Chat function on RC app

Is this included with the app.  We are 8 family members who would like to stay in touch (2 teens). I saw a you tube video that said there is a charge of $2. Per person per day?  We will not be purchasing wifi.  Thank you

Like you, we don't get the internet package and just connect to the app by ship wifi.  Worked on Liberty (Dec 19 cruise) for no cost.  DH and I just tried it out for fun, but will be very useful on our upcoming cruise when we cruise with our kids.  This way, we can keep in touch with them when they go off without us.  Before, it would just be "meet us back in the cabin at x o'clock")

Edited by LuCruise

Just now, cruisegirl1 said:

Unless I’m missing something, there’s no notification in the chat function that you have a message. You have to actively be on the app, and look up into the chat icon to see if there’s something waiting.

m

Correct. I wish it would notify you when there's a message. I do like the fact that it is now a freebie (or should I say included with your cruise fare)!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Like you, we don't get the internet package and just connect to the app by ship wifi.  Worked on Liberty (Dec 19 cruise) for no cost.  DH and I just tried it out for fun, but will be very useful on our upcoming cruise when we cruise with our kids.  This way, we can keep in touch with them when they go off without us.  Before, it would just be "meet us back in the cabin at x o'clock")

20 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Unless I’m missing something, there’s no notification in the chat function that you have a message. You have to actively be on the app, and look up into the chat icon to see if there’s something waiting.

m

18 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Correct. I wish it would notify you when there's a message. I do like the fact that it is now a freebie (or should I say included with your cruise fare)!

You need to turn on notifications on for the app  in your phone settings and it actually works very well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

The issue I have with this is there’s no notification when someone sends you a message. It did work for us though on our Jewel NYE cruise. We didn’t bother to use it because we would need to keep checking it.

Just off the Navigator, and I did get pop ups on my phone when I got a message. I turned on notifications for the app on my phone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I have notifications on. Do you have an iPhone? I would love to have this work for us. 

Yes, have an IPhone. I honestly can’t say if every single text popped up, but most did. 

We were on Allure in September, we all had notifications turned on for their app in our phones. I would say maybe 20% of the time we received a notification of a message. Bottom line is….You can’t trust their notifications, check your app if you’re waiting on someone.

Edited by smogfarmgirl
  • Like 2