Air to Sea Questions

irishgal432

I am travelling in September toRavenna.  I have never used them and had a question.

If I book a flight now before final payment can I cancel without charge?

We are heading from Ravenna to Venice, what happens if we miss the first flight, will they re book?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

currently on hold for 38 minutes

I assume that you have them on speakerphone, and are thus able to do other things while waiting.

You aren't just sitting there listening to the music, are you?

(And isn't this a small price to pay for getting the accurate answer from the direct source?)

As for missing the first leg of your itinerary -- if you do so, the airline considers you a no-show.  Ticket is cancelled.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked our flight from LAX to Heathrow (June 2023) through RCCL's Air2Sea. I have been trying to check for price reductions but I get a message that says "flights already booked". Can anyone tell me how to get around this so that I can  check current Air2Sea flight prices? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, irisbax3 said:

I booked our flight from LAX to Heathrow (June 2023) through RCCL's Air2Sea. I have been trying to check for price reductions but I get a message that says "flights already booked". Can anyone tell me how to get around this so that I can  check current Air2Sea flight prices? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

go to the website and checkthe browsing button, however it doesn;t allow you to change dates.

On 1/19/2023 at 3:30 PM, irishgal432 said:

go to the website and checkthe browsing button, however it doesn;t allow you to change dates.

1) Do you just give them your cruise reservation number?  Does doing a B2B cruise create any issues?

2) Is it better to book your air travel plans on their website or would you recommend talking to an Air2Sea representative by phone?  If you book by phone, can you ask for that specific representative, or do you have to talk to whomever answers the phone, if you have any questions?

3) Can you use a credit card or airline miles, or a combination, e.g., to upgrade your seat?  Can you request a specific airline you would like to use?

4) Does RCI or Air2Sea arrange for pickup from the airport to the port and from the port to the airport?  I have a foldable electrical wheelchair that I am bringing.  Do I notify Air2Sea about this, or do I contact the Special Needs Department with RCI?

Sorry for so many questions, but I’ve never used Air2Sea.  I’ve always made my own flight arrangements and booked cruises direct with RCI.  

Thank you in advance.

Judy

I decided to just call Air2Sea since I received no answers to my questions.  They were of no help whatsoever.  First of all, it appears the call center is outsourced to the Philippines.  I checked itineraries and found flights before calling.  I was told there were NO FLIGHTS leaving Hilo to Honolulu via Hawaiian Air on May 19.  HA partners with United.  I immediately went to the HA website and booked the flight for both my husband and I.  I called A2S again to schedule a flight from HNL to get to Tampa via United.  I was quoted $588 pp via SFO without a guarantee that the price won’t increase.  I said never mind.  I hung up and went online to United and booked a flight from HNL to Tampa via LAX for $445.80 pp.

I won’t even waste your time with details of our conversation.  I will NEVER book with A2S!  I thought I’d give it a try - but NO WAY EVER!

2 hours ago, iuki said:

I decided to just call Air2Sea since I received no answers to my questions.  They were of no help whatsoever.  First of all, it appears the call center is outsourced to the Philippines.  I checked itineraries and found flights before calling.  I was told there were NO FLIGHTS leaving Hilo to Honolulu via Hawaiian Air on May 19.  HA partners with United.  I immediately went to the HA website and booked the flight for both my husband and I.

They were looking at their inventory and there were no seats available to them.  BIG difference between public and contract inventories.

2 hours ago, iuki said:

I called A2S again to schedule a flight from HNL to get to Tampa via United.  I was quoted $588 pp via SFO without a guarantee that the price won’t increase.  I said never mind.  I hung up and went online to United and booked a flight from HNL to Tampa via LAX for $445.80 pp.

They were quoting the negotiated contract price of the ticket.

Always remember....you are not talking apples and oranges here.

• Thanks 1

As FlyerTalker said, when you call Air2Sea, you're talking to a consolidator. If they don't have inventory to sell you, then they can't sell you something they don't have. There is a HUGE difference between the airline directly and a consolidator.

Also, as FT said, Air2Sea negotiated the fares a year or so ago. They can only sell at the negotiated price. Their price and the price point that an airline currently has are totally different.

Having said that, I went thru the cruise line air department one time. I saved $200 per person on each ticket. (Of course, my travel time went from 6 hours to 14 hours) I learned my lesson.

Then again, that may be why there is a pinned thread just above this called Cruise Air and Air Deviation Explained. Tells you more than you wanted to know how the industry works.

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 1