1 Bottle Of Wine Per Adult Question

meanmom08

9 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Dang. I almost never check bags. DH and I are currently on a 14-day Journeys cruise and we only took carry-ons. 

Did a search and found this:

Corkscrews (with no blade)

• Like 2

Two stories that I will share about cruise passengers and wine bottles from Pier 91 Seattle:

Once I had a older mom and adult daughter proudly tell me how they searched for a wine bottle with a screw off top so they could avoid the 'corkage fee'.  I didn't have the heart to explain what the corkage fee really meant.

Another time, there was a woman just sitting on a bench outside the terminal building (back when we had benches!).  After a while I asked her if she needed help, or if she had any questions.  She explained that she was waiting for her traveling partner because she had two bottles of wine with her, and she didn't want to pay (at the time) the $15 corkage fee for one of the bottles.  She sat outside for about 90 minutes waiting for her friend.  

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2023 at 12:30 PM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

If you bring a corked bottle, do they have a cork screw you can use in your stateroom?  Or do you need to bring it?  Or pay a corkage fee?

Room service will come and uncork it for you. They will expect a tip. If you can, pack a corkscrew. this kind travels well. The Unconfiscatable Corkscrew for Travel - Heels First Travel