LIVE- Valiant Lady- 1/14/23-1/22/23

MeganGC1983

52 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

My Scarlet Lady sailing in November was short. 4 nights just wasn’t enough to experience the true Virgin way. Over the last few weeks, I’ve gone over what I missed and decided a few things that I need to pencil in on this sailing. 
- a workout class- with only one sea day last sailing, I need to not prioritize brunch and move my butt. And what a fun way to do so. 
- The Dock House- We had one cocktail there after Bimini, but didn’t try the Mezz cart. Definitely gonna try that this time. 
- The Social club- hot dogs and wings, I’m there. 
- Duel Reality/NSA- didn’t get reservations last time and didn’t try to do the waitlist thing. Changing that this time! 

It’s SUPER nice to have such a long voyage. The 4 night is my least favorite just because there’s no time to do anything on the ship!  8 nights was a great amount of time. It was such a better pace for me at least, AND you get to go to restaurants up to 3x!  Seeya onboard next week!

• Like 3

Pre-cruise info:

We have groups from all over the country going with us. BIL proudly serves in the Army, so they have friends joining us on the sailing. The main party is flying from DFW to FLL Friday afternoon. They decided on Spirit. I don’t know why. I think it was the initial sticker shock from Southwest. Original flights were in and out of MIA, but a week after purchased the tickets, the nonstop turned into a layover thing, and I wasn’t having that. If I fly Spirit, it has to be nonstop. So we switched to FLL. 
Hotel wise… everyone wanted to use points. We are staying at the JW Marriott Miami. Others are staying at Hilton garden Inn Brickell. Hopefully gonna meet up for dinner after check in. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

It’s SUPER nice to have such a long voyage. The 4 night is my least favorite just because there’s no time to do anything on the ship!  8 nights was a great amount of time. It was such a better pace for me at least, AND you get to go to restaurants up to 3x!  Seeya onboard next week!

Can’t wait! 

• Like 1

Speaking of the BUCS, I’m pretty excited to see that The Dock House (or the Social Club, I’m getting conflicting info on this) has had football games on the ship. When I sailed scarlet, Tom Brady and I weren’t getting along… I now blame Gisele. And Brent Venerable and I weren’t vibing. Fast forward past a terrible bowl game and a weak NFC south division, and I’m excited to see one of my teams play on the Valiant Lady. Glad VV is acknowledging that some people watch football on vaca. 

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Like 3

DH and I are embarking on Jan 14th on Magic and we will be doing a catamaran snorkel cruise out of Amber Cove on the same day as you!!  Our excursion starts at 9:15 but we take a bus to the catamaran which is 45 minutes away.  I wonder if we will be on the same excursion?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

DH and I are embarking on Jan 14th on Magic and we will be doing a catamaran snorkel cruise out of Amber Cove on the same day as you!!  Our excursion starts at 9:15 but we take a bus to the catamaran which is 45 minutes away.  I wonder if we will be on the same excursion?

It’s a possibility. Same amount of travel time. As far as we know we don’t depart until 10:30. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

It’s a possibility. Same amount of travel time. As far as we know we don’t depart until 10:30. 

Where does your ship port?  Amber Cove?  The last two times we did this excursion one of the guys in the crew put on a wig and danced around.  Very fun!

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1

I watched You Tubers Parodeejay's Virgin cruise series.  They really like everything about Virgin.  The adult only atmosphere was very appealing not to mention the food and drinks were outstanding.

Sounds like Virgin is going to be a strong cruise contender.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

I watched You Tubers Parodeejay's Virgin cruise series.  They really like everything about Virgin.  The adult only atmosphere was very appealing not to mention the food and drinks were outstanding.

Sounds like Virgin is going to be a strong cruise contender.

I watched the Virgin series after you mentioned it on the Tribe page and it was really helpful. But I'm a bit nervous though- another travel YouTuber was quite the Debbie Downer about the Virgin ships once they reach capacity- not enough room for diners, no room at the shows, too crowded for all the events- I'm really hoping that Megan will give me the real scoop, as I think this guy was kind of biased!

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

I watched the Virgin series after you mentioned it on the Tribe page and it was really helpful. But I'm a bit nervous though- another travel YouTuber was quite the Debbie Downer about the Virgin ships once they reach capacity- not enough room for diners, no room at the shows, too crowded for all the events- I'm really hoping that Megan will give me the real scoop, as I think this guy was kind of biased!

I want to know about this too - I LOVED our Virgin cruise in Feb so much that I'm booked for 8 nights in December. I'm nervous that it won't be as great at full capacity, so hoping we find out in this review!

• Like 4

We were on with 2,200 people in Europe which is definitely one of their busiest sailings and the only issue we ran into was the Galley. Lots of confusion, sometimes took a while to get attention of a server, orders messed up but overall still excellent. And we've been on with 600 so we've seen both sides. 

• Like 3