need help - 1:30-2pm checkin time given by ncl for 3 pm departure

kitkat343

Our ship is leaving at 3 pm.  My assigned boarding time i s 1:30 - 2 pm but the boarding pass also says you need to be on board 2 hours earlier (by 1 pm).  I called NCL and they were very confused and said they don't know what's going on.  If we show up during our boarding window, would customs deny our boarding (I can't imagine the ship would since the boarding pass also says we can't board earlier than our time and I'm supposed to be there from 1:30-2)

Edited by kitkat343

Just show up when you need to.   Most reports here are that no one at the cruise terminals is paying any attention to what time you were assigned for arrival when you did your check-in.

(And "customs" has nothing to do with your boarding the ship.)

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Travelling2Some said:

Don't worry.  You can show up whenever you want.  If you want a good laugh, our last cruise embarked from New York and the instructions on our boarding pass told us to go to the terminal in Miami.  Mixed messages are common.

Thats too funny!  It does make my boarding pass seem totally reasonable by comparison.

I'm on the Getaway 1/8 cruise from NY to Barbados and the Dominican Republic, except there's no DR because NCL ran a ship aground last march but kept advertising the cruise as visiting the DR.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

Thats too funny!  It does make my boarding pass seem totally reasonable by comparison.

I'm on the Getaway 1/8 cruise from NY to Barbados and the Dominican Republic, except there's no DR because NCL ran a ship aground last march but kept advertising the cruise as visiting the DR.  

See you tomorrow..... I would just arrive between 11:00am -Noon. Boarding won't begin until 11:30amish for Non Haven

2 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

Our ship is leaving at 3 pm.  My assigned boarding time i s 1:30 - 2 pm but the boarding pass also says you need to be on board 2 hours earlier (by 1 pm).  I called NCL and they were very confused and said they don't know what's going on.  If we show up during our boarding window, would customs deny our boarding (I can't imagine the ship would since the boarding pass also says we can't board earlier than our time and I'm supposed to be there from 1:30-2)

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

(And "customs" has nothing to do with your boarding the ship.)

Show up at any time. Be there before 1:00. 

And yes, if you show up late and your name does not make the manifest transmitted to them, immigrations and customs will not allow you to sail. 

My cruise that leaves a week from today has a departure time of 4 p.m. which means last chance to board is at 2 p.m., right? But when I signed up for my check-in time they had a 2:30 option. I have no idea what they were thinking.

On 1/7/2023 at 6:27 PM, kitkat343 said:

We go early all the time...if the cruise line says "you're early" I say, "there was no traffic, and I thought there would be more..sorry"...we tend to get there 11 am- 12 noon ( the latest) no matter what time they say...I have been on 43 cruises and never had a problem on 7 cruise lines...and always do your check in as early as possible..if you booked late, this is what happens...if the cruise line says 1 pm, get there at noon, and tell them "there was no traffic and we got a parking spot right away"...always works for us..good luck & enjoy the cruise..

Big Al