Good Spirits at Sea - Cocktail Experience

CruisnDeb

The good spirits bar has some very delicious drinks. So whenever you see the cocktail experience it just means at that time of day when you order one of the good spirits specialty drinks they play a video of that destination where the drink is supposed to remind us of. My favorite drink at that bar is the vanilla Sky. The worst part about it is it's way too easy to drink so you just kind of keep wanting more.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

The good spirits bar has some very delicious drinks. So whenever you see the cocktail experience it just means at that time of day when you order one of the good spirits specialty drinks they play a video of that destination where the drink is supposed to remind us of. My favorite drink at that bar is the vanilla Sky. The worst part about it is it's way too easy to drink so you just kind of keep wanting more.

Thank you for the info. Guess I will need to make my way there a couple times. I may have to try the vanilla sky drink. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CruisnDeb said:

Thank you for the info. Guess I will need to make my way there a couple times. I may have to try the vanilla sky drink. 

You're welcome! You'll definitely enjoy the variety of specialty drinks there.

2 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I like the Vanilla Sky but my favorite is Key Lime Martini, which I discovered last month, followed by The Butterfly.  

Key Lime Martini is my favorite followed by Vanilla Sky.

Caribbean Cruise Enchanted Princess Key Lime Martini 12 09 2022 PC090010 lum.jpg

Hawaii Ruby Princess Vanilla Sky 10 16 2022 IMG_7220 lum.jpg

Edited by Parrottdizes
added a word
  • Like 2

At the special times, the bartenders turn on a camera so that everyone can see them preparing the cocktails on the big screen behind them.  They play some music, and describe the process of making the drinks.  They also play the good spirits videos.  

The rest of the evening they can make you the drinks but without the "show" as there are other activities going on in the piazza.   

They only bring the fresh ingredients to the bar in the evenings.  You cannot order the special drinks during the afternoon because the ingredients have not yet arrived.   

If you google "good spirits at sea" and look for videos, there are many posted from other people's vacations.   

Each drink comes with an episode of the show.  I found one episode here:   I'm sure the rest are on the internet as well.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, Wonderinggirll said:

Does anyone know if you need the drinks package to do this event? Or is the drinks free or do you have to pay? 

All the drinks fit inside the Plus package.  You can also order a la carte.  All the beverages demonstrated are destined for paying customers. 

My fav there is the Coco Cafe: Gosling Rum, Espresso, Coconut Cream, Kosher Salt, Grated Nutmeg and Chocolate.

Milky Way is good also on Crooners Bar menu, & also at Good Spirits.

One thing I found after patronizing Good Spirits on several different ships is that the bartenders seem to be a cut above the regular bartenders. They also use fresh juices in the drinks while the other bars make use of a lot of mixes. This means it is much easier to get a custom drink make at Good Spirits. I also like some of the specialty drinks; being a rum drinker I like the Great Pumpkin, Cartagena Cool, and I also order the Vanilla Sky with white rum.

• Like 5

The thing I like most about Good Spirits are all freshly made drinks. At many bars, they'll have a pitcher of some of the more popular " fancy drinks" with the fruit and umbrellas etc.  All the drinks are made fresh for you at Good Spirits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crow9 said:

I heard that, before the pandemic, they will give you a free t-shirt if you collect all the recipe cards from the drinks.  Are they doing that again?

That was a very short time when cruising restarted.  We were on the first cruise out and they hadn't gotten their shirts in yet and on our next cruise 3 months later, they were out of shirts. But we still had fun trying all the drinks!  

Sandia en Fuego was my favorite, watermelons on fire! 

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2023 at 10:33 AM, tonit964 said:

It’s a very fun bar and the experience show they do is fun as well.

This is the Sandia en Fuego margarita from the Yucatán and the Loch Ness martini. Both very good. 

A6C5F676-E706-4B12-AD65-BF548BC2B590.jpeg

8A340ADE-7A4F-45A3-8929-545B2A6DA5B5.jpeg

The Sandia En Fuego is one my favorite drinks! They do go down way to quickly though!

• 2 weeks later...

On our Med. cruise last fall, there were no t-shirts, but we still got a recipe card for each of the drinks we tried--and in 21 days, between the two of us, we tried all 11 that were offered!

• Like 3

We didn't get recipe cards for our cocktails from Good Spirits on the Enchanted last week but the drinks were very nice and it was interesting to see them being made on the screens. Service also very good there.

• Like 1

I was going to International Cafe when I stumbled upon this “Experience.”  The foreign bartender’s English was not intelligible.  The only word I understood was “vanilla”, three times.  

On 5/3/2023 at 5:16 AM, Crow9 said:

I heard that, before the pandemic, they will give you a free t-shirt if you collect all the recipe cards from the drinks.  Are they doing that again?

Cruising started back in July of 2021.  We were on the Discovery on a B2B in April of 2022.  The first week they had the t shirts and the second week they were out.  You needed to collect 15 cards to get a t shirt.  Over the two weeks we collected well over 100 and never got a shirt.  Would have just given them away anyway since my DH and I are fluffy.

The Sandia en Fuego with extra pepper 🌶️ to really take it up a notch was my DH's favorite.  I liked the vanilla sky.

• Like 1