC suites with balcony. No upgrade offerings but just a pleasant surprise.

Was your inside rooms the "physically challenged" rooms? 

On 1/17/2023 at 6:01 PM, TampaGambler said:

Has anyone that is going on the seascape March 12th received the upgrade email?

My post was a typo. I’m supposed to be in the March 12th cruise and I got one. Not the 19th. 

We won’t be going though but haven’t cancelled. 

12 minutes ago, onejeepster said:

Just a question regarding the email upgrade offer. If I receive an email upgrade for our April Cruise will I lose out on our original room credit and Easy Plus drink package?

If you added the Easy Plus after booking and paid for it you can TRY to get it reimbursed.  If it was included a part of the cruisefare you will not get any credit for it.  You should keep the OBC

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 8:29 PM, BoundForSea said:

Has anyone’s upgrade minimum cost been around the same as the cost to just upgrade?? My sailings in a Feb are. Its bazaar. Why even have the program? I’m curious what your min bid amount is compared to a paid category upgrade cost?

Yup, the starting bid on the upgrade email we got was just about the same as booking outright

2 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

If you added the Easy Plus after booking and paid for it you can TRY to get it reimbursed.  If it was included a part of the cruisefare you will not get any credit for it.  You should keep the OBC

Thanks so much.  🙂

2 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

I upgraded from Fantistica to YC1 and they gave me my OBC.

I got an upgrade email for an April cruise and I looked up the cruise cabins that are left. They don't seem to match up. There is an option to bid on YC and suites, but there aren't any left when I look up the cruise. Does anyone know why they do this? Do they actually have the cabins?

18 hours ago, lancelaura said:

I got an upgrade email for an April cruise and I looked up the cruise cabins that are left. They don't seem to match up. There is an option to bid on YC and suites, but there aren't any left when I look up the cruise. Does anyone know why they do this? Do they actually have the cabins?

Data mining.  They use the same third party company NCL.  Other reason if someone cancels and someone else upgrades there is a room opening.